The Future Past Tour 2024

"Anniversary tour" makes me think a very safe set basically like the 80’s hits, the Iron maiden song, Fear of the dark, The wicker man, El dorado, Speed of light and Writing on the wall. I really hope I’m wrong of course:facepalm:

Hope another album with 3-4 new songs, a couple of staples and a few rare/never played songs again!
The whole anniversary thing is pure speculation. They might do something like that but Maiden have never been famous for celebrating their anniversaries.

A perfect "anniversary tour" setlist could be :

1) Aces High
2) 2 Minutes To Midnight
3) The Evil That Men Do
4) Infinite Dreams
5) Can I Play With Madness ?
6) Caught Somewhere In Time
7) Flight Of Icarus
8) Blood Brothers
9) The Number Of The Beast
10) For The Greater Good Of God
11) Powerslave
12) The Trooper
13) Iron Maiden

Encore :

14) Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
15) Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
16) Wasted Years

This is my idea of a "random" tour which could be passed as "50 anniversary".
It's not my favorite setlist but I tried to be more realistic as possible (keeping in mind Nicko's difficulties):

1- The Wicker Man
2- 2 Minutes to Midnight
3- Children of the Damned
4- The Trooper
5- Brave New World
6- 22 Acacia Avenue
7- Powerslave
8- Rime of the Ancient Mariner
9- Bring your Daughter
10- Hallowed be Thy Name
11- The Number of the Beast
12- Iron Maiden

13- Alexander the Great
14- Fear of the Dark
15- Run to The Hills

Considering that Bruce openly stated multiple times that he wants to do SSOASS and Rime again, epics tour is on the cards.

Imagine a setlist with Rime, Alex and SSOASS in it. Add Paschendale, Clansman, Hell On Earth, The Book Of Souls, Hallowed, When The Wild Wind Blows, FTGGOG, FOTD and Phantom and you have a hell of a tour.

Also, if they do epics and do stadiums, I think they could bring a small orchestra with them. It has been a wish by both Bruce and Nicko for a while.
A setlist like that wouldn't work live at all. No breathing room. No sense of pace. And it would be far too long, which would result in very few songs being played. I don't see it.

The last part of the song looks vaguely like to the instrumental part in "The Nomad", but it's not so explicit. I understand that Beckett needs money and thinks that sueing Iron Maiden to get some money is the easiestway to do it instead of getting off their asses and getting back to writing new songs and releasing a new album since 1974.
Chord progression, melody, atmosphere; almost everything is incredibly similar. Given the fact that lyrics from that exact song were stolen for Hallowed, it's obvious that the middle section of The Nomad is a glorified cover at best and plagiarized at worst.

Considering that Bruce openly stated multiple times that he wants to do SSOASS and Rime again, epics tour is on the cards.

Imagine a setlist with Rime, Alex and SSOASS in it. Add Paschendale, Clansman, Hell On Earth, The Book Of Souls, Hallowed, When The Wild Wind Blows, FTGGOG, FOTD and Phantom and you have a hell of a tour.

Also, if they do epics and do stadiums, I think they could bring a small orchestra with them. It has been a wish by both Bruce and Nicko for a while.
A setlist like that wouldn't work live at all. No breathing room. No sense of pace. And it would be far too long, which would result in very few songs being played. I don't see it.

So - exactly! They're playing a stadium tour in Europe next year, probably production is bigger and Iron Maiden uses the one in other parts of the world (especially in Latin America). I don't think they attract masses to the stadiums/festivals playing only deep cuts and epics - No Way! The tour is probably planned to embark on three years in a row, so it'd be the last chance to see Maiden in the original lineup (with Nicko). McBrain will be 75 in 2027!

So - exactly! They're playing a stadium tour in Europe next year, probably production is bigger and Iron Maiden uses the one in other parts of the world (especially in Latin America). I don't think they attract masses to the stadiums/festivals playing only deep cuts and epics - No Way! The tour is probably planned to embark on three years in a row, so it'd be the last chance to see Maiden in the original lineup (with Nicko). McBrain will be 75 in 2027!

Production might be also smaller if it's just one leg of a tour.

He didn't say it's gonna be 3 years of the same thing.
Iron Maiden for many years has been planning everything in a wider perspective if they're working on a brand new project (album, tour, game) it's at least to cover two or three years as historic tours/album tours. I don't think they will tour a brand new project just for one year (2025) only in Europe.

