The Official I Popped My Clogs Because The Final Frontier Leaked Thread

Re: The Official Waiting For The Final Frontier And I'm About To Pop My Clogs Thread

I want to say thank you once again to my fellow Maiden fans for being so eagerly helpful today and -- in many cases -- putting off listenings to keep folks up to date.  You're a good lot...and I thank you.  

Re: The Official Waiting For The Final Frontier And I'm About To Pop My Clogs Thread

Jstb4udie said:
Morning lads, knew if I went to bed I would miss something big :) Can someone point me in the right direction.... cheers

Check your email Doom fan.

nothing important ..just an album came out called final frontier...:D

Gotta say...this album is fucking difficult.  I'm on Starblind now, and these last songs seem to be progressively difficult to listen to.  Not in a bad way, but in a "too much shit going on" kinda way.  This is gonna take a while to sink in.

I think, stylistically, it's closest to The X Factor in that regard. Every song is deliciously complex...and will take a long time to sink in fully. I can't judge yet. The only song I can say I honestly adore completely from first listening is Coming Home.

LooseCannon said:
I think, stylistically, it's closest to The X Factor in that regard. Every song is deliciously complex...and will take a long time to sink in fully. I can't judge yet. The only song I can say I honestly adore completely from first listening is Coming Home.

I'd agree that Coming Home is definitely the most accessible on the album.  I'm liking what I hear, even if I don't completely understand it.  They've finally pulled out all the stops with the 3 guitar attack, and it's dizzying to say the least.

chaosapiant said:
Check your email Doom fan.

Haha wonder what gave you the idea I like Doom :)  Its a dead giveaway that you are an old school gamer

Jstb4udie said:
Haha wonder what gave you the idea I like Doom :)  Its a dead giveaway that you are an old school gamer

I'm not "Pong" old school, but I enjoyed my days of modem to modem Doom madness like every decent gamer worth his salt.  :)

chaosapiant said:
Gotta say...this album is fucking difficult.  I'm on Starblind now, and these last songs seem to be progressively difficult to listen to.  Not in a bad way, but in a "too much shit going on" kinda way.  This is gonna take a while to sink in.

Yeah, that's what I was saying earlier when I said I didn't understand how people could rate or compare this album after just a few listens because it is so dense with so much going on.

sorry guys, a couple frends where here and i have to leave the computer
still the music was playing, they understand my maideness, as my wife

first many many tanks to m.h. who send me email with the sat.15/tff and then to Whistler in MFU who send me the link
as son as i got the first email i starded to send it, real crazy boom of messages, emails, phone calls

i had the impression from the samples that it wold be best album of the year and i stick to that

people already said that sounds the best since 88 and i agree

as most of you im also going to buy the album and hope that in 2011 they give a gig here

Twarkle said:
Yeah, that's what I was saying earlier when I said I didn't understand how people could rate or compare this album after just a few listens because it is so dense with so much going on.

The Talisman reminds me of something....but I can't figure it out.  Rime of the Ancient Mariner maybe?  The galloping is a refreshing throw back to days of yore.

It's odd because I'm a big prog rock/metal fan but I can digest a new Dream Theater album faster than I'm going to be able to get used to this one.  I think once we become familiar with the songs obviously it will be easier to listen to.

Holy shit!  Is that.....3 simultaneous solos in the breakdown of the Talisman?  Insanity!

chaosapiant said:
The Talisman reminds me of something....but I can't figure it out.  Rime of the Ancient Mariner maybe?  The galloping is a refreshing throw back to days of yore.
i think is the best song in the album...Bruce almost made me cry on this :bigsmile:

Twarkle said:
It's odd because I'm a big prog rock/metal fan but I can digest a new Dream Theater album faster than I'm going to be able to get used to this one.  I think once we become familiar with the songs obviously it will be easier to listen to.

I can't get into most prog, because what i've heard mostly sounds like complexity is more important than the music.  That being said, this album sounds like Maiden are showing everyone else how it's done.

I feel like it has the makings of a great album.  It's not chock full of hooks in a traditional sense, so I think initially it doesn't strike me as memorable, but I'm willing to bet it's just a matter of familiarity.

I have been waiting for "Coming Home" for along time..! I love this tune so much and it has a lot of personal meaning for me... thank you Maiden!!

chaosapiant said:
Holy shit!  Is that.....3 simultaneous solos in the breakdown of the Talisman?  Insanity!
yes it is! it blows your brain out!

So far..Man Who Would Be King sounds a LOT like Somewhere in Time era stuff.  It's awesome that Kevin Shirley was able to get so much "space" out of his typically dry productions.

I'm just starting Isle Of Avalon and so far I'm loving the album!

Back