The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

I'm thinking right now...we have 3 brazilians on this thread (myself, from Belo Horizonte and, as far as i could read, Naty from Fortaleza and Shavasku from São Paulo), one user from Ecuador and one from Mexico (i forgot the nick, but the one with Dave's pic), but no one from Argentina or Chile! That's surprising hahahah

Hey man, I'm actually from Florianópolis! Going to São Paulo because it's the closest city they will play from here, haha!

Can't wait to see some footage from the South American leg, crowd always know how to make a Gig special

Hey man, I'm actually from Florianópolis! Going to São Paulo because it's the closest city they will play from here, haha!

Oh, it would make your life easier if they played in Curitiba again, i guess hahaha

Actually, i'm already planning a trip to São Paulo, to see Sabbath there in December. But they'll play in Curitiba too, so we'll probably not meet there

Raven Age was pretty damn bad. The second to last song was decent, the last song had a few decent elements. But neither were anything special and everything before then was crappy to kinda crappy. I doubt I will be able to see Maiden again this year, but if I did (and had reserved seats), no way I would watch them again.

Add to that the lead singer really could not look like more of a total douche if he tried ... a combination of his stage mannerisms and general looks. Bleh!

Raven Age was pretty damn bad. The second to last song was decent, the last song had a few decent elements. But neither were anything special and everything before then was crappy to kinda crappy. I doubt I will be able to see Maiden again this year, but if I did (and had reserved seats), no way I would watch them again.

Add to that the lead singer really could not look like more of a total douche if he tried ... a combination of his stage mannerisms and general looks. Bleh!

Thankfully, Anthrax will be the main opener here

Oh, it would make your life easier if they played in Curitiba again, i guess hahaha

Actually, i'm already planning a trip to São Paulo, to see Sabbath there in December. But they'll play in Curitiba too, so we'll probably not meet there

Yeah, they usually go to Curitiba and that makes my life easier. I've been there on TFF world tour and ME. But hey, it's Maiden. If they played Fortaleza only, I'd have saved some cash and would still go, haha.

And yes, if Sabbath plays Curitiba, I will probably go.

I may be weird in thinking this - but I find the album tours more fun than the hits tours. I just love hearing them do new stuff.
Nothing weird here. That's precisely why Iron Maiden remains credible after all these years. :)

EDIT I think that, apart from the EP Maiden Japan, the band hasn't recorded anything official in Asia, it might be time. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
To me, The Raven Age just aren't a good band to support Maiden. In a tiny club venue supporting British Lion, they're okay, even if their music is at odds with the tastes of the average crowd there, too. I can't see them carrying off the act standing in front of a big venue packed with fired-up Maiden fans. It just doesn't work.

About to watch Ed force one take off!

Edit: nvm they were only moving it.
Here's the best view I got

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    879.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by a moderator:
Davey's playing that Les Paul a lot during the show.

Guys who were there last night; seemed to me to be the most restrained I've ever seen Janick perform...did you notice that too?

And yes I agree...The Raven Age are pretty much shite.

New dvd please!! Here in mexico, they have two dates si they can pick the best performance and for the kind of show they are bringing, this will look like death on The road or better, they can record The extras in Teotihuacán , they love this culture as it seems.

seemed to me to be the most restrained I've ever seen Janick perform...did you notice that too?

Perhaps, but this time they gave him some real playing to do, so he was more focused. On "Iron Maiden" and "Wasted Years," when they may as well have turned his amp off, he abused his guitar like the Janick of old.

A further reminder re spoilers:
Any details of the setlist, stage set, or performance must be inside spoiler tags if posted in any other thread. This includes pictures showing the stage set. No spoilers at all, even with tags, should be posted in the No Spoilers Allowed Tour Thread.

Back