The Future Past Tour: Will you check the setlist before seeing the show or do you wanna be surprised?

Will you read spoilers & check for the setlist before seeing the show, or do you wanna be surprised?

• Definitely will know the set before

Votes: 25 55.6%
  • I'll have it all as surprise

Votes: 20 44.4%

• Total voters
I can do both at the same time.

Go for it!

But if you find after a few songs you're getting distracted, don't be under any obligation to keep it up, people on here won't mind, your first duty is to ROCK!

583666.jpg

I just remember the reaction me and my mates had when they dropped Lord of the Flies in 2003.

It's not even a particularly good track, but the fact they busted out something we'd have never predicted in a million years made it awesome. Would have been no fun at all if we'd had a spoiler.

I don't see a point in even trying to keep the set list secret from myself.

As always though, keep in mind we strictly enforce spoiler rules on this board.

Looks like I’m missing out this tour. But I would try to not check out the setlist first. It is a tough job to be unaware of the setlist for a band like Maiden that play one set. I hardly use youtube at all (at least nothing music related), and I am only on facebook once every other month or so. But last time the band themself released the setlist playlist on Spotify before the tour started?

I just remember the reaction me and my mates had when they dropped Lord of the Flies in 2003.

It's not even a particularly good track, but the fact they busted out something we'd have never predicted in a million years made it awesome. Would have been no fun at all if we'd had a spoiler.

I went to the second gig on the GMETID tour. Imagine my surprise with the first few songs…

I'm in two minds. This is the first time I'm likely to be able to avoid spoilers given that my show is only a month after the tour's start date, but even then I think it's gonna be pretty difficult, especially if they play that song and the internet explodes afterwards. But I'd also still like to have an idea of what they're playing, even though there's no way they're gonna play a song I've never heard before. I'll probably try and avoid spoilers, but also won't be too cut up over it if I do end up seeing any.

I would love to avoid spoilers until I see the show live, but chances are I won't be seeing it until 2024 and with the way social media works (nevermind this forum) I can't imagine avoiding spoilers that long. Even if I was seeing them at the tail end of this year's tour, it seems like a tall order.

Besides, I expect world leaders such as Biden, Sunak, etc will be reacting to Maiden playing Alexander the Great live.

As an old fart I’ve had my time going to Maiden concerts before the internet and social media were a thing so I’ve been to plenty of gigs where the set list was a surprise.

These days unless I hide under a rock it’s virtually impossible to not get the set list spoiled so I just go with it. As soon as I know the set list I’ll make a playlist up and listen to that non stop before the gig, that always gets me in the mood.

This year I’m taking my wife to one of the O2 gigs so she won’t have a clue about any of the songs as she’s not a fan just wanted to come with me this year as I listen to them so much she wants to check em out live. I can have my set list surprise watching her :bigsmile:

It's a month between the first gig and mine (Glasgow) so it would basically involve avoiding all social media and maiden forums for that time to avoid spoilers. Don't think it's likely to happen.

Well I won't go looking to find out what the setlist is, but as my first gig on the tour is Glasgow, 15 gigs in, I can't imagine should they play something like, Alexander the Great, that I won't have become aware of it via some sort of rock / metal website.

I guess at the very least I won't know the exact order, or be 100% sure what songs they are playing, so there are bound to be some surprises for me when I see them take to the stage.

I'll be attending two Maiden shows this year and the first one of those is the fourth show of the tour, so I should be able to avoid setlist spoilers till then..!

You forget that us old farts cannot type that fast.

1. Take phone out of pocket
2. Search for reading glasses
3. Start typing
4. Oh no, bloody auto-correct!
5. Post message
6. Put phone back in pocket
7. Put reading glasses in pocket

By the time we have finished doing that Wrathchild would be over and we would have to start again!
Song #1: Sense Just

Back