In the latest Talk is Jericho podcast Bruce said people will be happy with what Maiden will do in the next 3 years.
This could mean either a new album (I mean, happy!) or a tour with rare songs (50 years or not, which could continue for 3 years, or for 2; 1 year for a brand new tour will never happen again). The possible hint in the tour video from Bruce and Nicko still makes me think about it. If it's just going to be a long Hits tour with the same classics, that would be understandable now, but also a waste.

Possible scenarios:

2025-2027 - brand new tour for 3 years. Theme? Hits and deep cuts, hybrid tour, just Hits.

2025 - 3rd leg of TFP tour.
2026 - Hits (plus deep cuts) tour.
2027 - Hits (plus deep cuts) tour.
^less likely.

2026 - new album tour.
2027 - new album tour.

Iron Maiden for many years has been planning everything in a wider perspective if they're working on a brand new project (album, tour, game) it's at least to cover two or three years as historic tours/album tours. I don't think they will tour a brand new project just for one year (2025) only in Europe.

Still, it's not necessarly the same thing. They could record an album in 2025, do a short FPT run, release the album and tour it all the way through 2028.

This could mean either a new album (I mean, happy!) or a tour with rare songs (50 years or not, which could continue for 3 years, or for 2; 1 year for a brand new tour will never happen again). The possible hint in the tour video from Bruce and Nicko still makes me think about it. If it's just going to be a long Hits tour with the same classics, that would be understandable now, but also a waste.

Possible scenarios:

2025-2027 - brand new tour for 3 years. Theme? Hits and deep cuts, hybrid tour, just Hits.

2026 - Hits plus deep cuts tour.
2027 - Hits plus deep cuts tour.
^less likely.

2026 - new album tour.
2027 - new album tour.
I think it's more probable that the band will do this :

2024 : 2nd and last leg of Future Past Tour
2025 : festival shows for the 50th anniversary + new album in september + 1st leg of new album tour
2026 : 2nd leg of the new album tour + 1st leg of hits tour
2027 : 2nd leg of hits tour

I think it's more probable that the band will do this :

2024 : 2nd and last leg of Future Past Tour
2025 : festival shows for the 50th anniversary + new album in september + 1st leg of new album tour
2026 : 2nd leg of the new album tour + 1st leg of hits tour
2027 : 2nd leg of hits tour
I'd be like three themes of the touring in consecutive three years: 50 Anni in the EU, the first leg of the new album tour, the second leg of this one in 2026, and then the start of the Hits Tour embracing 2027. Umph, too many changes in the setlist and too many stage props etc. I thing they may announce just one big hits/hybrid tour including some songs from forthcoming brand new album (if they release this one).

-> Bruce makes vague meaningless statement about how Maiden fans will be happy with the next few years

Maidenfans: EPICS TOUR CONFIRMED

Come on people, what is he going to say? “Some fans will be really happy with what we do next but others won’t because there are people who just whine no matter what we do.”

-> Bruce makes vague meaningless statement about how Maiden fans will be happy with the next few years

Maidenfans: EPICS TOUR CONFIRMED

Come on people, what is he going to say? “Some fans will be really happy with what we do next but others won’t because there are people who just whine no matter what we do.”
If an epics tour would be confirmed, I'm quite sure you would be the first to be happy and excited about that. ;)

This is not an epics tour that will be confirmed in the next months, but a new album. :)

There are various options, all valid until we know something more (but at this rate I bet we'll know the 2025 dates before the remaining dates for 2024).

Bruce said the next 3 years we'll make us happy. This doesn't mean they have just one thing planned over that time span.
It all depends if a new album is in the cards for real. So far NOTHING hints at them recording new music (no, they haven't recorded anything in the past years), apart from what could easily be a joke from a Louder Sound's journalist.

Now, knowing the boyz I bet they all want to release some music, but release it also mean they have to tour with it. A complete album cycle would take AT LEAST 3 years, between the recording and the tour. This might clash with other plans they have.

We don't know what Covid took away from us and we don't know if right now they catched up. The SIT celebration surely was planned, as surely it wasn't supposed to happen during the SJ tour. Considering the SJ tour was supposed to happen in 2021 (I also remember Bruce saying it was supposed to be very short), they could have done the SIT celebration in 2022 and maybe 2023, with something new happening from 2024. Looking back at their history, it would have probably been a new album. With everything fucked up, we don't know if their plan will remain the same, mostly because they have a relatively small window to record something new.

They might have scrapped the idea of recording an album and went directly to the next step, who knows. But if they want to do it early next year then the most logical thing to do would be to start the album tour right in 2025. Which is not impossible (look at 2010), but do they have enough time to come up with a concept and make it work for a new stage setup? Unless Steve has already something in mind which he's sure it won't change I doubt it (it would also be weird to come up with the whole artwork and stuff before having recorded the songs).

