The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

If next year is another chapter of TBOS tour, I'd hope they'd keep Eternity. I think it will be.

If they do another leg with a different setlist I think it's more likely for Powerslave and COTD to be swapped out.

I know what the cowbell thing is about, I just lost interest in it immediately. It's a musical instrument. If it had been a triangle I would have found that funny.

IESF and SOL will surely survive on the 2nd leg, along with TRATB and Book of Souls. Either Tears or Death or Glory will be dropped, though (probably Death. Or both). Surely the "non-stamples-and-neither-album-songs" will be dropped, too. So, we'll probably see 5 or 6 new songs on the next tour. One of those being Wrathchild, we'll have 4 or 5. Wicker Man, Brave New World, maybe Revelations again?

Next year is the 35th anniversary of Number Of The Beast, so there is a possibility they do something like A Matter Of The Beast (The Book Of The Beast).

I really think that The Red and the Black would get dropped, they've messed up on it quite a few times this tour. This the exact reason they stopped playing Paschendale. Expect it to get dropped for Dance of Death or a longer reunion era song.

Maybe even Shadows of the Valley

I really think that The Red and the Black would get dropped, they've messed up on it quite a few times this tour. This the exact reason they stopped playing Paschendale. Expect it to get dropped for Dance of Death or a longer reunion era song.

That'd be awesome.

I would say if they do plan to celebrate TNOB's 35 anniversary, Run To The Hills will make it's way into the set instead of Death Or Glory, either 22 Acacia Avenue or The Prisoner will replace Powerslave and something will replace Blood Brothers.

Considering they're releasing a new beer called Red and Black, I doubt they'll be dropping its namesake any time soon.
Forgot about that haha. But still, it is a very hard song to play. I'm gonna say next years set will look like this..

1. If Eternity Should Fail
2. Speed of Light
3. Two Mintutes To Midnight
4. Tears of a Clown
5. Dance of Death
6. The Trooper
7. Death or Glory
8. Brave New World
9. The Wicker Man
10. Hallowed be thy Name
11. Book of Souls
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
--
14. Number of the Beast
15. Wasted Years
16. Run to the Hills

Forgot about that haha. But still, it is a very hard song to play. I'm gonna say next years set will look like this..

1. If Eternity Should Fail
2. Speed of Light
3. Two Mintutes To Midnight
4. Tears of a Clown
5. Dance of Death
6. The Trooper
7. Death or Glory
8. Brave New World
9. The Wicker Man
10. Hallowed be thy Name
11. Book of Souls
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
--
14. Number of the Beast
15. Wasted Years
16. Run to the Hills

RTTH won't be a closing song again. They intended to close with it in 2011 and 2012/13, but it was always replaced with Running Free, due to height of the vocals.

Next year is the 35th anniversary of Number Of The Beast, so there is a possibility they do something like A Matter Of The Beast (The Book Of The Beast).

So...Run to the Hills will return? I think it very unlikely. 22 Acacia Avenue, perhaps?

I would love to hear Dance of Death. In fact, i wouldn't mind to see DOD become a stample. DOD, considering, have 8min. TRATB have 13. So, we could add a 5min song too. Wicker Man? Different World? Coming Home? I wouldnt bet on Shadows of the Valley, though

Run to the Hills was dropped in 2010 and didn't came back in 2011. Hallowed was dropped in 2012 and didn't came back in 2013/14. I don't think they'll put Run or 2MTM on the set in 2017

RTTH won't be a closing song again. They intended to close with it in 2011 and 2012/13, but it was always replaced with Running Free, due to height of the vocals.
So Maybe swap it with Wicker Man and close it with Wasted Years

I would be completely against The Prisoner on the setlist if they commemorate Number of the Beast's anniversary, based on the performance of the song during Maiden England Tour. I simply love The Prisoner, but I think it is the kind of song which MUST be played fast, and it didn't happen during Maiden England. On the other hand, I think 22 Acacia Avenue would be really, really cool (and also more uncommon).

Back