The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

I'm just glad they did SOMETHING adventurous and debuted a new song live. Very very excited to experience The Great Unknown!

And... we'll see Monday night if they're switching between this and Shadows of the Valley ;)

Hopefully Hallowed is replacing Blood Brothers as the closer. That would be a massive upgrade and Hallowed works really well as a closer.

Hopefully Hallowed is replacing Blood Brothers as the closer. That would be a massive upgrade and Hallowed works really well as a closer.
If they do this, I'm going to feel like the biggest idiot for at least like an hour.

e: Honestly it makes so much sense I'd almost be willing to bet on this being what they did. BB is long and if it's dropped, HBTN is the obvious replacement since it's awkwardly sandwiched between TBOS and FotD.

Well setlist.fm now has them playing BB. So either the closers are the same with no Hallowed or Hallowed is the last song. We will know for sure soon.

Now has encores as NOTB, BB and Hallowed - would like this confirmed but if that's the case that's a great way to end the show.

setlist.fm is claiming HBTN as the closer, but I'm not quite sure. Would they already be closing at about 1h 35min? No way. Unless they started earlier than I thought, that is.

e: Now it's WY again! Yeah this isn't very reliable until we know for sure the show's over.

I'm just glad they did SOMETHING adventurous and debuted a new song live. Very very excited to experience The Great Unknown!

And... we'll see Monday night if they're switching between this and Shadows of the Valley ;)

The supposedly new SOTV shirt, and Adrian saying that they wanted to play 'a couple' of more Book of Souls tunes, makes for a valid point on this. I'm thinking the same thing

See this is why I said earlier that setlist.fm is useless. Even when it looks like it's more or less reliable, it's not.

If they're filming a DVD then I'm glad it's this leg not the previous one. Love the addition of TGU and won't miss ToaC at all. Also it's great to see CotD wasn't dropped in favour of Wrathchild. Blood Brothers is the most redundant to me at this point.

Now I can't wait to see some TGU footage.

If they're rotating SotV and TGU (probably unlikely) I hope both are included on the DVD, if they do one this year. Hell, throw in ToaC couple of times just so we have a pro-mixed version of that too.

If they do a DVD, I'd like them to do two nights with one night playing last year's setlist. Then make a big 3 hour DVD or whatever the length is.

If they're rotating SotV and TGU (probably unlikely) I hope both are included on the DVD, if they do one this year. Hell, throw in ToaC couple of times just so we have a pro-mixed version of that too.
We'll find out on Monday... I know the merch designs are settled before they start rehearsing, but it seems odd they'd commit to such an unlikely theme for a shirt without at least ONE of the songs showing up in the set.

Back