The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Might just be 23 boxes of Adrian-specific gear/guitars?

Or next time they're going to need a 747 each.
No, the numbers probably count pieces of gear belonging to a band member. He probably brings around 6 guitars, but there is also a rack, two Marshall heads, three cabinets, pedalboard, warm up amp, etc...

That makes sense

Adrian Smith needs 23 different guitars so that he can switch guitars in the middle of a solo and never miss a note.

Chinese set may be different all in its own because they have never played there...

See you there bud! I'll have my fanclub shirt on

I'm almost shure that chinese setlist would be different and they gonna change some songs in other countries except the Ones from BOS

As I said earlier at most Blood Brothers and Wasted Years can be changed. The rest will probably remain the same. Especially the songs that are in tour promo video.

So again the songs in promo video and will almost certanly be played are:

-Speed Of Light
-Fear Of The Dark
-The Trooper
-Death Or Glory
-Number Of The Beast
-The Book Of Souls
-Hallowed Be Thy Name

+Iron Maiden (not in video)

Maybe they'll add some from AMOLAD, i don't think the chinese goverment will let them play songs that talks about war like the half of that album..
I posted earlier that Blood Brothers will most likely be replaced by These Colours Don't Run or Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg and Wasted Years with Running Free or Sanctuary (please H, dont make this second swap).

As I said earlier at most Blood Brothers and Wasted Years can be changed. The rest will probably remain the same. Especially the songs that are in tour promo video.

I'm counting on that too. One classic and one post-reunion with sensible themes that were cut by the Chinese government, then replaced by BB and WY.

On the classic, I have 3 alternatives that would be "censorable": 2 Minutes to Midnight, Die With Your Boots On and 22 Acacia Avenue

On the post-reunion...harder to think of a "censorable" song. These Colours Don't Run? El Dorado? Benjamin Breeg? For the Greater Good of God? There are a lot of reasonable songs to consider (I just don't think it's reasonable to wait for a deep cut like Thin Line or Montsegur)

And I'm 98% sure that the "surprise" is Children of the Damned. As said here, on Steve's head, 7 years is a long time (and they haven't played it on a full tour on this century. Only 2007 and 2009)

I posted earlier that Blood Brothers will most likely be replaced by These Colours Don't Run or Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg and Wasted Years with Running Free or Sanctuary (please H, dont make this second swap).

Damn, I forgot about Sanctuary. That's a sure target for censorship...

Do we find out if we won FTTB the day before the show? I'm going to the Tulsa gig so I'm guessing I'll find out Thursday.

I'm counting on that too. One classic and one post-reunion with sensible themes that were cut by the Chinese government, then replaced by BB and WY.

On the classic, I have 3 alternatives that would be "censorable": 2 Minutes to Midnight, Die With Your Boots On and 22 Acacia Avenue

On the post-reunion...harder to think of a "censorable" song. These Colours Don't Run? El Dorado? Benjamin Breeg? For the Greater Good of God? There are a lot of reasonable songs to consider (I just don't think it's reasonable to wait for a deep cut like Thin Line or Montsegur)

And I'm 98% sure that the "surprise" is Children of the Damned. As said here, on Steve's head, 7 years is a long time (and they haven't played it on a full tour on this century. Only 2007 and 2009)
22 would be a great song on the set :D, maybe chinese goverment don't like songs about hookers but we do:lol:, if bruce said that they'll put out songs always played, is time to give fear of the dark a rest (for god's sake )

22 would be a great song on the set :D, maybe chinese goverment don't like songs about hookers but we do:lol:, if bruce said that they'll put out songs always played, is time to give fear of the dark a rest (for god's sake )
They will give a rest to RTTH, 2MTM and TETMD. But not FOTD.

Back