The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Three more European festival dates announced, all Germany. Plus a mystery Berlin gig TBA. Hopes of a UK arena tour getting slighter...

That tallies with the timescale we've been given for the 'very extensive' tour of Europe. Suggests they're playing an awful lot of festivals with a couple of arena shows here and there. Very interesting to see what they come up with next. We know Ed Force One will be used for the first few weeks of the European leg, too, suggesting they're zipping about all over the place.

@Collin - do you have any objection to me updating the dates on the first page when you're not about?

Probably Wacken is one of the last dates on this tour. Judginng by the posted dates we are looking at at least 25 concerts in Europe and UK alone.

It's looking very hopeful. I think they're going to visit as many countries as possible.

Download Festival are making their first announcement at 7PM on Monday, given that Maiden are beginning to announce European dates it could be them but who knows?

But it'd be only one concert in Poland. On ME Tour they performed here three times to combined audience of 56,000 :)

It's looking very hopeful. I think they're going to visit as many countries as possible.
I'm a little concerned. For an album tour, why are we seeing European festival dates? I don't think a UK arena tour looks on next year at all.

Look at TFF tour; started in June 2010 in the US/Canada & ended in late August after a few European festival dates. Second leg in 2011 ran from February through to early August with the UK only seeing dates in July & August at the very, very end of the tour. If any more European festival dates are announced now, then I suspect that Europe will probably be waiting until some, not yet announced, 2017 second leg for arena Maiden-only dates.

That tallies with the timescale we've been given for the 'very extensive' tour of Europe. Suggests they're playing an awful lot of festivals with a couple of arena shows here and there. Very interesting to see what they come up with next. We know Ed Force One will be used for the first few weeks of the European leg, too, suggesting they're zipping about all over the place.

@Collin - do you have any objection to me updating the dates on the first page when you're not about?
Nope, go right ahead. I'll be gone this week for hunting anyways. So I won't be able to keep up

I'm a little concerned. For an album tour, why are we seeing European festival dates?

Cried, no need to be concerned, Europe will see Maiden this summer. Wrestle your way stagefront and it won't matter if it's a festival or a Maiden show. Us Aussies are (super) grateful to actually get a show. Maiden skipped us between 1992-2008...which means we are dying for some AMOLAD content.

I'd be really happy if I didn't have to go to a festival to see Iron Maiden in Sweden. But I'm pretty sure that I'll have to, anyway.

Cried, no need to be concerned, Europe will see Maiden this summer. Wrestle your way stagefront and it won't matter if it's a festival or a Maiden show. Us Aussies are (super) grateful to actually get a show. Maiden skipped us between 1992-2008...which means we are dying for some AMOLAD content.
I know they'll play Europe this summer; I can see the dates. But, I ain't interested in festivals; I'm only really interested in when they'll play the UK.

I also appreciate what you're saying about Australia; 18 years is a long, long time. Maiden are British though & most of the band still live here. I was hoping to see them next year, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

Back