The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

It's particularly where he comes out of the bend and the few notes that follow. Although listening again, he'd carry it off better if it didn't sound so at odds with the next bit at the very end of the solo.

Yeah, that part following the bend was the first thing that jumped out at me, too. If it's what he meant to do, it's certainly more chromatic than your average Murray run.

Yeah, that part following the bend was the first thing that jumped out at me, too. If it's what he meant to do, it's certainly more chromatic than your average Murray run.

You guys got me interested, will have to check this out. But in general, he's been playing around with his FOTD solo a lot for this tour. AS with The Trooper (some nights it sounds totally awesome and just immense, other nights not so much). I don't like what he's doing to his 666 solo. The solos has lost its momentum and the great flow it used to have.

Another thing, why does Bruce have to talk and shout during Dave's Powerslave (first) and The Trooper-solos? To me, when someone plays a solo, the focus should always be there. Not on the singer, or someone else jumping around or whatever. so please, Bruce, stop talking during Dave's solos. I mean, is it REALLY necessary?

Hah. Yes, Bruce talking over instrumental parts and solos has been discussed before. In the context of a full show, I can see why he does it, it's to keep the crowd going and give the feeling of the crowd being thoroughly entertained for two hours. It is frustrating for those of us who'd like to hear guitar parts, though. When they did Seventh Son at Knebworth a couple of years ago, people were switching off, wandering off and going back to chatting amongst themselves during the long instrumental section, turning their back on the stage. I assume they're aware that not everybody is enamoured with guitar solos.

Good point, everyone is not as into guitar solos as we are, I guess. So yes, I can see the point of it in the context of the full show (although I wish he could have stuck with other parts of the songs and not exactly at the point someone's soloing). Especially on Powerslave, as that is just THE solo and such a big solo for Dave.

The same when watching bootleg footage, how annoying isn't that, when the person filming has his camera at for instance Bruce running around when Adrian or Dave or whoever is playing a solo. FOr me, the focus must always be on the soloist. But then again, you do have a point, not everybody is as (enormously) occupied with guitar solos as (for instance) me.

Well, I guess those Riot Fest rumors were, as was to be expected, complete bunk.
Still interesting, though, that Bruce mentioned they'd be back soon in both Chicago and Denver.
Anticipation abounds.

Well, I guess those Riot Fest rumors were, as was to be expected, complete bunk.
Still interesting, though, that Bruce mentioned they'd be back soon in both Chicago and Denver.
Anticipation abounds.

I would just assume he was talking about next year. I'm sure there will be a Book of Souls second leg or perhaps a Book of Souls/Legacy of the Beast tour, in which they may do a bigger variety of US cities.

Here I sit hoping the US gets some decent Final Frontier material.

Just strong, or... concrete strong?
What I wanted to know is it all just Bruce talk or are the rumours coming from different sources like before. But from your answer it seems like something is happening. If it's true we'll probably get some official anouncement in September, earliest.

Oh, I absolutely believe there's a tour next year, taking in the UK, and some US dates, but I don't know exactly where or when. Bruce did said something at a couple of the most recent US shows about playing in the US soon or next year.

Does this mean some new concrete rumours surfaced?
Spam, are you noting Brigs' use of the term "chapter"?
Next year, almost certainly, another chapter of The Book of Souls.
Where is she getting that from? What does she know that we don't know? :D
What I wanted to know is it all just Bruce talk or are the rumours coming from different sources like before.
They're coming from Cried. There will be a UK tour early next year. Concrete, like.

I just hope that if that is true we get the same set list, and not one watered down with older material (for a Legacy of the Beast), considering how great this current tour seems to be and the likelihood of some songs never being played again on future tours. If the latter turns out to be the case, the UK fans will have been let down once again.

Back