The Next Album (expectations / desires)

I read it as: they are INDIVIDUAL musicians and they will continue to be so on an INDIVIDUAL basis if the next album is the end. To me it sounds like that might be the case with some of them going on to do solo work in the future.

I have to say this is one of the most interesting discussions I've ever read!

gulranek said:
Although, they still have to ... make a documentary about the Somewhere In Time and Seventh Son albums...

I haven't yet seen The Early Days, but as far as I know they haven't even released a documentary about the Piece of Mind and Powerslave albums - Or did I miss something? Please enlighten me.

They did. Piece Of Mind is included with The Early Days, and Powerslave and Live After Death are in the focus of the documentary on the recent Live After Death DVD.

pilau said:
I have to say this is one of the most interesting discussions I've ever read!

I haven't yet seen The Early Days, but as far as I know they haven't even released a documentary about the Piece of Mind and Powerslave albums - Or did I miss something? Please enlighten me.

the Early Days covered the band's origins to the last concert of the World Piece Tour in '83. Live After Death picked up where the Early Days left off and continued through the release of Powerslave and the neverending tour that followed. So they have covered Iron Maiden, Killers, the Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind, Powerslave and Live After Death.

Oh, I see. I've only seen the Live After Death concert - I didn't know there was a documentary that goes along with it.

I suspect the next History documentary will be on the Flight 666 DVD, whenever that comes out - and it will only cover SiT/SSoaSS era, since that's what they played on the tour.

Or: perhaps on a Donington DVD, covering thru FotD.

I've been quite confused about the pieces of rumour/news coming out about future DVD releases - isn't Maiden England due for a DVD release? Or maybe that'll be combined with Donington, as well as the next History bit.

I'd be suprised if the next History installment was coupled with Flight 666 though, despite the SBIT link.

national acrobat said:
I've been quite confused about the pieces of rumour/news coming out about future DVD releases - isn't Maiden England due for a DVD release? Or maybe that'll be combined with Donington, as well as the next History bit.

I'd be suprised if the next History installment was coupled with Flight 666 though, despite the SBIT link.

Well, if I recall well those ideas were only on Kevin Shirley's site and not on Maiden's official site? But they could still happen. I guess Flight 666 has become a spontanuous idea with major priority.

Forostar said:
Well, if I recall well those ideas were only on Kevin Shirley's site and not on Maiden's official site? But they could still happen. I guess Flight 666 has become a spontanuous idea with major priority.

No.  The first news release on SBIT said that Maiden England would be released in '08 or '09.

"To tie in with forthcoming 2008 releases on DVD of the classic 'LIVE AFTER DEATH' and 'MAIDEN ENGLAND' concert videos (more details coming soon) this tour, aptly entitled 'SOMEWHERE BACK IN TIME', will revisit the band's history by focusing almost entirely on the 80's in both choice of songs played and the stage set, which will be based around the legendary Egyptian Production of the 1984-85 'Powerslave Tour'. This will arguably be the most elaborate and spectacular show the band have ever presented, and will include some key elements of their Somewhere In Time tour of 1986/7, such as the Cyborg Eddie."

http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?cat ... icleid=664

From a Peruvian news story today:

'"Iron Maiden's lead vocalist promised this will not be the last time they come to Peru: "In 2010 we will edit a new studio album, and in two years, we will return to this beautiful country", he said.'

Although we know better than to trust what Bruce says at concerts  ;)

GuineaPig said:
No.  The first news release on SBIT said that Maiden England would be released in '08 or '09.

O yeah indeed. But in this news item it's 2008, not 2009. So Maiden England is indeed delayed.

Perhaps the Flight 666 was more like a last minute decision for the band & co. to work with Banger Production on the film. I mean, as far as I understand, first the release of ME was sort of anounced and later they might've had a change of plans. I don't it means we won't get to see it on DVD - I certainly think we will, even by the end of this year. Maybe they could realese it as a "closure" thing for the SBIT tour?

pilau said:
Perhaps the Flight 666 was more like a last minute decision for the band & co. to work with Banger Production on the film. I mean, as far as I understand, first the release of ME was sort of anounced and later they might've had a change of plans. I don't it means we won't get to see it on DVD - I certainly think we will, even by the end of this year. Maybe they could realese it as a "closure" thing for the SBIT tour?

Well, the reason they didn't want to release ME was basically because of market saturation.

If so then I assume they will wait until the Flight 666 buzz calms down and then if that coincides with the new album release they will delay it even further.

SinisterMinisterX said:
I suspect the next History documentary will be on the Flight 666 DVD, whenever that comes out - and it will only cover SiT/SSoaSS era, since that's what they played on the tour.

Or: perhaps on a Donington DVD, covering thru FotD.

Yeah, an astonishing number of 5 songs from those two albums.

Here some trivia presented by yours truly.  :D

The next studio album will be the tenth Iron Maiden album featuring Adrian Smith.

The next studio album will be the 4th of this lineup.
If Maiden will make another one (the 5th), that would mean that this current lineup is the most productive one in Maiden history, beating the lineup of the golden years in the 1980s.

Well, in terms of time, they've already beaten the Golden Years lineup.  That might even be the case with tours too, with the SBIT tour being rather large and all, as well as three album tours, Ed Huntour, and History Part 1 tour.

Back