The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Amazing show, now i don't care if they change songs, powerslave was a great surprise and they knew it, so that song has a secure slot on the set

103min of music. Almost 2h, when you consider the breaks.
It's 15 songs only, but, in the amount of time, it's the same concert.

I'm so damn anxious to see that opening to IESF live, almost at the barrier...i'll be as hysterical as a Justin Bieber fan

Can be all kinds of reasons, like thinking it doesn't work live, or doesn't fit into the set - like the way they wouldn't play a list entirely of the longest songs, will avoid putting too many slower ones in, but will also avoid making the whole thing too fast and frantic, putting too much of a strain on Nicko, Bruce, or indeed any other member of the band. Since Montsegur (a favourite of mine, too) didn't make it onto the DoD tour, it never became established as a setlist regular. It would seem strangely out of context to bring it out now.

ince Montsegur (a favourite of mine, too) didn't make it onto the DoD tour, it never became established as a setlist regular. It would seem strangely out of context to bring it out now.

For those two songs in particular it's this last point most likely. Since they never made the cut as live songs in the first place they are probably never really up for consideration when Maiden picks sets.

Can be all kinds of reasons, like thinking it doesn't work live, or doesn't fit into the set - like the way they wouldn't play a list entirely of the longest songs, will avoid putting too many slower ones in, but will also avoid making the whole thing too fast and frantic, putting too much of a strain on Nicko, Bruce, or indeed any other member of the band. Since Montsegur (a favourite of mine, too) didn't make it onto the DoD tour, it never became established as a setlist regular. It would seem strangely out of context to bring it out now.

Exactly. Maiden will never play a inedited song on an album tour. Maybe if they do a 00's tour only and that's a slight chance (both that they'll be able to do that tour and that they'll play inedit songs). Alexander is the best example: Every tour people hope for it, every tour the obvious happen and every tour people complain.

To me, the set on this tour is awesome. Good choices to the TBoS picks (i would trade Death or Glory for SotV or WtRRD, but that's just a personal preference), a curious finisher in Wasted Years and 2 awesome gems to replace 2MTM and RttH. Maybe, and only maybe, there was space to put one more song from the post-reunion era, but who knows...maybe they are planning to focus there on the 2nd leg. Or maybe they are not planning to do that at all, considering the TFF Tour

Two setlist observations -

1. This is the most balanced album tour setlist I've seen from them since maybe Brave New World. A great mix of all (except Empire) of my favorite new songs as well as a few old surprises. First album tour to see Powerslave since, well, Powerslave. Awesome choice!!

2. When was the last tour we heard nothing from Seventh Son? Early days? Seems surprising - they must have gotten tired of playing those songs for the last 2+ years.

For sure! Really impressed with the encore.Number of the Beast, Blood Brothers and Wasted Years. Very atypical encore but I'm sure just as elevating as Running Free, Run To The Hills or Sanctuary etc would have been!

View from the barrier of some songs. I only recorded good bits as I wanted to enjoy being up there for the most part...

If Eternity Should Fail

Powerslave

Children of the Damned

Davie playing the Blood Brothers riff as close to me as he could get

Two setlist observations -

1. This is the most balanced album tour setlist I've seen from them since maybe Brave New World. A great mix of all (except Empire) of my favorite new songs as well as a few old surprises. First album tour to see Powerslave since, well, Powerslave. Awesome choice!!

2. When was the last tour we heard nothing from Seventh Son? Early days? Seems surprising - they must have gotten tired of playing those songs for the last 2+ years.
No Seventh Son material in 2010.

One other observation. Is this the most extravagant tour since the Brave New World tour, or even earlier? The staging, the stage props, the lighting, the huge Eddie, the massive Baphomet and the numerous uses of pyro. It all just looks so stunning.

The only critique I will have on the setlist is that it's light on post reunion material, but hey, we've got Children of the Dammned, Powerslave and Blood Brothers, so I'm not complaining!

Now my only wish is that I get a good view at Download in June, otherwise there better be at least one arena show in the UK afterwards.

The Red and the Black was the highlight song of the new album to hear and sing live.... Definitely something I see them keeping the whole tour. It is THE EPIC of the album they will play. Tons of fan participation.

To add, it's my favorite tour next to Brave New World.... but I may have enjoyed it more than that tour. I just loved the BNW setlist the most back in 2000. This was an awesome show

Back