The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

I just saw the opening video, and it gave me conflituous feelings:
One of regret, because i'll not be surprised at the show, and another of OMG THAT'S SO F**KING AWESOME. This gotta be their best opening ever.

I'll not see other videos, though. Only the opening.

About the set: it's the best that we can get. They play Powerslave and there are people complaining. P-O-W-E-R-S-L-A-V-E. Throw the first rock the one that didn't thought that the SBiT Tour would be their last playing it (before the Farewell Tour, for sure). I would love to see Wicker Man, but jeez, this is an amazing setlist. Let's just hope that they don't drop Powerslave before their Latin American leg.

Yes, i'll scream like a Justin Bieber fan when Bruce shows up saying "Here's the soul of a maaaan"

I fully expected that, too. But no, I like it, Bruce up there in the spotlight, great atmosphere.

I was thinking now...at their Album Tours, their longest "revival" were Can I Play With Madness. 1993-2004. 11 years. After that, Blood Brothers, if i'm correct. 2002-2010, that's 8 years.
Powerslave and Children of the Damned were played last in 2009. That's 7 years. Pretty coherent.

They could've finished the show with Wicker Man or Hallowed, but that would turn things a lot harder to Bruce. It's very poetic to end this concerts, considering what the band've passed the last year, with Wasted Years

Powerslave and COTD was great and Adrian basically played Wasted at normal speed this time which was awesome....

hearing TBOS songs live makes me love the album so much more

I reckon we could see Book of Souls and Tears of a Clown switching places like they did with the Talisman back in 2011, Bruce always seems to be on best form about 4 or 5 songs in to the set, and Tears of a Clown would give him a relatively restful song before Hallowed.

Big changes in guitar dept.
Adrian is playing only signature guitars now. His Jacksons and Slash's AFD Rosso Corsa Les Paul.:p
Janick is playing his usual Fenders and the sunburst Sandberg, but has added a Black 3-pickup Les Paul custom for drop-d.
Dave doesn't play his sig. strat. His main guitar is the 70's reissue strat from New Year's eve videos with Alice Cooper. The pickups are now all white not zebra. He also plays Les Paul Axcess with Duncans.
It was so cool to see Jan playing that Black Beauty!

Did anyone else notice H had a piece of gaffers tape covering the Slash logo on his Les Paul headstock? :p

Which songs? I think he struggled with Red and the Black, and a bit on The Book of Souls. Hallowed sounded better than I expected.
I wasn't offering criticism of Bruce, but of the varied opinions in this thread.

I'll be at the Vegas show this weekend and at the LA show in April. Couldn't help checking out a couple of YouTube clips from last night's opening show of "Eternity" and "TBOS." My quick impressions: the band still sounds ferocious, at the top of their game. Live mix sounded crystal clear...but I have to agree with the previous member who reported that Bruce struggled through much of the title track. Could have been due to any number of issues; it's opening night, he might have been suffering from a cold...he has traveled a lot recently. His voice sounded strong & clear but seemed on that song to lack upper range, sustain & dynamics. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, though; it's a joy to see them onstage again and I cannot wait til Sunday. Bruce has been through a lot and is still a helluva singer & frontman.

As they listen back to the board tapes after shows, I'm sure they'll make adjustments where necessary. After getting the first couple of full shows under their belts I expect Vegas to be an awesome experience.

I'll be at the Vegas show this weekend and at the LA show in April. Couldn't help checking out a couple of YouTube clips from last night's opening show of "Eternity" and "TBOS." My quick impressions: the band still sounds ferocious, at the top of their game. Live mix sounded crystal clear...but I have to agree with the previous member who reported that Bruce struggled through much of the title track. Could have been due to any number of issues; it's opening night, he might have been suffering from a cold...he has traveled a lot recently. His voice sounded strong & clear but seemed on that song to lack upper range, sustain & dynamics. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, though; it's a joy to see them onstage again and I cannot wait til Sunday. Bruce has been through a lot and is still a helluva singer & frontman.

As they listen back to the board tapes after shows, I'm sure they'll make adjustments where necessary. After getting the first couple of full shows under their belts I expect Vegas to be an awesome experience.

On the other hand, he sounds really great on Poweslave and Hallowed. I am not worried.

This thread: Bruce sounds great! But Bruce sounds like shit on at least three songs!

I saw only If Eternity Should Fail, but weren't we expecting a way worse Bruce? He had issues with The Talisman in 2011 as well, so his "mojo" remains the same from the last 5 years.

Again, i'll hear the other songs only om March 19 now, but, considering this thread, Bruce weren't affected by his disease. He's just 5 years older than the TFF Tour

On all tours, there are always some songs where Bruce struggles a bit. But, overall he sounded amazing, especially when you consider his age and what he's been through. I'm really impressed...

But... wasn't the show too short? I think it was less than 2 hours...

Could have been due to any number of issues; it's opening night, he might have been suffering from a cold...he has traveled a lot recently.

You forgot the most important one - Bruce hasn't sang a live performance for a long time because he just healed from a golf ball-sized tumor he had surgically removed from his throat.

He sounded mostly good, judging from the clips on Youtube. Most singers (including Bruce) get better the longer a tour goes on, anyway. It takes a while for those singing muscles to return to form, and touring is by far the best workout for them.

Back