The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Most likely IMO.
Children of The Damned -> Brave New World
Tears of a Clown -> Wrathchild or 2MTM
Blood Brothers -> The Evil That Men Do
Wasted Years -> Run to the Hills

Dropping TRATB is also possible, but I don't think they'll do it. If they did it would be Dance of Death.

Blood Brothers won't be replaced, since it is in the tour ad. The only songs that are missing from the 2016 set are COTD, TOAC, TRATB, IM and WY. IM is always played and I doubt they will replace TRATB. And also Bruce can't sing RTTH at the end of a set anymore (check TFF tour rehearsals (2011), they intended to close with it, but it was replaced by Running Free during rehearsals). TRATB would only be dropped in case of vocal issues and replaced by 2 relatively short songs or something like DOD with Wrathchild added.

I hope Wasted years doesn't get dropped! I would absolutely love to see Ghost of the Navigator live. I'm hoping to make the Chicago, Phoenix, and Nashville shows if the funds go properly.

How fitting. I was scrolling through my Facebook feed this morning whilst getting a tattoo of Eddie. The artist was playing BOS while he worked and this tour popped up.
Nashville here we come. Took the wife to her first Maiden concert last year in Detroit and she's more excited(if that's possible) than I am to go see them again.

It's been thirty years since Maiden visited a new U.S. state for the last time: 44th visited State: 04 February 1987, Civic Center Wichita Kansas.
Small chance one of these will still be covered. Who knows.
Alaska (attempted for Brave New World Tour: Sullivan Arena, Anchorage, 18 September 2000: cancelled)
Delaware
Montana
New Hampshire

South Dakota (attempted for No Prayer on the Road Tour: Arena, Sioux Falls, 28 February 1991: cancelled)
Vermont

I would think they won’t switch a song that wasn’t played on the last US tour with a song that was played. So dropping say Blood Brothers with The Evil That Men Do may be (hopefully) unlikely.

So how exactly do the fanclub presale codes work? Can you use the same code for as many cities as you want? Or is it a one-and-done thing for one concert?

You have one code that can be used to buy up to 4 tickets at any of the North American shows.

My set list prediction is maybe one change at the most. If I were putting money on it, I'd say it stays the same as it was in 2016. Any changes would be to the classic songs, BOS songs will remain.

Maiden is coming within 4 hours of me (either Nashville or St Louis) and it looks like I may be able to make it this time.

Couple questions:

1. What should I expect the prices to be for different sections at the US shows?

2. Being that I'm not a member of the fan club, what are the best seats that I should expect to get during the general sale?

Thanks!

Unfortunately I believe the BOS songs stay the same as well. I'd love to jettison TRATB and eternity myself. But fat chance of that. My opinion is sol is a way better opener ( album and set list) than the sloth of a song that is IESF.
a DOD/great unknown combo in place of TRATB would be excellent as well. WY should not be replaced, especially by an early/dianno song....someone mentioned BTATS.?? I'd love to have this show up BIG TIME!!

El Dorado makes so much sense given the stage show, themes, etc. Which means there is absolutely no chance it makes it into the set. I wouldn't expect many drastic changes, perhaps The Wicker Man as it was on the "Chinese setlist."

Yah it was better live (eternity). And the theatrics were very cool. I guess I have more of an issue with red and black. But getting that out of the set list will be like telling a coach to bench his kid in the championship game. Too bad.

Maiden is coming within 4 hours of me (either Nashville or St Louis) and it looks like I may be able to make it this time.

Couple questions:

1. What should I expect the prices to be for different sections at the US shows?

2. Being that I'm not a member of the fan club, what are the best seats that I should expect to get during the general sale?

Thanks!
The 2013 Nashville show I got 2 tickets for $150 (I think tickets were around $50 a piece but fees made it $150) In Section 107 by the stage. Section 108 may be more optimal on the side so you don’t get blocked by any stage props. I was next to the aisle toward 108 so I was good.

someone mentioned BTATS.?? I'd love to have this show up BIG TIME!!
That was me hoping for something equally good in the event that Powerslave gets dropped (which, as Tyek pointed out, seems unlikely) . . . but dropping TRATB for BTATS and something else off BOS, like When the River Runs Deep or The Great Unknown, would be a good move.

Or, if Steve can't bear to lose 'his' slot in the set, it could be dropped for something like WTWWB instead

Back