The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Apologies if I missed it, but is there any kind of planned meet up for the Toronto show this weekend? I'll be traveling to Toronto from DC tomorrow, looking forward to (and at the same time dreading) my last Maiden show of the tour!
I'll be in Toronto very late Friday night. Do you want to meet up at the gig beforehand? I'm not sure there's any sort of tailgating allowed, but we could look for a pub/restaurant near the venue.

Toronto last night - very good show. Ghost was quite good - I was sitting next to the sound pit and James Hetfield wandered in to watch Ghost for awhile. Ulrich showed up later for Maiden and hung out with Rod. I really wanted to try to get a picture with Rod but I was a couple seats too far away to get his attention, sadly.

Bruce sounded really tired, though he picked up towards the end, and I hate to say this, but I think it's time to drop The Trooper from the liveset. Bruce doesn't even try to keep up anymore, and it just kinda sounds a little sad. The crowd was very Play Classics! except this one Costa Rican guy in front of me, so we just wigged out to everything and had a fantastic time. The guy beside him got furious because there was "too many stupid songs" and left just before The Trooper, which was pretty funny. Soundwise the show wasn't the best, but I could hear Steve crystal clear, Dave was muddy, H sounded phenominal, and Janick was a little sloppier than in Chicago, where he played an extremely tight set.

Toronto last night - very good show. Ghost was quite good - I was sitting next to the sound pit and James Hetfield wandered in to watch Ghost for awhile. Ulrich showed up later for Maiden and hung out with Rod. I really wanted to try to get a picture with Rod but I was a couple seats too far away to get his attention, sadly.

Bruce sounded really tired, though he picked up towards the end, and I hate to say this, but I think it's time to drop The Trooper from the liveset. Bruce doesn't even try to keep up anymore, and it just kinda sounds a little sad. The crowd was very Play Classics! except this one Costa Rican guy in front of me, so we just wigged out to everything and had a fantastic time. The guy beside him got furious because there was "too many stupid songs" and left just before The Trooper, which was pretty funny. Soundwise the show wasn't the best, but I could hear Steve crystal clear, Dave was muddy, H sounded phenominal, and Janick was a little sloppier than in Chicago, where he played an extremely tight set.

You might be better of without the attention though. He said no to everyone asking when walking through the crowd at Ullevi 2016.

You might be better of without the attention though. He said no to everyone asking when walking through the crowd at Ullevi 2016.
He took a few with the people seated next to him. I think it depends on the mood he is in.

I'd rather they dropped 'Fear of the Dark', 'Iron Maiden' and 'The Number of the Beast' from the setlist than 'The Trooper'. I've seen those three more than enough times, and they've dropped 'The Trooper' for a couple of tours I've seen them on. Time to bring 'Run to the Hills' back!

I'd rather they dropped 'Fear of the Dark', 'Iron Maiden' and 'The Number of the Beast' from the setlist than 'The Trooper'. I've seen those three more than enough times, and they've dropped 'The Trooper' for a couple of tours I've seen them on. Time to bring 'Run to the Hills' back!

Tim to bring it back? They played it the last touro_O

I'd rather they dropped 'Fear of the Dark', 'Iron Maiden' and 'The Number of the Beast' from the setlist than 'The Trooper'. I've seen those three more than enough times, and they've dropped 'The Trooper' for a couple of tours I've seen them on.
This. I think the Trooper still sounds pretty good. Bruce has never sounded that great on it live, but I just love the three part harmonies and the heavy thunderous riff live.

The last part of the Maiden England tour was three years ago, and they hardly ever play it now.

Still though, its time for a bunch of songs to be played again. I wouldnt ask for Run to the Hills after one tour out of the set..

Last edited:
They played RttH on the 2016 tour?

The last tour as in we have a current tour that we cant regard as the current last tour. Could have rephrased myself before posting that. Although I think I got the message across. Besides, being a language police on an internet forum is a bit lame ;)

Back