The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Guys I just got the chills by shutting my eyes and picturing the houselights at the show going out and the taped intro to IESF rolling in...everyone will lose their heads and its going to be fucking epic, cant wait for the show!

Yeah I like that kind of loose fooling about. You reminded of a maiden gig I was at, Early Days in Dublin in '05, they stopped during a song early in the set, Bruce said (and I paraphrase) 'steves pre amp has gone...maybe the guys should jam' so the 3 Amigos look at eachother, take a step towards eachother and play a tentative note together and fuckin Bruce says 'no, no, hold on, check this...' and he proceeds to do the William Tell Overture by slapping his hands on his cheeks. I would normally see this as a cool bit of improv but I was/am gutted that it came at the expense of a fucking Maiden jam live onstage! Yellow card for Bruce

Absolutely zero chance. Id love a bit more unpredictability with setlist choices. Although I dont ever want to see Metallica style medleys, play a song or dont!
Medleys really suck, I agree. There's a tendency for legacy bands to go out there and play medleys in an attempt to please literally everyone, but it always pisses me off. Metallica will sometimes play a whole song and just reference another song with a riff jam or something, which I do think is kinda cool. "Oh, you're playing Ride the Lightning from start to finish but WAIT that's a riff from Bleeding Me?! Ok!"
Well, it depends on the type of medley. The ones Metallica did on the Black album tour where it was a lot of songs combined and them not just messing around with a riff for 30 seconds were actually pretty good. If Maiden did the same with ALL songs NEVER performed live, that would be at least something decent.

I do agree that the medley thing worked for metallica at times but can you imagine hearing a part of Alex and then the band moving into The Prophecy? Id personally be disgusted! It would be like when you're at a party with people who skip songs half way through, you're just getting into it and then BOOM! on comes something else!

The solution? 12 hour set. Simple. So long as they play The Unbeliever and The Thin Line.

12 hours is simple? More like way too exhausting! Even as a 1 time event, it would be too hard on Maiden with all the energy they put into their performance. If they did enough concerts to include all the songs they've never done live and just a couple of the classics, that would work out. I would want it to all be professionally recorded and released of course.

I didnt forget, I was going to keep it a secret so I could announce it as a surprise to the fans at a later date. Also, there will be a Special Edition that comes in a Tin with a scroll that details all re-releases.:yey:

From IM website and Facebook just now:

With little under two weeks until The Book Of Souls World Tour opens at Florida’s BB&T Center on Feb 24th we thought we’d give you a brief update on how it’s all going. The band have been locked away in rehearsals for the past few weeks working on the new set-list and report that everything is going exceptionally well and they are raring to get started.
Ed Force One, our new 747 Jumbo, is all decaled or branded-up ready to go and Bruce has his shiny new 747 type rating so he can fly the plane. Ed Force One flies into the UK on Wednesday evening andIronMaiden.com will be at Cardiff Airport, stepladder and phone in hand, to bring you the first footage live on Periscope! Keep an eye on the website or our social media channels for details - we’re @Ironmaiden on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
As we initially announced we’ll be using Ed Force One right around the world as usual but also including the first few shows in Europe this time, making this the first time EF1 has visited Europe on tour!. However after the Swedish show at Gothenburg Ullvei Stadium on June 17 we’ll be reverting to our traditional truck & bus touring methods as logistically this makes much more sense considering the lesser distances involved and airport parameters.
Just to remind you, although many of the shows are already sold out, particularly in North America , there are always likely to be some production-hold tickets released to the public closer to show day. So if you do find a venue is sold out it’s always worth checking with them again, probably from around 3 days in advance of any show, right up to show day itself, in case these held tickets are being released for sale. Also for fans in North America interested in the Trooper Pre-Party Upgrade kindly note that Fort Lauderdale, Las Vegas and New York are already sold out and other cities going quickly, so if you are interested...http://ironmaiden.future-beat.com/artist.cfm?id=3364

Published: Feb 15, 2016
With little under two we

eddie_in_progress-3.jpg

At first I thought that this is some half ass 3D model, but it looks like a photo of the stage Eddie...

From IM website and Facebook just now:

With little under two weeks until The Book Of Souls World Tour opens at Florida’s BB&T Center on Feb 24th we thought we’d give you a brief update on how it’s all going. The band have been locked away in rehearsals for the past few weeks working on the new set-list and report that everything is going exceptionally well and they are raring to get started.
Ed Force One, our new 747 Jumbo, is all decaled or branded-up ready to go and Bruce has his shiny new 747 type rating so he can fly the plane. Ed Force One flies into the UK on Wednesday evening andIronMaiden.com will be at Cardiff Airport, stepladder and phone in hand, to bring you the first footage live on Periscope! Keep an eye on the website or our social media channels for details - we’re @Ironmaiden on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
As we initially announced we’ll be using Ed Force One right around the world as usual but also including the first few shows in Europe this time, making this the first time EF1 has visited Europe on tour!. However after the Swedish show at Gothenburg Ullvei Stadium on June 17 we’ll be reverting to our traditional truck & bus touring methods as logistically this makes much more sense considering the lesser distances involved and airport parameters.
Just to remind you, although many of the shows are already sold out, particularly in North America , there are always likely to be some production-hold tickets released to the public closer to show day. So if you do find a venue is sold out it’s always worth checking with them again, probably from around 3 days in advance of any show, right up to show day itself, in case these held tickets are being released for sale. Also for fans in North America interested in the Trooper Pre-Party Upgrade kindly note that Fort Lauderdale, Las Vegas and New York are already sold out and other cities going quickly, so if you are interested...http://ironmaiden.future-beat.com/artist.cfm?id=3364

Published: Feb 15, 2016
With little under two we

Here in Brazil, São Paulo is soldout already and, probably, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte will follow soon. Brasilia probably won't and no one can see how is Fortaleza going. I also have no idea about the argentinean/chilean concerts, but, considering that they are crazier than us when it comes to music, it'll probably be on the verge of being soldout as well.

But i'm surprised to see that many fans from the US, both here on the forum and implicit on the "soldout" news...it's probably just prejudice, nevermind me :D

eddie_in_progress-3.jpg

At first I thought that this is some half ass 3D model, but it looks like a photo of the stage Eddie...

This raises a VERY IMPORTANT question: in which song Eddie will enter?

I mean, everyone knows that the giant background Eddie will appear on Iron Maiden (at least i hope. This haven't worked out well on the TFF Tour), but which song opens space for the walking Eddie? Death or Glory, perhaps?

seriously excited for next week. I'll be there on the 24th in Sunrise (Ft. Lauderdale). I'll have a small HD cam to record new songs or rare ones but will not share them on here, nor will set list news be shared, unless some ask and spoiler tags will be added :) My uncle and I are both wearing our fan club shirts to the show. He hasn't seen them since 1988. This will be awesome. Hoping for lots of news songs, 90s stuff and post reunion tracks from BNW and AMOLAD..... Maybe some 80s deep cuts please? I want them to play The Thin Line Between Love and Hate. It actually fits with songs on TBOS...... fingers crossed We are eating at Rock N Roll Ribs the day before the show

I would be very surprised if they didn't have an Eddie during the title track (similar to the Eddie they had during Seventh Son of a Seventh Son in 2012-14). And then yeah, that still leaves an Eddie for "Iron Maiden", and some sort of walking Eddie.

Back