The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

The last tour as in we have a current tour that we cant regard as the current last tour. Besides, being a language police on an internet forum is a bit lame ;)
No it's not! It's the epitome of cool. Last year's tour was a separate tour from this one.

Depends on circumstances. What is recently in terms of Iron Maiden? Was The Clansman played 'recently'? If 2014 is not recently then fair enough.
As far as I know 'The Clansman' was last played on the 'Brave New World' tour which, in terms of Iron Maiden tours, is not recent to me.

No it's not! It's the epitome of cool.

I'm sorry, I didn't know you were five years old. The only age group known today to use the word 'cool'. I think I got the message across. I hope I don't have to repeat that a third time:rolleyes:

As far as I know 'The Clansman' was last played on the 'Brave New World' tour which, in terms of Iron Maiden tours, is not recent to me.

Right. Maiden England tour is recent to me :)

The last tour as in we have a current tour that we cant regard as the current last tour. Could have rephrased myself before posting that. Although I think I got the message across. Besides, being a language police on an internet forum is a bit lame ;)

I do kind of feel for some of the fans that want to hear RttH and more classics. At the show I was at this year, I was next to a guy about my age (50) that was at his first Maiden show. He was a fan from the 80s clearly not up on the new material. He told me "I really want to hear Run To the Hills". He look befuddled during the BoS songs. For someone like me, the setlist was great. But at least half the crowd isn't like me.

I'm sorry, I didn't know you were five years old. The only age group known today to use the word 'cool'.
Perhaps you could avoid insulting people?

Right. Maiden England tour is recent to me :)
And to me, but my point was that 'Run to the Hills' has not been played much recently, but the three other "classic" songs I mentioned are undroppable.

I do kind of feel for some of the fans that want to hear RttH and more classics. At the show I was at this year, I was next to a guy about my age (50) that was at his first Maiden show. He was a fan from the 80s clearly not up on the new material. He told me "I really want to hear Run To the Hills". He look befuddled during the BoS songs. For someone like me, the setlist was great. But at least half the crowd isn't like me.
And a lot of the younger fans want to see the classics too. The first time I saw Maiden was in 2006 when they played the entirety of 'A Matter of Life and Death' - an album which I took a few years to fully appreciate. I felt a bit underwhelmed that they played all of an album that I didn't like a great deal at the time and as far as I knew back then it might have been the only time that I would ever see them and might never get to see some of the classics they dropped that year.

Be nice, everyone.

Seriously! In fact... BE COOL!!

I strongly miss Run to the Hills actually. It IS time to bring it back, and I'd bet it's back next tour. It's not about comparing bringing back RTTH to playing more rare or never played songs. RUN to the Hills is a Classic among the classics. It is outstanding live and I feel a bit jilted when it's not played. It is definitely COOL!

Cool

If they release a live show from the tour I hope they take something from 2017! The Great Unknown would be amazing on a live album

Back