The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Just came back from my first show ever in Quebec City.
Everything was great but I wish the volume could be lower. Why does it have to be so loud? I did wear earplugs and my ears are still ringing. The speakers were clearly pushed too far and sounds were often distorted. The long high note during the outro of one of Ghost's songs was just painful. I was getting worried during their perforance because the drums sounded a lot like firecrackers and were so overwhelming that I couldn't understand a word of the lyrics.
Fortunately Maiden sounded clearer. It seemed I didn't realise I was finally seeing them in person. The songs just passed like trains. TRATB felt like six minutes at most.
The Trooper was alright because I didn't notice Bruce had any problems to sing it. But the highlits were TBOS and surprisingly Blood Brothers, which I wasn't particularly looking forward to hearing.
Bruce promised they were coming back in the future. I'll be sure not to miss that.

Keep it civil, fekso. If you don't want anyone to join in on discussions you have with others, have your discussions via pm. Otherwise, don't behave like a five-year-old.

On a personal level I think it would help me to become a bigger fan of BOS. The Wacken show was okay, would like to have it mastered though

Performance was quite good, I'd also like a big powerful sound.

Just came back from my first show ever in Quebec City.
Everything was great but I wish the volume could be lower. Why does it have to be so loud? I did wear earplugs and my ears are still ringing. The speakers were clearly pushed too far and sounds were often distorted. The long high note during the outro of one of Ghost's songs was just painful. I was getting worried during their perforance because the drums sounded a lot like firecrackers and were so overwhelming that I couldn't understand a word of the lyrics.
Fortunately Maiden sounded clearer. It seemed I didn't realise I was finally seeing them in person. The songs just passed like trains. TRATB felt like six minutes at most.
The Trooper was alright because I didn't notice Bruce had any problems to sing it. But the highlits were TBOS and surprisingly Blood Brothers, which I wasn't particularly looking forward to hearing.
Bruce promised they were coming back in the future. I'll be sure not to miss that.
Congrats on the show! I'm glad you enjoyed it, in general. As for being loud...I dunno. But it is!

I didn't witness TGU live, sounds a bit slower than on the record, and the cost would be TOAC out, which was great live, better than on the record.

TGU was better live, I thought. Way heavier in person. Still, I mildly prefer TOAC, but I did get to see both, which is the real point of the exercise.

what would be nice to hear is that extended part they do on TGU. I can see it being heavy live too. Great song the live vocals!

Speaking of a live album... I think they missed the train. Was listening to the Canadian gigs and it seems to me that Bruce sound worse again. They should have really recorded a show when he was on fire (UK shows this year or the early US ones, or maybe one last year).

Maiden haven't done a good decision when it comes to live albums since Rock in Rio.
True...

DOTR: Bruce ill, shitty video editing.
Early days: Ullevi should be released.

Etc...

We know that every show's audio is recorded. They should have someone go through all of the performances, pick the best one of each song, mix it and release a live album with all 17 songs.

Speaking of a live album... I think they missed the train. Was listening to the Canadian gigs and it seems to me that Bruce sound worse again. They should have really recorded a show when he was on fire (UK shows this year or the early US ones, or maybe one last year).

They could have already recorded the live album...

True...

DOTR: Bruce ill, shitty video editing.
Early days: Ullevi should be released.

Etc...

We know that every show's audio is recorded. They should have someone go through all of the performances, pick the best one of each song, mix it and release a live album with all 17 songs.

Disaster they haven't released that Ullevi show yet. Must be one of their best performances ever! Had it on VHS(!) back in the day.

Maybe a few overdubs is okay at this point ;)

Back