The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Apart from saying 'beast'
Good find Lego, though unfortunately after some digging I think it's a coincidence and doesn't have anything to do with Iron Maiden.

Apparently they posted a picture of... something (looks like a mummy)... back on December 7, and one of the top comments was "Iron Maiden?" to which ROCK USA actually replied, "Love the guess, but it is not affiliated with Iron Maiden."

EDIT: Just checked your picture posted today, Lego, and it looks like Rock USA replied the same thing in regards to several of the top comments mentioning Iron Maiden just a few minutes ago...

"This is unrelated to Iron Maiden, but it will be a great lineup!"

Boo.
It worked. They got people reading.

Just confirmed the setlist for the this year:
(Posted here because of spoilers)

If Wrathchild Should Fail
Speed Of Wratchild
Wrathchildren Of The Damned
Tears Of a Wrathchild
The Wrath and the Child
The Wrathchild
Wrathchilds'slave
Death or Wratchild
The Book Of Wrathchildren
Hallowed Be Thy Wrathchild
Fear Of The Wrathchild
Iron Wrathchild
-----------------------------------
The Number Of The Wrathchild
Wrath Brothers
Wasted Wrathchild

Yes. I am bored.

Last edited:
Throw out the long boring "the wrath and the child" and replace it with another new song like the great wrathchild and..say..a classic like .....wrathchild.

Throw out the long boring "the wrath and the child" and replace it with another new song like the great wrathchild and..say..a classic like .....wrathchild.
I would much rather see The Wrath and the Child being replaced by Infinite Wrath from Seventh Wrath Of The Seventh Child and another newer song like Wrathmaker, but I know it's not going to happen.

Last edited:
They should play Prodigal Wrathchild. I wonder how davey would handle those back-to-back solos live.

We've evidently hit silly season again, when there's nothing new to discuss. Which means it's time for another Maiden announcement of some description.

Been done. Save your outbursts for when they unveil a Wrathchild-packed setlist. Maybe they'll play it Scotland only.

We've evidently hit silly season again, when there's nothing new to discuss. Which means it's time for another Maiden announcement of some description.
It is painfully quiet in the Maiden camp indeed. Apart from a few FB/Instagram videos from Griffin and Justin and a pic of H in LA there is nothing. Even Dave didn't play with Alice Cooper this year. Next week is the NAMM show. Does anybody know if Nicko is comming?

I didn't catch any shows in 2016 and I've only got time for Glasgow this time which will be my daughter's first Maiden show. I wouldn't complain about a repeat of last year's setlist because I'm just happy still seeing Maiden live after over 30 years of gigs. However there are a few songs I'd love to see included and it isn't too difficult deciding which ones I'd leave out.

Speed Of Light is BOS answer to Different World and pretty dull.
Every version of Children Of The Damned I heard in 2016 sadly sounded really dull and flat.
Tears Of A Clown is my least favourite on BOS.
Throw in Phantom Of The Opera and The Clansman (I can dream as a Scotsman) too for extras. The Wicker Man could replace Wasted Years which generally sounds a bit ramshackle now although it maybe doesn't feel like a natural set closer?

1. If Eternity Should Fail

2. Ghost Of The Navigator for Speed Of Light
3. Wrathchild for Children Of The Damned
4. Still Life for Tears Of A Clown
5. Phantom Of The Opera*
6. The Red And The Black or Shadows Of The Valley
7. The Trooper
8. Powerslave
9. Death Or Glory
10. The Book Of Souls
11. Hallowed Be Thy Name
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden

14. The Clansman*
15. The Number Of The Beast
16. Blood Brothers
17. Wasted Years or Wicker Man

Have you heard Wrathchild from RAR 2014? That is what I call dull.

I'm not going to disagree with that statement but COTD if it is going to be performed needs to been done to perfection and I didn't hear that in 2016. Wrathchild injects a bit more pace and frenzy into the setlist early and isn't as taxing on Bruce's vocals. Maybe Revelations or 2 Minutes could do the job?

Back