The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

The band nailed it in Vegas, and it actually sounded better than the studio. IMO the problem isn't how the band performs it live, it's the fact that it is being played at all.

Eh, Bruce flubbed some lines and definitely wasn't hitting all the notes in Vegas.

TBH I would take Sign Of The Cross over TRATB every day.

I totally agree. It would fit very well and would be nice to hear a 90's tune.

When The Wild Wind Blows would be a good replacement for it.

I'd love to hear that. I want to experience Wild Wind live!

I'm confused. In the poll on the thread started for The Red And The Black, most people on here rated it at least an 8. Yet, I've seen many people on this thread saying they don't want it in the set.

It's an ok song on the record, but too long. Live, it's simply overlong and not as enjoyable as another song (or songs) could be.

Fan Club magazine 105 arrived today. I'm keeping content in spoiler tags for those who haven't got the mag yet.

There's an interview with Adrian (done a few months ago, by the sounds of things) in which he says there are 'maybe one or two' other TBOS songs they'd like to try live, but at that time they hadn't really talked about it yet. But he said he could safely say that they wouldn't play Empire. He repeated Steve's earlier suggestion of maybe one change or two changes to the setlist.

I was thinking The Great Unknown might replace something, since IIRC in 2015 Adrian commented on it potentially getting played live (I wanna say it was something like "dreading it a bit" because of the weird tuning on the acoustic guitar). It'd be a pretty strange and un-Maiden move to bring in a new song from the album on the second year of touring behind it, but we live in strange times!

Last edited:
It'd be pretty strange and un-Maiden move to bring in a new song from the album on the second year of touring behind it, but we live in strange times!
Considering the fact that the The Fallen Angel and Out of the Silent Planet were inserted into the set at the end of the Brave New World tour (not on Rock In Rio though) it can happen.

The Great Unknown would be a perfect replacement for Children of the Damned. The weird tuning he's talking about could easily be played on his double neck guitar, which if I'm correct he used on Children before.I doubt that Man of Sorrows gets played, same with WTRRD. Shadows is probably the other song Adrian is talking about.

The Great Unknown or WTRRD would be cool (I mean, really any of the other BOS songs would be cool to see live), but if I had to pick I'd rather hear Man of Sorrows or Shadows of the Valley. I think they're better songs than the former selection.

Shadows of the valley would be tremendous live and the crowd participation aspect may be something the lads are interested in. Ok new Prediction :
Shadows of the valley and 2 minutes to midnight in, red/black out.?

Shadows of the valley would be tremendous live and the crowd participation aspect may be something the lads are interested in. Ok new Prediction :
Shadows of the valley and 2 minutes to midnight in, red/black out.?

I'd take that.

Only a week to go until all is revealed.

My official prediction: We shall see how I do in a week

1. If Eternity Should Fail
2. Speed of Light
3. The Great Unknown
4. Wrathchild
5. The Red and the Black
6. The Trooper
7. Powerslave
8. Death or Glory
9. The Book of Souls
10. Hallowed Be Thy Name
11. The Evil That Men Do
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
--
14. Number of the Beast
15. Brave New World
16. Wasted Years

I was going to say I'm still holding on to my previous prediction of CotD & ToAC out, replaced with Revelations and either Coming Home or BNW or something similar, but the latest news seems to possibly contradict that theory. So instead I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say The Great Unknown will be played. Totally just because I wanna hear how it works live.

Fan Club magazine 105 arrived today. I'm keeping content in spoiler tags for those who haven't got the mag yet.

There's an interview with Adrian (done a few months ago, by the sounds of things) in which he says there are 'maybe one or two' other TBOS songs they'd like to try live, but at that time they hadn't really talked about it yet. But he said he could safely say that they wouldn't play Empire. He repeated Steve's earlier suggestion of maybe one change or two changes to the setlist.
Thanks for sharing that, I haven't gotten my mag in the states yet! Very interesting- that would be a career first for them as far as I know. No new album songs not played on very first tour after the album release have ever been debuted on a subsequent legs or tours... maybe I'll try going spoiler-free again this year, just to heighten my suspense!

Although I really hope TRATB stays- I absolutely love that song live, especially the soaring leads in the middle.

Thanks for sharing that, I haven't gotten my mag in the states yet! Very interesting- that would be a career first for them as far as I know. No new album songs not played on very first tour after the album release have ever been debuted on a subsequent legs or tours... maybe I'll try going spoiler-free again this year, just to heighten my suspense!

Although I really hope TRATB stays- I absolutely love that song live, especially the soaring leads in the middle.
YAY! Another supporter of TRATB!

Back