The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

By the way, if there's one thing I don't like about Bruce's vocals is all that weird echo... I think they are overusing it. I mean, it's ok to use in certain situations, but they are using it ALL THE TIME. Come on...

By the way, if there's one thing I don't like about Bruce's vocals is all that weird echo... I think they are overusing it. I mean, it's ok to use in certain situations, but they are using it ALL THE TIME. Come on...
Yes, especially on the first part of Hallowed.

Raven Age was pretty damn bad. The second to last song was decent, the last song had a few decent elements. But neither were anything special and everything before then was crappy to kinda crappy. I doubt I will be able to see Maiden again this year, but if I did (and had reserved seats), no way I would watch them again.

Add to that the lead singer really could not look like more of a total douche if he tried ... a combination of his stage mannerisms and general looks. Bleh!

They were just so generically bad. There wasn't a single thing interesting about the music and yeah, the singer was douche-a-riffic.

Guys who were there last night; seemed to me to be the most restrained I've ever seen Janick perform...did you notice that too?

Considering he spent about 2 minutes whipping his cord back and forth like he was skipping rope then stood on top of his guitar before grinding another guitar over his battered one...I'd say he was definitely not restrained. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The show last night was simply astounding. From the stage show to the performance, it was magical.

I cannot stress enough how impressive Bruce was last night. His singing was incredible, his energy endless, and his mood was jovial throughout the night. Hearing Bruce sound that good so soon after radiation treatment is remarkable. He definitely changed some vocals in certain parts, but it was never a letdown and always interesting (particularly the bluesy runs he added to some lines).

Adrian, Dave, and Steve were absolutely flawless. Janick was going insane on his side of the stage, including a couple moments where he simply stopped playing to sort something out soundwise or just perform general Janick dances. Nicko definitely messed up the timing on the whole intro of Death or Glory, to which Bruce responded by bashing his cymbal with the base of the mic stand. Hilarious.

I loved the setlist and welcomed the new stuff. Highlights for me were If Eternity Should Fail, Children of the Damned, Death or Glory (jumped to a 10/10 just based on the live energy), Hallowed, and Blood Brothers, which was incredibly powerful and delivered with so much damn heart and enthusiasm.

Vegas was absolutely the best of the 3 Maiden gigs I've seen. Here's hoping Chicago can top it!

The show last night was simply astounding. From the stage show to the performance, it was magical.

I cannot stress enough how impressive Bruce was last night. His singing was incredible, his energy endless, and his mood was jovial throughout the night. Hearing Bruce sound that good so soon after radiation treatment is remarkable. He definitely changed some vocals in certain parts, but it was never a letdown and always interesting (particularly the bluesy runs he added to some lines).

Adrian, Dave, and Steve were absolutely flawless. Janick was going insane on his side of the stage, including a couple moments where he simply stopped playing to sort something out soundwise or just perform general Janick dances. Nicko definitely messed up the timing on the whole intro of Death or Glory, to which Bruce responded by bashing his cymbal with the base of the mic stand. Hilarious.

I loved the setlist and welcomed the new stuff. Highlights for me were If Eternity Should Fail, Children of the Damned, Death or Glory (jumped to a 10/10 just based on the live energy), Hallowed, and Blood Brothers, which was incredibly powerful and delivered with so much damn heart and enthusiasm.

Vegas was absolutely the best of the 3 Maiden gigs I've seen. Here's hoping Chicago can top it!

How was his singing on TBOS? I've read a couple of comments now that his singing was much better on that song that it was in Florida the other night.

From the Florida show videos I've seen, I thought he was using a more effects than usual. It could be to compensate for continuing issues with his voice.

Another thing for guitar nerds. Adrian's production ebony Jackson has some kind of Seymour Duncan bridge pickup, while the 2008 prototype still has a DiMarzio Super Distortion.

Did you happen to see the two people right below me getting it on during Blood Brothers?

How was his singing on TBOS? I've read a couple of comments now that his singing was much better on that song that it was in Florida the other night.

From the Florida show videos I've seen, I thought he was using a more effects than usual. It could be to compensate for continuing issues with his voice.

I thought he nailed Book of Souls. It was one of the better songs in the show for me. Add to that his Eddie interaction was so fucking cool.

I did not see the Florida video, but he sounded great in Vegas
Maybe it took a few shows for him to get in his comfort zone on the new songs

His singing was fantastic. Honestly, I think he sounded a lot more strained on The Red and The Black (which overall was the only song I was slightly disappointed with the whole night). Book of Souls was another true highlight, I hope they keep it around for awhile!

Did you happen to see the two people right below me getting it on during Blood Brothers?

I definitely did not! You got two shows for the price of one!

Great to hear. I couldn't tell if Bruce was cautious of high, long, notes in the opening show, or if he was genuinely having problems. Perhaps he was just testing and now he's really going for it.

It's getting so tough reading all the great times being had! AHHHH! :D This tour NEEDS to fucking come to fucking Minnesota next fucking year!

Also, when is the first chance we'll get an official live stream? Surely one of those festivals will have one.

Has anybody noticed yet that Nicko plays the whole Wasted Years without touching the ride cymbal?

And the portraits of the members of the band on the two towers in the back of the stage?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wake up American maidenfans...I keep checking this site for updates and need more info, insight, reviews from you of this week's shows! How dare you sleep when we are all thirsty to hear of your experiences!!!

Did all guitarists stay true to their guitar solos on TBOS or did they improvise? Best new solos live? What songs did Adrian sing backing vocals to? Is Janick given a solo on either Children of the Damned or Powerslave? Do they sell bandanas at the merch stalls?

Please please please share, come on!! I'm going mad! Aaaaaarrrrghhhh!!

I'm thinking right now...we have 3 brazilians on this thread (myself, from Belo Horizonte and, as far as i could read, Naty from Fortaleza and Shavasku from São Paulo), one user from Ecuador and one from Mexico (i forgot the nick, but the one with Dave's pic), but no one from Argentina or Chile! That's surprising hahahah

That's me xD seeing them this thursday, SO HYPED.

And I hope they actually shoot some footage around here, after all, the album is mayan-themed...

Wake up American maidenfans...I keep checking this site for updates and need more info, insight, reviews from you of this week's shows! How dare you sleep when we are all thirsty to hear of your experiences!!!

Did all guitarists stay true to their guitar solos on TBOS or did they improvise? Best new solos live? What songs did Adrian sing backing vocals to? Is Janick given a solo on either Children of the Damned or Powerslave? Do they sell bandanas at the merch stalls?

I am european but awake :D.

All guitarists are staying more true to their solos than on ME tour, especially H, even on Wasted Years. On TBOS solos they did change a few things, but they are still pretty much in context. Best new solo live? Gotta be H's solo on Death Or Glory, because he uses slide and it's something new. Janick isn't given any solos that he didn't record apart from Trooper and Hallowed.

They stayed pretty true. Tears of a Clown solos were pretty much note for note. The Book of Souls has the best solos. Only heard Adrian during Wasted Years.
I don't think so, I was Adrian and Daves side of the stage and heard mostly their guitars. No

Back