The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Big changes in guitar dept.
Adrian is playing only signature guitars now. His Jacksons and Slash's AFD Rosso Corsa Les Paul.:p
Janick is playing his usual Fenders and the sunburst Sandberg, but has added a Black 3-pickup Les Paul custom for drop-d.
Dave doesn't play his sig. strat. His main guitar is the 70's reissue strat from New Year's eve videos with Alice Cooper. The pickups are now all white not zebra. He also plays Les Paul Axcess with Duncans.

Setlist looks awesome, I really hope that it stays that way when they have hit Ullevi as well :)

Iron Maiden put out a post for every song that was performed for this tour on both Facebook and Twitter. The artworks for each song title in each post were pretty damn sweet

Bruce really struggled on The Book Of Souls. I can see them moving this song a few slots earlier, as they did with The Talisman.

Also Janick and Adrian had serious problems with in-ears throughout the show (they are also the only 2 that use them, so could be an error on the system).

Bruce seems to always challenge himself vocally. On the Maiden England tour, both Seventh Son and Aces High seemed to be good examples of that. Yes, I love for Maiden to do songs in which Bruce has super great melodic singing parts, but it kind of sucks to hear them live and not hear him sing them really good. Oh well. A Maiden show is a super amazing experience any way you look at it.

Children played in 07 and 09, Blood Brothers got a good run on tff tour, Powerslave played all through 08/09. Same goes for Wasted Years.

They could have showed more imagination when choosing those 4 songs, was an opportunity to add anything they wanted that hadn't been played for a while.

Bruce seems to always challenge himself vocally. On the Maiden England tour, both Seventh Son and Aces High seemed to be good examples of that. Yes, I love for Maiden to do songs in which Bruce has super great melodic singing parts, but it kind of sucks to hear them live and not hear him sing them really good. Oh well. A Maiden show is a super amazing experience any way you look at it.

But the interesting thing is that on TBOS he struggles a lot, while on Hallowed he sounds good.

And on Blood Brothers he sounded better than on En Vivo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally love the setlist! Not too big on Tears of a Clown but I was sure they'd play it. Really excited to see it live!! I wasn't expecting anything too crazy to be played but I'm glad Powerslave is being given another chance

Setlist looks fantastic to me. Having never been before it made less of a difference what they play but the set so far looks very good indeed.

Called Powerslave but also still fist pumped when I saw it.

Also Bruce stated "We've got a lot songs to pick from, but tonight we chose this one" before Blood Brothers. Could this song slot have a few songs rotating night to night?

Impressive. The setlist has some real gems in it, Powerslave was real surprise. If it stays mostly like this I look forward very much to seeing them in June. I can imagine some slight tweaks in the setlist, particularly the order, but a slot that changes from show to show would make a nice change, if that's what they do. I could be wrong about this, but the encore songs strike me as being gentler on Bruce's voice than other songs they're doing. I do like Wasted Years as the finale, actually, it needed something to pick it back up after Blood Brothers, ideally a well known older song. Fifteen songs isn't to be sniffed at when they have some long, demanding, ones in there like Hallowed, The Red and The Black and TBOS.

As for the set design - pretty much as I imagined, but a big thumbs up for that too.

Hell yeah, I predicted Powerslave and the right TBoS tracks... :bigsmile: Shame that there are basically no BNW-TFF songs, but I'm glad they played 6 new ones. I'd like to see The Trooper and Beast retired, but I guess they have to keep them for casual fans... Oh, and I definitely would like to see something other than Blood Brothers... I still have to find some good photos and videos to say something about the stage and the performance itself.

Back