The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

I am going to my first Maiden show on June 9 in Charlotte. I was working alot on weekends in the 80's and then marriage and the responsibilities of life just took my time. Now, after 30 plus years i finally get to see em live. The cool thing is, I really like the Book of Souls album so I am sure the show will be awesome.

It will be awesome and you're going to have a helluva good time! Enjoy!

I went Saturday and thought it was fantastic. Only negative I have is that Daveys solos seemed quieter than the others from where I was standing.

Definitely agree with the view that 'The Red And The Black' works a lot better live than on the album. It flew by on Saturday!

speaking of Dave, he's looking in good shape seems to have dropped a good bit of weight from the last couple of tours

Adrian was on fire on both Saturday and Sunday nights. Man, his solos could melt your face off. But Dave...I mean, I love Dave. But it kinda felt like his solos were sloppy. By comparison, Janick's solos (the handful he has on this tour) were tight and on point. It was odd.

It was hard to hear Dave and it felt like almost every solo was the same, barring Powerslave. He was doing something different with that, as well, and I'm not certain it worked. Dave was awesome on Maiden England 13/14.

speaking of Dave, he's looking in good shape seems to have dropped a good bit of weight from the last couple of tours

The fat Dave in guru robes from 2011 is the best Dave ever.

Apparently Bruce hinted at the band being back in the UK next year whilst on stage in Cardiff.

If I remember rightly Bruce said on the second London night that it was a mistake that they haven't played indoors in the UK for such a long time and that they wouldn't make that mistake again. Something like that

I'd love it to be a new album tour, but even if they're thinking about late 2018 it seems a bit early for that. A short run in the vein of Give Me Ed... is more likely. I hope I'm wrong.

I'd love it to be a new album tour, but even if they're thinking about late 2018 it seems a bit early for that. A short run in the vein of Give Me Ed... is more likely. I hope I'm wrong.

I think that might be what we would get in 2018, with new album tour in 2019.

Back