The Official I Popped My Clogs Because The Final Frontier Leaked Thread

Re: The Official Waiting For The Final Frontier And I'm About To Pop My Clogs Thread

BillyTheBoxer said:
Sooooo. Am I the only one who is waiting till the 16th to listen to the album. I feel like I'm the only one. :lol:
Just you and Jeffmetal unless he gave in.

Re: The Official Waiting For The Final Frontier And I'm About To Pop My Clogs Thread

Iron Maiden, basically, always wrote albums within a 3 months period; the longest period was during The X Factor which was a rebirth for the band - I won't count the beginning of the band as another long period 'cos Steve had material since 1975 to make the first 2 album (with only MITRM, GK, PS written during the period of pre production for Killers). So, it's nothing new Maiden's composing process for those who are really into the band.

Travis, all my friends on msn are tempting me like a under age teen girl to listen to it, but I'll wait 'til Monday. :D One thing in common - all of them are blown away by The Final Frontier.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
Just you and Jeffmetal unless he gave in.

Ahh. My main man Jeffmetal. I'm sure he won't let me down. :p

IMHO
As a fan since 82 who has seen then 14 times including driving 5 hours to see them with blaze at a dump in San Antonio on the X Factor tour  and was there again with blaze at a tin barn in San Benito Texas on the VXI tour I will say this about The Final Frontier:

They Fucking Did It.

OK to retire now boys....you've earned it!

That's cool Jeff. You have a LOT of will power.
IF they do retire, hopefully Bruce will do a solo album or 2 in the future.
Does anyone else thing Bruce sounds boring and uninspired in the verse at 2:25 on The Man Who Would Be King?

LordMaiden said:
See, it's kind of funny and ironic. Without Gers (who many think is the weakest) the band would have never reached this point. Are you going to tell me Maiden would make an album over 70 minutes long with two guitarists?

To play the devils advocate, wasn't X Factor 70 minutes?  Of course, one of those two guitarists WAS Gers.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
That's cool Jeff. You have a LOT of will power.
IF they do retire, hopefully Bruce will do a solo album or 2 in the future.
Does anyone else thing Bruce sounds boring and uninspired in the verse at 2:25 on The Man Who Would Be King?

I absolutely concur, definitely knocks the song down a few pegs.

I'm also not super stoked on Mother of Mercy like the rest of you are, I like it but it's kinda a Montsegur for me. Heavy, rocking, kinda detached.

3 listens in, Isle of Avalon and the Talisman stand head and shoulders above the rest, but there is a lot of good stuff on here.

After one listen through....I sat there mouth open...not sure what the hell the journey I just took, was. Astounded by everything that was just thrown at my senses. I couldn't process it all. What I DID know, though...was that I felt a tear form in the corner of my eye.

Second listen through now, and still I can't begin to put rational thoughts together enough to even consider giving ratings and commentary. My feelings on each song are still wrapped in the madness that they put my mind through...even on the second listen through, as I begin to recognize elements I heard from the first time.

I just....don't know what to say.

Fuck me sideways, I fucking love Iron Maiden....and damnit I'm tearing up again.

I found Maiden in 83 just a few weeks before POM came out. In all the years, I never thought anything would ever match the brilliance of the POM album. It had been my favorite all along. But then DOD...and then AMOLAD were so unbelievably brilliant that they became my new favorites. This new album...too early to put it in a spot...but it's reallllllly sounding realllllly promising.

Can any one of you wonderful people please send me the link?

mckindog@gmail.com
Thanks. This is the best web site in the world.

chaosapiant said:
To play the devils advocate, wasn't X Factor 70 minutes?  Of course, one of those two guitarists WAS Gers.

Ah, you got me.

But...this album is far more interesting than the X Factor.

LordMaiden said:
Ah, you got me.

But...this album is far more interesting than the X Factor.

I mostly agree.  This album IS better than X Factor, but X Factor is still in my top five Maiden albums.

I still haven't listened to WTWWB. I was watching Dumb & Dumber in russian, lol.
Okay its sounding pretty good so far!

BillyTheBoxer said:
Sooooo. Am I the only one who is waiting till the 16th to listen to the album. I feel like I'm the only one. :lol:

I'm with you man  ;)

Sadly I caved in and listened to one of the samples (The Talisman, although I don't regret it as it was a slow part and therefore I think most of the song will be different (and it served to increase my anticipation)) - but no more. And of course, I've listened to the two singles.

I've set my listening date as whenever the album comes out in-store and I buy it (Either this Friday or next Monday). I'm also planning a release party with my friend, which will be awesome.

OMG what an album !!!!!  :edmetal:

SOLID !!! SURPRISING !!! MINDBLOWING !!!

:D

LordMaiden said:
This is their last album. I'm calling it. I said before it feels like some weird swan song, even if sounds upbeat at times.
You seriously think so?

dang it seems im the only one who isnt very impressed with the album yet...
i was hoping for another DoD type of album, one of my favs, but i think even though most songs have some nice parts, they also have some parts i dislike...
I think I'll definitely like the album better after a few more listens (its always like that), but i think for me this album is not in my top 5 :(
But of course Maiden is Maiden  :edmetal: it still beats anything else  :bigsmile:

You gotta give it another 10,000 listens. You CAN'T pass it off already.

Suicidehummer said:
You gotta give it another 10,000 listens. You CAN'T pass it off already.
Yeah dude. I only let myself listen to a few minutes of each song, and I love it.

Back