The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Interesting, although this probably means they dropped Tears of a Clown. Which is a shame.

I'm fine with the addition of Wrathchild. TGU is a big upgrade over TOAC. Assuming the rest stays the same this is a better mix for me than last year.

Oh cool, they're doing 16 songs after all. Next gig's gonna be incredibly exciting as we await for news whether TGU was dropped or not!

e: Oh wait yeah, the whole CotD thing. I wanna say I think they did play it since they started almost perfectly on time and were doing TRATB 'bout half an hour in, which would be just enough for the intro + IESF, SoL, Wrathchild, CotD and DoG. But considering there's no footage of CotD anywhere... hmm.

With the addition of Wrathchild and TGU replacing Tears, they've increased the setlist by about 5-6 minutes. Something else is coming. Maybe no Hallowed this year, or something in the encore is getting replaced. I just have a feeling.

With the addition of Wrathchild and TGU replacing Tears, they've increased the setlist by about 5-6 minutes. Something else is coming. Maybe no Hallowed this year, or something in the encore is getting replaced. I just have a feeling.
I'm pretty sure they won't drop Wasted Years or TNotB, my guess if they change the encore is something replacing Blood Brothers, maybe The Evil that Men Do, which would shorten the setlist too.

No evidence of Hallowed yet, and there's instagram clips of FOTD up already...
Oh damn, it's not in the setlist.fm list either. I know they're not reliable at all until after the show, but it seems it's been accurate after the initial fuck-ups, so that makes me wonder.

e: I say that and immediately somebody spams random gibberish in there.

Also more CSI-ing, are we even sure that one word song in the list before FotD is "Hallowed" and not "Wrathchild"? Maybe they just bumped it up and Hallowed was always supposed to be dropped.

Changes for the worse if you ask me. Hallowed dropped again SMH. But I'm not seeing them this year anyway, so whatevs :p

If Hallowed was dropped, you can bet it was because Bruce can't pull it off anymore. It's too big of a song for them to drop for any other reason (and I believe him having trouble with it in 2011 was why it wasn't there for ME), and considering he was struggling with it somewhat even on good dates last year, I don't think the outlook's very good for it.

I'm glad they're dropping Hallowed. It rarely sounds good live these days.

Back