The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Since I unfortunately missed the gig in Dortmund this year, I will be more than happy to see them next year with a mix of 4 songs from TBOS and classics ready to rock

It's been a wonderful Maiden season, everybody! Hard to believe that we've been riding The Book of Souls train for nearly a year already. Hope the boys have some great time off and here's to more shows and music in 2017!

Maybe its the beer but I know Im not the only one feeling the childish Christmas-esque buzz right now. What a band, what a show. With this band, we chose wisely, my friends.

Missed Adrian running, thank fuck for youtube.

I believe they're playing quite a few places on the continent, as well as the 11 UK shows.
Who knows!
Nicko was on point as well- very groovy, locked in- overall they're performing much better these days than the past few years IMO.
The only faulty play was perhaps during the intro in Fear of the Dark. On hi-hat. He either went too fast during the first half or so, either the band (Steve) was too slow. Steve was slower and probably tried Nicko to get in that same tempo as well. Minor thing, for the rest so good everything.

Did you guys hear the end of Powerslave? Janick had so nice Arabic patterns and then made some coosounds.

Dave did some really cool new things in his solos. In The Trooper but that divebomb in Fear of the Dark was awesome
Love H's Steve Vai trick of changing the pickups while dive-bombing. :)
Not sure if that went well.. Sounded odd (or faulty). It looked cool though!

Maybe its the beer but I know Im not the only one feeling the childish Christmas-esque buzz right now. What a band, what a show. With this band, we chose wisely, my friends.

Missed Adrian running, thank fuck for youtube.
It looked very odd. As if he couldn't do it well, with guitar. Or it was just having some fun, doing it weird on purpose.

Sure fast.

I think they made some sound/sample out of the original and now Kenney can probably play it along, live.

Yeah, I thought keyboard samples too. There was already keyboard in Powerslave live, I like what they've added to it

What an amazing tour! I hope to see them in Brazil next year again, but I am pretty sure they will do a short european tour only. Enjoy, guys!

What a performance! They truly are the best! No words to describe Bruce's singing tonight.... I just hope to see them soon again.

Back