The Official I Popped My Clogs Because The Final Frontier Leaked Thread

Re: The Official Waiting For The Final Frontier And I'm About To Pop My Clogs Thread

chaosapiant said:
So far..Man Who Would Be King sounds a LOT like Somewhere in Time era stuff.  It's awesome that Kevin Shirley was able to get so much "space" out of his typically dry productions.

Fantastic, I like the sound of that!

Re: The Official Waiting For The Final Frontier And I'm About To Pop My Clogs Thread

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
I'm just starting Isle Of Avalon and so far I'm loving the album!

Be warned, you are now wading into the "deep end" of the album.  :p

Finally home! In 5 minutes, I should be listening to this thing!

Thank you to everyone who sent the album to me!  :yey:

chaosapiant said:
I can't get into most prog, because what i've heard mostly sounds like complexity is more important than the music.  That being said, this album sounds like Maiden are showing everyone else how it's done.

I don't think this album is really that proggy, it's has plenty of elements of prog, especially 1970's prog rock though, but it's still more straight forward than prog.

As far as the complexity of prog, it's not that the complexity is more important than the music, it's that they are intertwined, the complexity is the music.  If that makes sense.   :)

chaosapiant said:
I can't get into most prog, because what i've heard mostly sounds like complexity is more important than the music.  That being said, this album sounds like Maiden are showing everyone else how it's done.

Pagan's Mind, Symphony X and DT are a good place to start.

I CAN HEAR YOU! CAN YOU HEAR ME? I CAN FEEL YOU! CAN YOU FEEL ME? NOW IT'S ROCKING AND AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Onhell said:
Pagan's Mind, Symphony X and DT are a good place to start.

I've tried DT, even seeing them live now with Maiden.  I can't get into the vocalist.  I've tried a couple of songs from all albums, and the dude has an amazing high range, but doesn't seem to have anything but that.  I'll look into Symphony X.  One band that might now be considered prog that I love dearly is Mastodon.

You know you're listening to a really good album when El Dorado is the worst track on it.

Speaking of Symphony X, I worship Russell Allen's balls, man.

All 8 first songs I liked immediately, top three : 1.Talisman 2.Coming Home 3.Starblind. I've listened to the last 2 for a second time separately they are ok
but as the record is very dense and complex is kind of difficult listen.

Nevertheless, I like this direction that Maiden have taken  :)

ps : a simple & calm song like journeyman around the 7th -8th place, would have been very useful making it a more breathing album
ps #2 : not too much solos huh ??

Warning - while you were typing 19 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.   :bigsmile:

Started listening just now. Satellite 15 is kind of strange sounding, but still pretty cool. Listening to Mother of Mercy right now.

Didn't Final Frontier go right into El Dorado? At least that's what I read from some reviews. My copy doesn't do that. :(

Stan said:
Speaking of Symphony X, I worship Russell Allen's balls, man.

Yes, not a big fan of the band, but Russell Allen has a great set of pipes.  Dude can flat out belt.

LordMaiden said:
You know you're listening to a really good album when El Dorado is the worst track on it.
:bigsmile:

WTF? There was that slow intro and then the part with Bruce singing "I can hear you..." Then another small singing part and it went right to the solos. Now it's a slow part again.

OK, now the end is rocking pretty good, but I just love the "I can hear you..." part.

Wait until you hit the middle of The Man Who Would Be King.

Haha the intro to Satellite 15 is awesome.... hopes are rising even higher for the rest of the album

Back