The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

This thread allows spoilers, including setlist and stage pics. As long as everyone who posts them makes sure they do it in this thread, not the spoiler-free one. Anything whatsoever relating to confirmed setlist or stage set will need spoiler tags and be very clearly marked as containing tour spoilers if they go in any other thread. Ideally, it's all best kept in this thread.

Cool. I just don't want to upset anyone. Glad it's clear for this thread and I guess based on the title, everyone knows and accepts they are in here

When will the new TBOS tour merchandise be available online? After Wednesday's show?

if it's like Maiden England, not until the leg of the tour is over and it's like left over stuff.... I'm getting a bunch of stuff this time. I got the backpack, shirts and cups last tour. Likely getting the same this tour too.... some shirts, backpack and cups and maybe something extra like magnets or whatever but of course, I'm getting them at the gig

From IMFC 100 magazine, an interview with grumpy ol' Nick:

On TOAC: ... I said to 'Arry the other day, "We gotta do Tears Of A Clown", and he said, "Oh I dunno if we're going to do that" and I went, "Mate! Come on, please! It's one of those songs that I just can't get out of my head at the moment".
On Wasted Years: We all used to sit and vote upon our favourite songs, but then you forget one. Somebody will go, "Well what about Wasted Years?""Oh blimey, I Forgot about that one."...

^ that's my view point as well. I'm tired of many of their songs.... I love the song but I've heard it a bit too much live and oddly done different live on separate tours

Barring your first pick, SirRobbins, I wouldn't hold your breath for any of those either. :ninja:

The Pilgrim can be an outsider on this tour, i think. At least if they're planning to play a AMOLAD song on the 2nd leg

And i can't see Maiden retiring without playing Sign of the Cross. If they do a 90s revival (probably vaguely based on the Live at Donington set), both SotC and Be Quick or Be Dead will be played

The Pilgrim can be an outsider on this tour, i think. At least if they're planning to play a AMOLAD song on the 2nd leg

And i can't see Maiden retiring without playing Sign of the Cross. If they do a 90s revival (probably vaguely based on the Live at Donington set), both SotC and Be Quick or Be Dead will be played
Live at Donnington is so bad that it hurts.

On TOAC: ... I said to 'Arry the other day, "We gotta do Tears Of A Clown", and he said, "Oh I dunno if we're going to do that" and I went, "Mate! Come on, please! It's one of those songs that I just can't get out of my head at the moment".

Steve might still have said "Nahh, forget it mate" after that though. I don't see anything in that quote that it's guaranteed in the set :D I hope it is though! Great song.

lets not forget, 2016 is the 30 year anniversary of Somewhere in Time. They are bound to play at least one song from SIT. According to the fanclub, Bruce mentioned playing some songs they have not played in "a while"....... fingers crossed

From IMFC 100 magazine, an interview with grumpy ol' Nick:

On Wasted Years: We all used to sit and vote upon our favourite songs, but then you forget one. Somebody will go, "Well what about Wasted Years?""Oh blimey, I Forgot about that one."...

Well...that confirms a few things:

a) The Chinese Set is probably real, although out of order. I'll not complain of it, i always wanted to see Blood Brothers and Brave New World live;
b) I would replace Tears of a Clown for When the River Runs Deep or even Shadows of the Valley, but, hey, it could've been worse. It could've been Sanctuary;
c) Wasted Years yet again. OK, i'll love to see that, since it's my first concert. But, it's the 3rd execution in the last 4 tours. They're getting comfortable with that song, and i would prefer to see them comfortable with Phantom of the Opera;
d) The "surprise" is Children of the Damned. I'm 100% OK with that, but a lot of people will be disapointed.

One question: which song will end the show? The only song there that have potential to be a "finisher" is Hallowed be Thy Name. a hard to sing song

Back