The Official LGBTQ Thread

This was my comment about the story, it's obviously making fun of the irony. It's not schadenfreude at all.

Fwiw, If I got hit in the head by a Quran or a Bible and suffered a head injury while arguing that God didn't exist, it would also be a funny story. It's a two-way street of irony.

Totally get that .. hopefully if you get conked on the head, it is a paperback

Why not, it's not a "LGBTQ Club" or something :p

Well, few months ago after I posted that I don't like gay parades, because

- they diminish a person into a mere sexuality
- sexual orientation - well, sex itself - should be everyone's private thing and kept in bedroom
- identifying oneself by whom you take to bed with you is somewhat shallow

and facing disagreement for that I promised I will keep away from this thread. :D

- sexual orientation should be everyone's private thing and kept in bedroom

and facing disagreement for that I promised I will keep away from this thread. :D

How dare you! :)

- sexual orientation - well, sex itself - should be everyone's private thing and kept in bedroom

You know, we had our regular yearly pride parade this year in Ottawa, and the chap at my office who is gay indicated to me that he doesn't like them for a lot of the above reasons. But he also noted he supported the concept of them, because he is also 50, and has seen quite a lot of change during the years of pride parades. So it's definitely a conundrum.

The celebration this year was just that - a concept of "love as thou wilt" - straight or gay or somewhere in the middle. Nobody dressed only in body paint. There were some pretty interesting outfits, but there were lots of regular ones, too. The biggest celebrity to walk in the parade was a famously straight man. But I know it's not the same here as it is elsewhere...anyway.

From the parade yesterday:

CsoC-MGXYAAXnm3.jpg

Newspapers' FB page posts this with something like "New LGBTQ hero" and the top comment is "What, for being a faggot?!" with like 600 likes.

SMH :facepalm:

Back