The Official I Popped My Clogs Because The Final Frontier Leaked Thread

Re: The Official Waiting For The Final Frontier And I'm About To Pop My Clogs Thread

I have to say, this album is getting better with every listen. I can't wait buy this shit so I can hear it the way it is supposed to sound.

Re: The Official Waiting For The Final Frontier And I'm About To Pop My Clogs Thread

BEST MAIDEN SINCE 88
                                                                   ENJOY
                                                               THANK YOU
                                                       :rocker: :shred: :edmetal:
                                                      ALL METALHEADS AROUND
                                                                THE WORLD
                                                           THE FINAL FRONTIER

Anybody already making judgments like "I don't like this album" is destined to be an '80s Maiden fan forever...

Yeah, if you want pure 80's, this ain't it.

Holy shit fuck, the middle part of TMWWBK is friggin' genius!  :yey:

It sounds great so far. It's more uplifting than AMOLAD, that's for sure.

Finally listening to the last song.  It's.....strange to say the least.  Very happy sounding so far.

chaosapiant said:
For the most part, the best of Maiden's albums are hard to grab at first.  Two of my favorites are X Factor and AMOLAD and both of those were slow burners for me.  This one appears to be no different.

I've only been a Maiden fan for the last 7 years or so (I'm only 27) and of course now they're my favorite band.  All their albums grabbed me instantly and I loved nearly every track on every CD.  The only album that I had to allow time to grow on me was AMOLAD....and this one.  However, I've listened to the rest of the CD since I posted last and the second half of the album is better.  I think "Where The Wild Wind Blows" is my favorite song on the album.  Like I said though - I kind of hated AMOLAD at first but now I like it.  I think the same will happen with The Final Frontier, as long as I just recognize they'll never be able to top their prior albums, because they were just too good.  Do you think this is the final hoorah for Iron Maiden?  I hope not!

lcarus said:
I've only been a Maiden fan for the last 7 years or so (I'm only 27) and of course now they're my favorite band.  All their albums grabbed me instantly and I loved nearly every track on every CD.  The only album that I had to allow time to grow on me was AMOLAD....and this one.  However, I've listened to the rest of the CD since I posted last and the second half of the album is better.  I think "Where The Wild Wind Blows" is my favorite song on the album.  Like I said though - I kind of hated AMOLAD at first but now I like it.  I think the same will happen with The Final Frontier, as long as I just recognize they'll never be able to top their prior albums, because they were just too good.  Do you think this is the final hoorah for Iron Maiden?  I hope not!

It depends what you mean by "top" their prior albums.  To me, Maiden started topping them with Brave New World.  The first albums now seem barbaric compared to this new one and the last few.

Just finished listening to Mother of Mercy and all I can say is wow.... think this album is gonna be playing on a constant loop until very late tonight :)

chaosapiant said:
It depends what you mean by "top" their prior albums.  To me, Maiden started topping them with Brave New World.  The first albums now seem barbaric compared to this new one and the last few.

Yeah, at this point its just plain silly to compare this Maiden era with the 80's.

Definitely a different album. I think it's great so far. I love Coming Home.  :yey:

We need a new thread for just album talk now.

So far my favorite is The Talisman.  Spinning it again now.
My biggest fear of this album, from the first 2 tracks they released, is Bruce's voice.  I thought Bruce's delivery on AMOLAD could not be topped.  He was reaching notes i've not heard him reach in years, and didn't sound strained on that album.  But so far he is blowing me away on this album.  He seems a little more reserved, but when he really lets go, he takes me back in time to the 80's on opus's like Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son.

Stan said:
Definitely a different album. I think it's great so far. I love Coming Home.  :yey:

Agreed!! listening to Coming Home at the moment and instantly love it... also enjoying the upbeat feeling of the album, really gets the adrenaline pumping and the head banging  :edmetal:

Man, you could barely hear the keyboards on this thing. On Coming Home, holy shit, you need the headphones to even get a hint that there are keyboards.

Stan said:
Speaking of Symphony X, I worship Russell Allen's balls, man.

Same here.

chaosapiant said:
I've tried DT, even seeing them live now with Maiden.  I can't get into the vocalist.  I've tried a couple of songs from all albums, and the dude has an amazing high range, but doesn't seem to have anything but that.  I'll look into Symphony X.  One band that might now be considered prog that I love dearly is Mastodon.

Mastodon is awesome, specially the recent stuff. Symphony X, Start with Twilight on Olympus, The Odyssey and V. Paradise Lost is quite the let down and I am not familiar with their earlier stuff to recommend it.  They will initially sound like a DT clone except in the fact that IMO they have a much better singer and they almost strictly use a piano rather than a keyboard.

After a quick listen......mmmmm........I have to say that its a weird album.It has parts that doesnt sound like maiden ( any era).I need to listen to it tomorrow again but i have a feeling like when i first listened to dance of death ( wich i didnt like it at all).I has some good tunes like the alchemist,but i was expecting the chorus to sing in all the album and it never come.

Im tired its 2am here i spain and i spent all the day working so its not a good situation to listen to an iron maiden album.See you tomorrow my friends and thanks for being so quick sending me the album ( sofia). :ok:

Back