The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

22 was the first one I thought of, though Die With Your Boots on is due for a comeback.
I would definitely support bringing those back. I think Heaven Can Wait making a return is likely too. But definitely a bit later in the setlist.

22 was the first one I thought of, though Die With Your Boots on is due for a comeback.
+10000000

I could see DWYBO getting dusted off. Somehow, I don't see 22 ever making an appearance.

It's a looooong shot, but I'd either Icarus or Stranger would make me very, very happy too.

Realistic... but a bit unimaginative, isn't it? I guess the band knows it is one of their last tours and they have it in them to make a few last efforts in terms of song choice.
I can see a kind of boxset being released (Eddie's archive pt 2) and a tour in the vein of Gimme 'Ed till I'm Dead to promote it. I would like them to play "Be Quick..." and "BYDTTS" to illustrate the 90s.

Steve's choices pattern don't allow me to be imaginative :D
I think they'll try to remember the 90s on this 2nd leg as well, but i can't see Be Quick here (it'll be odd in the middle of the set, Bruce can't sing it on the encore opener and IESF is locked as opener). Bring Your Daughter is, indeed, an interest option to replace either Blood Brothers or Wasted Years (they haven't played BYD as a closer). ATSS is the vanilla option to remember the 90s: easy to play, they rehearsed it not too long ago, a decent crowd reaction...it fits

So as Die With Your Boots On, but i never saw Maiden playing a huge new song on a 2nd leg. If they're conservative on the 1st leg, imagine on the 2nd. Regardless, it's a more viable option than 22. Both The Clairvoyant and TETMD could be underdogs here, along with Man on the Edge or Futureal, if they're into the 90s

I wouldn't call this tour's setlist conservative (by Maiden's standards). We got COTD, Powerslave, Blood Brothers and Wasted Years an an album tour, which is pretty cool. The most conservative that Maiden ever were was the ME tour. Apart from ATSS and Prisoner, it was pretty obvious what they will play.

I think it's about time Killers makes a comeback.

c16c14bc46c8955d3de36cb8696a7621.jpg

The most conservative that Maiden ever were was the ME tour. Apart from ATSS and Prisoner, it was pretty obvious what they will play.

By album tour standards, TFF (second leg) takes the cake, though. The closest thing it had to deep cuts were Blood Brothers and Running Free. The former hadn't been performed since 2001, if you discard the first TFF leg, the latter since 2005. Even with my notoriously relaxed attitude towards setlists, having that along with only five new songs felt a bit naff. Especially after seeing them on the first leg, with that daredevil 2000's set. To top it off, En Vivo!, apart from the new songs, didn't have any tracks that hadn't appeared on the previous two live albums other than Running Free.

There you have it, a setlist complaint from me, five years later.

Yes something like that. A small chamber orchestra (approx. 25 members: 3 first violins, 3 second violins, 2 violas, 2 cellos, 1 double bass, 2 flutes, 2 bassoons, 2 clarinets, 2 horns, 2 trumpets, a percussionist and a pianist). They could fit that behind Nicko on a typical IM stage.
That would honestly be all they need for what they would want to do. They don't need to bring in the LSO or anything like that.
That would be really amazing to see. At the very least, hopefully they do it as a one time thing and record the show for a DVD/CD release.

I think TFF 2011 was the only setlist that really warranted the "Maiden play it safe" criticism. Can't help but think that the reception of AMOLAD 2006 and TFF 2010 scared them away from really getting adventurous with the setlist. It was also the lowest number of songs (5) played from the newest album for that lineup, maybe of them all. So glad I saw the first leg of that tour and I was less disappointed that they weren't coming back to the USA for a full tour when I saw the 2011 setlist.

Next year is gonna be 35 years of The Number of the Beast, I don't know if that'll affect the setlist or not. Probably not. 2016 had plenty of album anniversarys that had no effect on the 2016 setlist.

i saw the ft. lauderdale show on this last tour and it was amazing! my first time seeing Maiden because of money and stuff but holy crap did Nicko kill it! tried to make to his rib joint before the show to meet him but it was too far and i was saving up for beers at the gig anyway haha. it's okay cause i've been before and the man makes a mean slab of ribs!

The 1st leg of TFF tour was the best ever. The show at San Bernardino amphitheater was my favorite show ever. Oh my god what a night! I digress: would love to see paschendale or DOD added to this 2nd leg.
Realistically I think they may switch out one of the BOS songs, and One classic if anything. My guess is COTD for RTTH and Tears for Shadows.

I'd almost bet that they are gonna call next years tour Legacy of the Beast and play a few songs from NOTB since it's its 35th anniversary.

I'd almost bet that they are gonna call next years tour Legacy of the Beast and play a few songs from NOTB since it's its 35th anniversary.
that would mean new stage set, drapes etc...financially and pragmatically it makes the most sense for them to carry on with the same stage show. Maybe swapping in a couple NOTB tracks, but that's about it.

Everyone seems to be assuming any changes to the next leg will be the classics swapped for other classics, but isn't equally likely/possible for newer songs to be swapped in? Even if, say, Children, Trooper, and Powerslave are the only changes to the set, it's not set in stone that they have to be swapped for other classics. They could always change those 3 to Coming Home, Rainmaker, and BTATS, for instance.

What fresh fuckery is this regarding Killers? It is an absolute tune, makes my top 10 easy and its a complete fucking travesty that they didnt do it on Early Days or ME tours. Is this the 'what annoys me' thread, cos that fuckin annoyed me.

Back