The Official I Popped My Clogs Because The Final Frontier Leaked Thread

Re: The Official Waiting For The Final Frontier And I'm About To Pop My Clogs Thread

Coming Home is fucking money. It tops any ballad they have ever written.

Re: The Official Waiting For The Final Frontier And I'm About To Pop My Clogs Thread

LordMaiden said:
Coming Home is fucking money. It tops any ballad they have ever written.

Or Bruce's ballads, which is what it sounds more like to me.

Doesn't anyone feel that this album, and the recent ones have this "cloudy"-sounding production. I hate that shit. I want more volume, more polish!! Anyway, the songs still rock my ass and balls. :edmetal:

Stan said:
Doesn't anyone feel that this album, and the recent ones have this "cloudy"-sounding production. I hate that shit. I want more volume, more polish!! Anyway, the songs still rock my ass and balls. :edmetal:

I think between this and the last two, this one has the best production. We'll have to wait for the CD.

Stan said:

Not sure about "cloudy" but they definitely sound more "live" in a sense.  One thing I really like about Shirley's production over Martin's is that ever since BNW I can clearly hear Nicko's bass pedal mastery.  I do wish there was a bit more "space" and reverb on the album like Martin used to do.  That being said, this album, to me, is the best produced album in 20 years easily.

chaosapiant said:
Not sure about "cloudy" but they definitely sound more "live" in a sense.  One thing I really like about Shirley's production over Martin's is that ever since BNW I can clearly here his amazing bass pedal mastery.  I do wish there was a bit more "space" and reverb on the album like Martin used to do.  That being said, this album, to me, is the best produced album in 20 years easily.

Ah yes! That's the word I was looking for too, reverb! I wish there was more of that too.

I'll tell ya, this place puts MFU to fucking shame with its decency to others.

Isle of Avalon sounds like a Rush song. Whoa. Check out H shredding!!!  :shred:

chaosapiant said:
It depends what you mean by "top" their prior albums.  To me, Maiden started topping them with Brave New World.  The first albums now seem barbaric compared to this new one and the last few.

It means I don't think these last 2 albums are as good as any of their prior albums, and I'm not really comparing it just to the 80s albums either, because I loved Brave New World, Fear of the Dark, and Dance of Death.  That's just my opinion though so it doesn't really matter to anyone else except me.  :rocker:

LordMaiden said:
I'll tell ya, this place puts MFU to fucking shame with its decency to others.

Even the initials "MFU" sound like a fuck off to people.

One thing i think I'm sure of....this one has the best midsections of any Maiden album.

Hello People.  My first post.
((I am from Brazil and my english is not that good... Sorry about that.))

But.... why you guys don't talk about When the Wind Blows!!?

This song is pure gold from start to end!!!

One of the best songs ever. Not only on the Metal Cathegory.

I finished my first full listen to the album a bit ago, and now I'm sifting through songs randomly. Gotta say, despite it being very early for judgments, I think this is the best since Seventh Son. I'm not completely blown away by it (only Killers and Somewhere In Time blew me away first listen). But damn, there is some amazing guitar work on this album. Maiden has finally taken advantage of having three guitarists. Guess I'll have to go easier on Janick from now on.

The highlights for me are Coming Home, The Alchemist, Isle of Avalon, Starblind and The Man Who Would Be King. Wasn't crazy about The Talisman or When the Wild Wind Blows. I have them pegged as growers. Same for Mother of Mercy. Satellite 15 is going to be a wicked opener. Very atmospheric. Gonna feel like being taken into space when the lights go out and those swirling chords come through the PA. El Dorado is what it is: a decent rocker with a catchy chorus.

The production sounds a lot like Dance of Death to me. I'm not a huge fan of the overall sound. The guitars sound a little muffled and Nicko sounds like he's hitting something other than drums. Weird. I really wish Maiden would just try to reproduce the sound from Somewhere In Time. Adrian's guitar tone on that album is godlike. Just frigging perfect.

MFU means, Morons and Fakes United (not to give F another meaning)

It really is all about Isle of Avalon. That one's a winner.

I like the album a lot, I kinda like the light psychedelic guitar that comes in here and there.

However, what I REALLY like is that they seemed to shake the pattern that had been following Maiden since Brave New World. Don't get me wrong, I love those albums (Especially BNW, that was the first album of theirs I bought on my own and didn't get as a hand me down). It's just, you could easily tell that those three albums are definitely of the same "era" with AMOLAD being about as far as they could stretch that formula. Still a great album, but it's nice to hear Maiden venture into some uncharted territory with this one.

CoenRichard said:

I think that's my favorite song on this album too.  :ok:

CoenRichard said:

I can't speak to everyone...but that was the weirdest song on the album for me.  For an 11 minute track, it seems like it's only 4 minutes long.  It sounds like a really happy folk song, and has about 37 left turns.  None of these are bad qualities; quite the contrary.  But it's hard to form an opinion on such a complex piece so early.

Back