The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Shame to hear Bruce's performance has tailed off again. It raises concerns again about the strain on his voice. He was belting it out mid-tour.

That might be the only good live album decision.

Bruce may have sounded better on a BNW tour live album had they recorded elsewhere and we may have had Out of the Silent Planet on there! I understand why they chose Rio though... no 250,000 person audience at any other shows lol...

RIR was the best live album IMO and a phenomenal set list and live versions

The show itself is quite special. Journeyman as an encore, the performances of DOD and Paschendale, a Blaze tune. The editing ruins it completely.
The mix bothers me more since it basically wrecks it as a live album too. It kinda sounds like a high quality soundboard recording. Almost like they didn't have time to do it properly so they just did a really quick mix. What's even stranger is all the other reunion era live albums honestly sound fine (relatively speaking, Flight 666 varies a fair amount track by track and has its own issues but it's not terrible by any means), DotR is the only standout in that regard.

^ there are parts of RIR where they clearly dubbed Bruce's voice over parts that were not truly live... the concert shot by the locals which is on youtube proves this

Was just going to post that .. really cool shirt. I usually do not buy shirts if I did not go to a show (a few exceptions) .. this is going to be an exception, that shirt is cool as hell

Edit: Assuming they put it on the website

Wanted my son to have his 1st concert shirt but difficult to find for 11 year old. Just bought 1 from Maiden website. TBOS CD cover is on the front. Wanted the TX event shirt but all they have left is XL adult size. With shipping to US, was about $38 US. Still cheaper I think than buying at the show

Back