The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

I heard they wanted to close with HCW in the original set. But the roadies and production manager didn't like the idea of fitting 25 fans on stage during the last song. So they replaced it with Wasted Years.

I heard they wanted to close with HCW in the original set. But the roadies and production manager didn't like the idea of fitting 25 fans on stage during the last song. So they replaced it with Wasted Years.
Surely they could play the song without having fans onstage.

So Bruce again blasts a fan for texting...

This was so funny... I was perhaps 5 or 6 people to the right of this guy on the barrier, it looked like he was updating his Facebook status at this point in the show.

If you're LITERALLY front and center in a sold-out venue full of 14k people, STAY OFF YOUR DAMN PHONE :D

They could have crew and family members onstage.
Ok, now I understand better ;) . But still, I think this passage is about sharing with the fans. Even unintentionally, it would give off a vibe like "look! We have backstage passes and you don't".

I think that one song full of gratuitous crowd-pleasing "whooooah"s in the setlist is more than enough.
The good thing about HCW is precisely that the "oh oh"s are kept short and to the point (unlike the end of "The Wicker Man" for example, and countless others in recent years).

Yeah, I still kick myself today for not getting one of those St. Valentine's Day Massacre gangster Eddie Chicago shirts from 2008... was surprised that they decided to bring gangster Eddie back for the 2016 shirt. Doesn't make up for that awesome 2008 shirt, but it's kind of close.

So Bruce again blasts a fan for texting...

Haha, he sure did, but at least it was a lot more light-hearted than the guy who got ripped for it in 2012 Indianapolis.

The good thing about HCW is precisely that the "oh oh"s are kept short and to the point (unlike the end of "The Wicker Man" for example, and countless others in recent years).

If you have a problem with Wicker Man, you have a problem with me -_-

Wasted Years surprised me, i never thought it would work as a closer. But, after i saw it, i think HCW would work too. Both would pass that beautiful message of "We are not done here, my friends". But i still prefer Wasted Years

I think Bruce was more dumbfounded then blasting the fan. His voice gets really high like he is actually stunned. Not only did the fan pay a lot for the seats. But he had to get there damn early to get where he was at. I'm not sure at one I can post on here and not. But, there is a REALLY good recording of this show floating around. One of the better audience recordings I've heard in a while from any band.

After seeing the NY and Vegas T-shirts, I was actually disappointed in the Chicago one. I think it is a bit bland. Still bought one though for the same reason I bought the Event show at a Stones concert last year......didn't want to kick myself the next day.

Back