The Next Album (expectations / desires)

Indeed, speaking of time: when the next album comes out another record is broken.

2006 --> 2010 (4 years in between Maiden studio albums!)

Forostar said:
Indeed, speaking of time: when the next album comes out another record is broken.

2006 --> 2010 (4 years in between Maiden studio albums!)

Yeah. but it`s actually three and a half, hoping that it really does come out in early 2010.

For a while now i've been thinking that Maiden England will be re-released as the next part of the History series, so it will be accompannied by a documentary on SiT/SSoaSS. But i doubt we'll have that for at least another year, or mabye just in time for christmas?

As next albums go, im curious to see what it'll turn out like. Im not a big fan of AMOLAD, so i hope it'll be better than that.
Although, i have a sneaking suspicion that it may well be a flop, as i know many Maiden fans think AMOLAD is amazing, so it might not be able to "beat it" or live up to expectations in thier eyes.

I really really enjoyed AMOLAD as much as DOD, they're both great material in my opinion. That's why I'm sure next album will definitely kick arse...nothing less to be expected from Iron Maiden, don't you reckon?

Hollow said:
I really really enjoyed AMOLAD as much as DOD, they're both great material in my opinion. That's why I'm sure next album will definitely kick arse...nothing less to be expected from Iron Maiden, don't you reckon?

Welcome to the forum man.
And yes, im optimistic that it will be really good, but i have a feeling that many fans will be dissapointed following "AMOLAD". Just like many were dissapointed with NPFTD after SSoaSS

If this next album is to be their last, I am sure they will want to go out with a bang and hence will make a special effort to make it fucking awesome. I wouldn't be surprised if we had to wait till 2010 if they wanted it to be absolutely perfect.

Natalie said:
If this next album is to be their last, I am sure they will want to go out with a bang and hence will make a special effort to make it fucking awesome. I wouldn't be surprised if we had to wait till 2010 if they wanted it to be absolutely perfect.

That's very true, i hadn't thought of that factor. However, i think however it'll be it will be hard to please me- im more of a "classic maiden" fan really. But im gonna make a real effort to listen to AMOLAD more.

Natalie said:

Most 2009 band interviews have hinted it won't be their last.

Take this one with Adrian (done 32 days ago), sounds very hopeful to me!

Hollow said:

That's very optimistic... and naive. I think they're next album will be much less consistent than AMOLAD and songs will be worse. I think it will be something like FotD. And I have a strange feeling that one member will leave(if they won't break totally, of course).

Of course it's pessimistic! When you think the worst, you enjoy the reality much more.
And why do you think it's nonsense? You think they're glued together?

I think if one member leaves, the band won't continue on, and I really can't see anyone leaving right now.  Bruce is IMO the most likely one to leave, but even he seems to be very happy in Maiden now since he's getting to do a lot of other stuff.  

As for overall quality, I am also afraid it won't live up to AMOLAD's standards.  In my opinion, Maiden's best albums have always been preceded by a considerably worse album (specifically: Seventh Son of a Seventh Son and The X Factor). Of course, I hope they reverse this trend now.  :)

Natalie said:
I wouldn't be surprised if we had to wait till 2010 if they wanted it to be absolutely perfect.

This I wouldn't agree with.  Maiden have never been ones to keep "perfecting" an album for long (see: Metallica, GNR).  If they can't make it good enough on the first round of songwriting, they don't try again, they make that an album and are proud of it.  That being said, it's already almost confirmed to come out in 2010, not 2009.  But they won't delay it extra to make it "perfect".

I'll quote what Adrian stated:

“The band, I think is on a height, the worldwide interest in the band, we are at our peak, we’re getting a lot of new young fans, and it’s just fantastic, we’re enjoying it, we’re playing abiut a million and a half. So it’s hard to see a time we will stop. So we’re gonna carry on!”

Reading this it's kinda impossible to be pessimistic about the bands future.

There's a difference between said and done. I hope they won't split up, but I have that tiny little feeling deep deep inside. You know what I mean.

Invader said:
I think if one member leaves, the band won't continue on, and I really can't see anyone leaving right now.  Bruce is IMO the most likely one to leave, but even he seems to be very happy in Maiden now since he's getting to do a lot of other stuff.  

Well, after watching Flight 666, I think it would be Adrian. But, of course that won`t happen.

Lovro said:
Well, after watching Flight 666, I think it would be Adrian. But, of course that won`t happen.

I've always thought that if any were to leave, it would be Adrian. He just never looks happy.

Back