The Marvel Thread (Spoilers, and language!)

Saw A: IW.

biggest surprise for me, even more than the ending, was the return of the Red Skull! Especially as vocal as Hugo has been about not wanting to be in another Marvel film. About that ending; in the trailer, the end was foreshadowed "You will learn to lose". Expected a major character to die, but not more than a dozen! Like @Night Prowler said, have no idea how this gets resolved next year. Wonder if we will see Stark telling Aunt May that Peter is dead? During the trailers when i saw Nomad, i knew he was wearing a dark suit, but it was not until i saw the film that i noticed it is his Captain America uniform (he just hasn't washed it in 2 years!). Never heard anyone refer to him as Nomad. Quill sure screwed everyone; they almost had Thanos. I did not enjoy Banner not changing to Hulk. He was missed.

Really loved the after credits scene with Fury calling Captain Marvel.
That wasn't Hugo Weaving, it was a CGI character voiced by Ross Marquand (Aaron from The Walking Dead).

can't help but notice the similarities between Thor in A:IW & Superman in JL:

1st is that after the events of the last 2 Marvel films, because of the deaths of Odin, Loki, & Heimdall, that leaves Thor as the last son of Asgard.

2nd is the way Thor "saves the day in Wakanda" similar to the way Superman did in the final battle in JL.

Yeah, I think you're stretching on both aspects, @terrell39

Because Thanos specifically said he only killed 1/2 of Asgardians, first of all, we just didn't see the ones who lived. Secondly, Thor didn't save the day, and that's the irony there.

Nobody who turned to dust is permadead - those characters have been removed so that the stakes are concentrated on disposable characters. Look at the characters who were deleted: Black Panther, Star-Lord, Bucky, Doctor Strange, Spider-Man...these guys already have movies coming to replace them and the actors are signed to many more films. The only characters who are still around that aren't from Phase 1 are Okoye, Nebula, and Rocket. Since Marvel still has a sausage fest problem, keeping Okoye makes some sense; similarly, Nebula's storyline seems likely to end in Avengers 4 as her focus has always been anti-Thanos. So that leaves us with the people who have been around for a long time: Cap, Iron Man, Hulk, Black Widow, War Machine, Thor...

Now, this makes sense from a creative view - we've paired a huge amount of characters down. We went from:
Thor, Loki, Heimdall, Hulk, Star-Lord, Gamorra, Rocket, Groot, Nebula, Drax, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Wong, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Captain America, Black Widow, Falcon, Black Panther, Okoye, M'Baku, War Machine, Winter Soldier, Nebula
To:
Thor, Hulk, Rocket, Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, Okoye, War Machine, Nebula (with a handful of minor heroes unknown).

Now, it seems likely that we are adding:
Hawkeye, Ant-Man, The Wasp, and Captain Marvel in A4, and possibly Valkyrie whose fate has not been discussed. Even still, that's a much, much smaller pool to plan around.

Just saw IW and holy shit...I'm so overwhelmed with thoughts. I loved it. They did a great job of making a movie with 1,000 characters still have stakes and somehow gave us an outstanding villain. That said:

Because Thanos specifically said he only killed 1/2 of Asgardians, first of all, we just didn't see the ones who lived. Secondly, Thor didn't save the day, and that's the irony there.

Nobody who turned to dust is permadead - those characters have been removed so that the stakes are concentrated on disposable characters. Look at the characters who were deleted: Black Panther, Star-Lord, Bucky, Doctor Strange, Spider-Man...these guys already have movies coming to replace them and the actors are signed to many more films. The only characters who are still around that aren't from Phase 1 are Okoye, Nebula, and Rocket. Since Marvel still has a sausage fest problem, keeping Okoye makes some sense; similarly, Nebula's storyline seems likely to end in Avengers 4 as her focus has always been anti-Thanos. So that leaves us with the people who have been around for a long time: Cap, Iron Man, Hulk, Black Widow, War Machine, Thor...

Now, this makes sense from a creative view - we've paired a huge amount of characters down. We went from:
Thor, Loki, Heimdall, Hulk, Star-Lord, Gamorra, Rocket, Groot, Nebula, Drax, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Wong, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Captain America, Black Widow, Falcon, Black Panther, Okoye, M'Baku, War Machine, Winter Soldier, Nebula
To:
Thor, Hulk, Rocket, Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, Okoye, War Machine, Nebula (with a handful of minor heroes unknown).

Now, it seems likely that we are adding:
Hawkeye, Ant-Man, The Wasp, and Captain Marvel in A4, and possibly Valkyrie whose fate has not been discussed. Even still, that's a much, much smaller pool to plan around.

This is my biggest problem with it. There really were no stakes in this movie. All of the stakes are going to be in A4 because that will be the time to actually kill off the original core team due to actor contracts. None of the people that died in this film are going to stay dead, and that sucks. I don't want these people to be dead, but if you're going full Game of Thrones, you need to go all in. The introduction of Doctor Strange and the time stone really screws with the ability to keep any kind of stakes in the game because you can simply rewind time.