Now, another likely scenario (or better, one that would make everything work) is a sort of LOTB tour to celebrate their 50th anniversary (I know they don't do that, but it could be an excuse) which would take place in 2025 ONLY, maybe with a new song in the set. Make it short, make it start later in the summer and they have all the time in the world to record the new album and, possibly, release it within the end of the year. The main problem is: we know they're touring stadiums. A stadium show's income is usually enormous, but so are the costs. Even if they keep the production at minimum (which would be weird considering the context) there are still a lot of expenses. Keeping it short: playing just 20/25 dates wouldn't justify the costs. Now, if they don't pay for new props and use mostly old stuff, they could get away with it by touring the new album in 2026 and 2027. Still, I don't think Rod would be too enthusiastic about the idea of earning less money.

At the end, we have the easiest scenario: no new album will be released until the end of 2026, with the next tour being a greatest hits tour which will last 2 years.

Bruce makes vague meaningless statement about how Maiden fans will be happy with the next few years
Why meaningless?
Bruce said the next 3 years we'll make us happy. This doesn't mean they have just one thing planned over that time span.
True.
It all depends if a new album is in the cards for real. So far NOTHING hints at them recording new music (no, they haven't recorded anything in the past years), apart from what could easily be a joke from a Louder Sound's journalist. Now, knowing the boyz I bet they all want to release some music, but release it also mean they have to tour with it. A complete album cycle would take AT LEAST 3 years, between the recording and the tour. This might clash with other plans they have.
We don't know their plans, but if TFP tour will only have 2 legs, then they view it as an album tour and the next tour could very well be Hits, again. If they don't release a new album in the next couple of years, idk when. I think the band (Bruce, Adrian, Janick, Steve I guess) wants to record more new music, the question is when.
The SIT celebration surely was planned, as surely it wasn't supposed to happen during the SJ tour. Considering the SJ tour was supposed to happen in 2021 (I also remember Bruce saying it was supposed to be very short), they could have done the SIT celebration in 2022 and maybe 2023, with something new happening from 2024. Looking back at their history, it would have probably been a new album. With everything fucked up, we don't know if their plan will remain the same, mostly because they have a relatively small window to record something new.
Yes. But we know Maiden don't need a whole year to record an album, they do everything for 3 months (early 2025 or 2026, but it should be a summer release, which they haven't done since BNW). Another factor is that this year is very busy for them and for Bruce right until the last month of it. They haven't done such a tour since 2006. Their schedule is full, for the next 2 years we can assume, so it's up to them to decide.
But if they want to do it early next year then the most logical thing to do would be to start the album tour right in 2025. Which is not impossible (look at 2010), but do they have enough time to come up with a concept and make it work for a new stage setup? Unless Steve has already something in mind which he's sure it won't change I doubt it (it would also be weird to come up with the whole artwork and stuff before having recorded the songs).
They have enough time for a concept. Also they could release the album in 2025 and start the tour in 2026, which would be odd now. Their original plan for SJ was like this, we have to note.
Now, another likely scenario (or better, one that would make everything work) is a sort of LOTB tour to celebrate their 50th anniversary (I know they don't do that, but it could be an excuse) which would take place in 2025 ONLY, maybe with a new song in the set. Make it short, make it start later in the summer and they have all the time in the world to record the new album and, possibly, release it within the end of the year. The main problem is: we know they're touring stadiums. A stadium show's income is usually enormous, but so are the costs. Even if they keep the production at minimum (which would be weird considering the context) there are still a lot of expenses. Keeping it short: playing just 20/25 dates wouldn't justify the costs. Now, if they don't pay for new props and use mostly old stuff, they could get away with it by touring the new album in 2026 and 2027. Still, I don't think Rod would be too enthusiastic about the idea of earning less money.
I highly doubt they would do a new tour for only 1 year now (I wouldn't mind), although they used the SJ stage for only 1 year.
At the end, we have the easiest scenario: no new album will be released until the end of 2026, with the next tour being a greatest hits tour which will last 2 years.
Hits tour for 2 years again. Possible, why not. The 3rd leg of LOTB was because they had to do it, while the 3rd for ME tour was like an exception. Or why not a hybrid tour again? But with which old album? I doubt it tbh, the current tour is unique and needed.

Last edited:
Chord progression, melody, atmosphere; almost everything is incredibly similar. Given the fact that lyrics from that exact song were stolen for Hallowed, it's obvious that the middle section of The Nomad is a glorified cover at best and plagiarized at worst.

Quoted for truth. I was shocked when I first listened to the Beckett album. A nice one it is too.

Back