The Future Past Tour 2024

maybe Rod didn't make the right contract then and he thought if Patrick McGoohan doesn't ask us for anything in return…Beckett guys never will. But he was wrong

Another factor is that this year is very busy for them and for Bruce right until the last month of it.
Exactly. Of course writing and recording an album it takes just a few months (and the whole band would be present for probably not even half of the period), but they would have just a single free month after a world tour, then they would go into the studio for 3 months, have another month off (or probably less) and then they need to start to rehearse for the upcoming tour. It's Maiden, so they could do it, but I wouldn't be surprised if this schedule would be pushing a bit too much.

They have enough time for a concept. Also they could release the album in 2025 and start the tour in 2026, which would be odd now. Their original plan for SJ was like this, we have to note.
Senjutsu was supposed to be released in september 2020 and the tour would've started in 2021, pretty much like every IM album in the past decade.
Coming up with a concept is different from having an entire production based on that concept, especially if they don't even know how the new songs would be. If the new tour will be a new one with a new production then they already commissioned the stage setup.

although they used the SJ stage for only 1 year.
Good point. But again, that one was ready since 2020 and LOTB 2022 was their biggest tour ever in terms of venues and incomes. Pretty long as well.

Hits tour for 2 years again. Possible, why not. The 3rd leg of LOTB was because they had to do it, while the 3rd for ME tour was like an exception. Or why not a hybrid tour again? But with which old album?
I don't think the whole hybrid thing work so well. Honestly I would loved to hear a proper Senjutsu tour instead of TFP. But, leaving my thoughts aside, I don't think they will do it again, this one is just a way to catch up with their plans.

Chord progression, melody, atmosphere; almost everything is incredibly similar. Given the fact that lyrics from that exact song were stolen for Hallowed, it's obvious that the middle section of The Nomad is a glorified cover at best and plagiarized at worst.

A very lazy plagerization too, they could have easily ripped it off but changed the melody and chord progression and kept the atmosphere and pattern of changes and it would have not aroused any suspicion

A very lazy plagerization too, they could have easily ripped it off but changed the melody and chord progression and kept the atmosphere and pattern of changes and it would have not aroused any suspicion
Yeah, there's the saying "good artists borrow, great artists steal" that would apply here. Maiden are great artists and they could've easily played a bit more with the idea to get a more unique result. There is only a limited amount of chords and notes in a key, so at some point it's bound to happen for one song to sound like another. In this case, even though I've always loved the middle section in The Nomad, it didn't do enough to differentiate itself from the source material, in my opinion.

For me it was a deal breaker, I always thought it was a poor song, the weakest on the album but that section was genius. When I found out it was stolen I just couldnt even enjoy that section any more.

Last edited:
For ne it was a deal breaker, I always thought it was a poor song, the weakest on the album but that section was genius. When I found out it was stolen I just couldnt even enjoy that section any more.
I kinda feel the same, to be honest, but with a bit of a different angle. Didn't really much care for the oriental sections in the first and last third. They were neat but nothing spectacular and the lyrics were a bit too generic. I really enjoyed the middle section though and would listen to the song just to get to that part. Once I found out that it was heavily inspired (to be a bit charitable lol) I was quite disappointed and I rarely listen to the song.

Eh, at least there are over a hundred other good songs by the band that don't feature music by other artists that we can enjoy listening to.

I know it's probably reading too much, but Maiden's FB page wished Steve a happy birthday with a photo from SBIT tour (they usually do it with the current tour) and for their #MusicMonday (I don't follow it) they wrote To Tame A Land (''spicy choice, a bit of a ear worm'') with Eddie from the recent comic for this song. Nicko played it with his solo band, we should note that.

I know it's probably reading too much, but Maiden's FB page wished Steve a happy birthday with a photo from SBIT tour (they usually do it with the current tour) and for their #MusicMonday (I don't follow it) they wrote To Tame A Land (''spicy choice, a bit of a ear worm'') with Eddie from the recent comic for this song. Nicko played it with his solo band, we should note that.
So, they could switch a song, more likely "The Time Machine" or "Heaven Can Wait", to bring "To Tame A Land" in the set instead. :)

I think they already posted birthday pics using old photos, but I might be wrong.
To Tame a Land is most likely a reference to the Dune movie. But hey, they used the SIT font on a random Ad post to hint to the Future Past Tour, so who knows.

It's up.

Back