I'm sure that in A4 we'll see Tony Stark figure out what Strange meant by "this was the only way" and then somehow fix things so that he (and maybe Cap) die, but everyone else is resurrected. And yeah, that will be sad, but it will suck the meaning out of all of these deaths.

I just saw Infinity War. Really enjoyed it, but I have one major gripe:

In Ragnarok Thor learned to kick ass without his hammer - where was that when Thanos attacked the Asgardian ship? Why'd he need a new one? Why didn't he arrive sooner when Thanos came to Wakanda? (Other than for the plot...)

I just saw Infinity War. Really enjoyed it, but I have one major gripe:

In Ragnarok Thor learned to kick ass without his hammer - where was that when Thanos attacked the Asgardian ship? Why'd he need a new one? Why didn't he arrive sooner when Thanos came to Wakanda? (Other than for the plot...)
Thor did learn how to kick ass without his hammer, but that wasn't even enough to kill Hela, let alone harm Thanos.

Fair enough.

Thor: Ragnarok was probably my favourite of all the Marvel films. These two songs should've been in the soundtrack though:

This is my biggest problem with it. There really were no stakes in this movie. All of the stakes are going to be in A4 because that will be the time to actually kill off the original core team due to actor contracts. None of the people that died in this film are going to stay dead, and that sucks. I don't want these people to be dead, but if you're going full Game of Thrones, you need to go all in. The introduction of Doctor Strange and the time stone really screws with the ability to keep any kind of stakes in the game because you can simply rewind time.
I kinda see your point but still, you can't deny that the snapped deaths were heartbreaking. We might know that because of future movies these characters will re-appear, but the others don't.

I'm sure that in A4 we'll see Tony Stark figure out what Strange meant by "this was the only way" and then somehow fix things so that he (and maybe Cap) die, but everyone else is resurrected. And yeah, that will be sad, but it will suck the meaning out of all of these deaths.
My theory is that the Avengers will have to team up to wield the Infinity Gauntlet in order to reverse the snap. Remember that in GOTG it took 5 of them to control one infinity stone. So for them to use whole Infinity Gauntlet, they'll have to team up too, and it's probably gonna be a lineup of 6 (one for each stone), and my theory is that it's gonna be Cap, Stark, Thor, Hulk, Nebula and Captain Marvel. Cap and Stark will die, probably Nebula too, the other 3 are stronger and will live.

About AOS season finale:

Enjoyed Quake's discussion/battle with Graviton and the carnage on the streets of Chicago, but nothing else. Thought this would be more affected by IW. You're telling me when Thanos snapped his fingers that NONE of the S.H.I.E.L.D. team vanished (except obviously Fury & Hill)? Cool way for Coulson to go out with May but very disappointed the Avengers never got to see him alive again. Obviously did not see Fitz death coming. Question now is whether he got Jemma pregnant before he died. Guess we have to wait over a year to find out

Just rewatched Avengers AOU. Very busy movie with MUCH foreshadowing:

1. The 1st mention of Vibranium & Wakanda.
2. Klau losing his arm to make way for the sonic weapon we see in BP.
3. Thor's vision of the gathering of the Infinity Stones.
4. Also Thor's vision where Heimdall warns him Thor will lead all of Asgard to Hel (must have the captions on to see the spelling). During this dream we also see Thor use his lighting powers WITHOUT his hammer for the first time. This of course is about the events of Thor Ragnarok.
5. Cap and Tony not only verbally going at it several times but physically fighting (right before Thor powers up the Vision) as well further feeding the events of CA: CW.
6. Vision rescuing Wanda from the island of Sokovia before it blows up begins their romance.
7. Obviously the carnage caused by the creation of Ultron leads to CA: CW

This film also sees the introduction of FRIDAY (who replaces JARVIS).

Rewatched CA: CW. Introduction of Black Panther & Spidey into MCU as well as Everett Ross. Interesting when Winter Soldier is strangling Black Widow she says "The least you could do is recognize me". We have yet to hear more about that (in the MCU at least). Perhaps if we ever see the Widow film that has long been rumored in production, and if it is an origin story, we might see more about both Bucky & Natasha's past.

A student in the US did a presentation on Wakanda to "raise awareness" of the country and the teacher bought every second of it. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just finished Luke Cage season 2. Like season 1, the music is amazing. Gary Clark Jr & Christone "Kingfish" Ingram lay down some killer guitar!

i was not a fan of Iron Fist season 1 but i REALLY enjoyed the episode with Danny & Luke together. Gotta say i did not at all expect the way the season ended; but a very interesting twist. Now we know how Claire leaves Luke. Now wonder when Jessica will return. (In the comics she & Luke get married and have a kid...before first joining the Avengers

More thoughts on LC S2

Good performances all around that really drew me in by the actors who played Bushmaster, Mariah...hell the entire cast. Next to the last episode i think is where Shades admits casually killing Candace and laughing about others dying. Misty tearing up about the coldness of this monster she was listening to was a powerful scene.

Also loved the episode with Colleen & Misty drunk and fighting in the bar.

Interesting observations:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/m...s-and-cameos-you-need-to-see-spoilers-a161696

Back