The Legacy

How good is The Legacy on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters

Spambot

Educated Fool
My only issue with this song is that the piece recycled for Empire of the Clouds fits the latter song more.
No, no, no, no, no.

That's your issue with first hearing Empire of the Clouds and that being your favorite songs and THEN hearing The Legacy after that.
To paint the picture on riff fitting the songs, I'll compare feelings when that riff comes in the song:

In The Legacy, it's like you're high on top of the the roller-coaster on midnight of New Year's Eve.
In Empire of the Clouds, it's like your hangover swaying in a very small boat on a foggy Monday morning.

Diesel 11

As you scream into the web of silence...
No, no, no, no, no.

That's your issue with first hearing Empire of the Clouds and that being your favorite songs and THEN hearing The Legacy after that.
To paint the picture on riff fitting the songs, I'll compare feelings when that riff comes in the song:

In The Legacy, it's like you're high on top of the the roller-coaster on midnight of New Year's Eve.
In Empire of the Clouds, it's like your hangover swaying in a very small boat on a foggy Monday morning.
You’re responding to an older post of mine. I think it fits both songs extraordinarily well.

Unique song. The acoustic parts are great and the intro is dramatic, but it's dragged for way too long - that's the only complain that I have about this epic song. Great riffs, great verses, good chorus and great solo from Janick. The triple-lead harmonies are as always wonderful. The verses after the solo are one of the best in Maiden's discography. I think Janick wanted the song to be more acoustic with no choruses, but with more themes through it. I'll be happy to see it live again (missed opportunity with the Legacy of the Beast tour...). 8/10.
this one doesn't drag for me - I nearly rated "Brighter Than A Thousand Suns" as the best track on AMOLAD, but on second listen, I find a bit more directness, smoothness, and slightly less repetition on Legacy than Brighter.