The Marvel Thread (Spoilers, and language!)

I find SW being the "most powerful MCU character ever" far more believable than Captain Marvel.
Wait until you've seen the Captain Marvel film! You don't know what she can do yet.

Vision was completely useless in Infinity War though. Especially after zapping everything in his path in Ultron and lifting Thor's hammer.

Thor's quest for Stormbreaker didn't make a lot of sense, didn't he learn to use his powers without a weapon in Ragnarok?
I asked the same thing earlier in the year and Night Prowler came up with an an explanation.

Wait until you've seen the Captain Marvel film! You don't know what she can do yet.

You're right, I should reserve judgement, but from what I know of Captain Marvel I'm just not getting it. I mean, Scarlet Witch has the power of an Infinity Stone and Captain Marvel is a regular person who was altered by an alien race. I know who I'd put my money on. Obviously there could (and most probably will be) more to it than that, but at this time I'm not convinced.

Vision was completely useless in Infinity War though. Especially after zapping everything in his path in Ultron and lifting Thor's hammer.

Yup, another waste. Could he not have taken part in the battle at Wakanda and just been wounded near the end instead? Things would turn out the same way, but we'd get to see Vision's full power, which would be awesome.

I asked the same thing earlier in the year and Night Prowler came up with an an explanation.

Thanks, not seen Ragnarok for a while so I'd forgotten about that part.

So the end credits scene for Doctor Strange. Has the black dude who left the monks in Nepal and recrippled that guy cropped up again since, or is that setting up Doctor Strange 2 (Even Stranger)?

What did you think of Doctor Strange?
Entertaining but, as I've already seen Thor: Ragnarok and Infinity War, Doctor Strange seemed a lot like it exists purely to set up Infinity War alongside Thor: Ragnarok by moving characters into place, introducing an infinity stone and Wong warning that Earth was now unprotected after the Ancient One's death.

I agree with that. Interesting in places but nothing I'd rush to watch again. Also thought it had a lot of similarities to the first Iron Man film and apart from the magic element nothing really stood out to me as unique.

Guardians introduced the Cosmic theme and characters and storylines and Dr Strange has introduced the Magical and Spiritual realm. That opens up the MCU to a lot more characters and storylines

Spiderman: Far From Home trailer.

I actually really enjoyed the first one, was one of the few Marvel films that genuinely made me laugh out loud and I really liked the scaled-down tone, no cities being destroyed or mass genocide... so, I'm a little sceptical of this, given what's in the trailer, but that could be misleading and I still think it looks great. Mysterio looks awesome, but seems like there's going to be a bit of a twist on his character. Not sure about that.

The action looks a bit over the top but the characters are charming. I really liked Homecoming so I’m looking forward to this.

Four episodes into Punisher series 2. So far it's fine, but...

Frank still hasn't suited up and Jigsaw is barely scarred at all. :(

Finished The Punisher season 2 yesterday

1 plot hole to me is when Frank escapes from the hospital, why didn't Madani tell Mahoney 1. That the uniform Frank was wearing was taken from a cop that tried to kill him for the reward & 2. She also should have told him what she & Karen found out in the morgue which would most likely clear Frank of killing the women?

To me, The Punisher is a very different Marvel character from any other because he does kill and is capable of such violence. For these reasons, I only like seeing him either killing bad guys or fighting the heroes. All the other complicated drama with all the characters in both seasons just does not interest me much. Although I do like The Pilgrim but thought we need more info about the couple that took him in and about the weird village/community he lived in

Forgot to say I finished Punisher on Sunday.

Don't really have much to add, terrell already said a lot of what I felt. Thought it was a big let down that Frank wasn't really the Punisher, also too few shootouts where we get to see Frank do his thing. People keep saying he's "the best at this kind of thing", then let us see it. Also, no Micro. Did he go off with his family at the end of last series? I can't remember. I liked Amy more than I thought I would, she had great chemistry with Frank.

Endgame TV spot from the BIG GAME. Doesn't show a great deal, but apparently Marvel aren't going to show too much.

Christ. Three hours sounds like a good excuse to see this at one of those cinemas that has sofas, normal seats kill my lower back no matter how long the film is.

Back