The Official LGBTQ Thread

There are people who call same-sex marriage a privilege? WTF. Being opposed to it is one thing but that argument makes zero sense.

There are a lot of bizarre arguments out there. One time I saw someone saying that gay people already have equal rights because they can marry people of the opposite sex just like straight people can and by allowing same sex marriage, they'd be given more rights than everyone else. :uhm:

Pearl Jam (and others) have joined the Boss:

"The HB2 law that was recently passed is a despicable piece of legislation that encourages discrimination against an entire group of American citizens. The practical implications are expansive and its negative impact upon basic human rights is profound. We want America to be a place where no one can be turned away from a business because of who they love or fired from their job for who they are. It is for this reason that we must take a stand against prejudice, along with other artists and businesses, and join those in North Carolina who are working to oppose HB2 and repair what is currently unacceptable."

What a complete and total asshole this guy is. I hope Whole Foods .. and the baker who go caught in the middle of this .. sue the living shit out of this guy and win.

The Texas pastor who sued Whole Foods in April for allegedly writing a gay slur on a cake he bought withdrew his lawsuit on Monday and apologized to the supermarket chain for perpetrating a hoax, KVUE reported.
Openly gay pastor Jordan Brown said in April that he requested a cake from Whole Foods with the phrase “Love Wins” written on it, but when he received his cake there was a homophobic remark added. Brown made the accusation in an Internet video and launched a lawsuit shortly thereafter.
But alert viewers quickly pointed out that the icing style used to write “Love Wins” and the gay slur appeared to differ, and Whole Foods released surveillance video showing the cake being purchased with only “Love Wins” in writing.
“I want to apologize to Whole Foods and its team members for questioning the company’s commitment to its values, and especially the baker associate who I understand was put in a terrible position because of my actions,” Brown said in a statement.
“I apologize to the LGBT community for diverting attention from real issues. I also want to apologize to my partner, my family, my church family, and my attorney.”
Whole Foods filed a countersuit against Brown and hasn’t said if it would drop that action now that Brown has dropped his lawsuit.

Wohooo ... a guys house got destroyed as part of a series of floods that affected tens of thousands of people and killed several people

Party time!
:cheers:

:clap::yey::edmetal::rocker::shred::ok::clap::yes:

And we can't make fun of it, you say? Surprising, coming from you. Especially when what's being made fun of is not the flood itself.

Also, that guy might have been hateful and he might have been giving Christians a rather bad name, but wishing something bad happening to him or being happy about it... does it make you any better than him? If you want to preach tolerance, you have to be tolerant even to the intolerant first, IMHO.

Also, that guy might have been hateful and he might have been giving Christians a rather bad name, but wishing something bad happening to him or being happy about it... does it make you any better than him? If you want to preach tolerance, you have to be tolerant even to the intolerant first, IMHO.

Who says we were happy about it happening?

It's a "what goes around comes around" type of story. None of would go out of our way to wish something like that happen to him. But it happened and it's fucking funny. Not the flood, but the story is funny. Making fun of something doesn't mean you're happy about that very thing. You see the "Dennis Wilcock did 9/11" joke below my username? That's a 9/11 joke. Does it mean I'm happy about 9/11 happening?

This has absolutely nothing to do with being "intolerant".

Last edited:
I wouldn't. I would feel sorry for you. Because that person can be misguided and stupid, but I feel sorry for anyone whose home, his memories and things was taken away by flood, whatever stupid things he said or will say (especially if it's just words - God knows I said many stupid things myself). There are many bigots and stupid people, but I still feel for them, if something nasty happens to them. Call me a bleeding heart, I don't care. I tend to be rather careful about saying who deserves what, because I got many things I did not deserve, in both positive and negative way.

I realise that the irony in this particular case is funny, but I felt something more in that, kind of a schadenfreude I don't agree with, that's all. If it isn't so, please feel free to ignore my comment :)

God's love for closet homosexuals? :p

This was my comment about the story, it's obviously making fun of the irony. It's not schadenfreude at all.

Fwiw, If I got hit in the head by a Quran or a Bible and suffered a head injury while arguing that God didn't exist, it would also be a funny story. It's a two-way street of irony.

Yeah, probably my mistake. Feel free to ignore me, then. :D

Well you had three people agreeing with you there as well, obviously a lot of people saw it that way. I was surprised that it turned into a tolerance thing though, I'd expect a debate about comedic taste but not lack of tolerance.

Well, it might have been a reaction to Foro's post that might seem more that way, I don't know.

But yes, many "freedom fighters" are happy if something bad happens to the people who oppose freedom. That's where it might have come from; I've seen it myself. Just like I've seen many people hating Muslims and thinking the French Supreme Court ruled "against Europe" when it said today that you cannot force people to strip more than they want to. Really, if you hate the haters, you're only more meta, but you still spread evil in a way.

Ah, fuck it, sorry for the misunderstanding, I'm not supposed to post in this thread anyway :D

But yes, many "freedom fighters" are happy if something bad happens to the people who oppose freedom.

There's only one case of that for me, and that goes for people who actively fight against freedom. ISIS, for example. I'm absolutely fucking ecstatic when I hear of ISIS militants being torn to shreds, don't think that's considered a bad thing though. :D

I'm not supposed to post in this thread anyway :D

Why not, it's not a "LGBTQ Club" or something :p

Back