The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Some photos: http://loudwire.com/iron-maiden-kick-off-book-of-souls-tour-florida Please, share more if you find any HQ stuff! I want some cool shot of the IESF intro for wallpaper... ;)

JHL5381.jpg

Actually it's both of those things....Ed Force one crashing into the jungle THEN being retrieved by a giant Eddie hand and sent flying straight into the arena/stadium ;)

ok, just woke up, as I got back home at 1:00 in the night and work starts at 3:00 PM.

the setlist was somewhat predictable but it definitely could've been worse. the band sounded pretty damn good on TBoS songs with the expected mistakes being it was rusty and the songs were new.

I totally dislike how the band mails songs like Trooper, TNofB, FotD or HBTN in. they play them faster and each of the members has changed a ton of parts. whoever came up with the idea of a twin solo for H's Trooper part needs to go away, and Janick's solo on HBTN was an epic fuck-up. imo, The Red and the Black doesn't make sense to be part of the setlist...

Bruce sounded very good, but TBoS is a crazy song to sing live. he's going to struggle with that one by the end of the tour.

Nicko was tight and I loved the sound of the drums. they sound a lot like back in the Death on the Road tour.

high points for me were: Tears of a Clown, I love that song, mostly because it doesn't really sound like IM and the drumming on it is top notch. hope they keep it and it is the next single. Powerslave was monumental, the band sounded great on that one. Children of the Damned obviously was another high point, especially because I don't think I saw that one live in person.

playing WY as the closer should have been done in forever. makes all the sense in the world.

the band wouldn't want to come out of its comfort zone anyway, and whoever thinks they will ever play a song they haven't done in a long time or a song they haven't done at all, doesn't understand how IM works...

Were there any additional posters? In tours past, those were sold in a different area than the merch stands.

Back