The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Will know in the next couple of days where I'm going to see Maiden this year. Pretty much 90% Split, 10% Trieste. Looks like I'll be able to stay with some family in Split, so I'll probably get there a day or so before the show and leave a day or so after, which will allow me to explore the city a bit :D Only trouble is that the Fan Pit tickets are sold out :(

I can't believe its been nearly a month since I saw Maiden in Shanghai but it feels like it was just yesterday. I would've posted this in a General Chat thread but I want to be respectful of those who don't want to see any spoilers. I wonder if anyone else here went to the Shanghai show and watched Spielberg's "Empire of the Sun" film before or after seeing the show? Not to spoil the film but much of it takes place in Shanghai. Its amazing to see what the city was like then and see it now. When I watched it again last Thursday, I had those exciting "Oh My God, I was there" moments. It was actually my fourth time in Shanghai but nothing compares to seeing one of my very favorite bands in such a great city!

Nice video. It's shot in a different way than some other videos from the tour. Some time ago I wrote that I would like the next DVD to look more cinematic, and that's more or less what I meant. Maybe they are already collecting proper footage. Or maybe someone backstage simply has a nice camera to play around with... ;)

I'm curious if it's possible that they've already filmed a show for a video release (or a couple of shows for a Flight 666 thing) without us knowing about it. Filming for En Vivo was publicly announced beforehand so I expect a similar move.

They've certainly been giving us a lot of different films both songs and behind the scene stuff already. So they're documenting pretty much all of it, it seems....Could turn out to be some Flight 666 type of deal.

Possibly, yes. Maybe they're also recording everything they can while they get the chance, too. They seem to be facing up to the fact of late that they won't be around forever.

It would make sense though to do it that way, with all of the attention they've been having in the media with the new Boeing 747...They'd want to document that part of the tour too...

I loved that video. It does look as though they're having a whale of a time on this tour, and are enjoying every second of it. This is definitely the third re-birth of the band.

And now we know the reason behind Adrian's guitar playing capabilites. :lol:

Wacken streams alot of shows, so pretty sure that one will be streamed. Unless Maiden have booked their camera crew for recording the show

Back