The Future Past Tour 2024

Problem is, what would you get rid of for Starblind? At least Coming Hkme and Alchemist are an easier trade.
I would personally trade The Wickerman for The Alchemist.

Starblind is harder yeah cause the options that would make the most sense are big favorites of mine (Blood Brothers or Dance Of Death) and Fear Of The Dark or Hallowed Be Thy Name seem unlikely.

Coming Home was one of the songs I was excited for so I wouldn't swap that.

One of my favorite productions on a live album (especially the drum sound) and one of Maiden's best live performances. Imagine if they had played Starblind, Avalon or Alchemist. I really wanted this. Or a SIT song.

It is a shame that was probably the least exciting post-reunion setlist with the exception of the new songs. I definitely chose the wrong tour to see the band live 5 times! :lol:

Thankfully, I had managed to see them 3 times on the 2010 leg, which was much more exciting.

I’d dare say it would have been more correct to do an SiT song than Evil Men Do.
I wouldn't say that. The Evil That Men Do is one of the band's best singles. But yeah, a SIT song would have been very fitting for the tour's theme... but so was Futureal for the current tour...
Problem is, what would you get rid of for Starblind? At least Coming Hkme and Alchemist are an easier trade.
TFF songs remain the same. Pick one between Starblind and Avalon, and replace maybe Blood Brothers (only because it was played on the next tour). Add Alchemist as the 17th song in the setlist (the next tour had 17-songs set) or replace Evil That Men Do with it, given the next tour's concept.
Stranger In A Strange Land would have been great for this tour.
It is a shame that was probably the least exciting post-reunion setlist with the exception of the new songs. I definitely chose the wrong tour to see the band live 5 times! :lol:

Thankfully, I had managed to see them 3 times on the 2010 leg, which was much more exciting.
I really like the setlist, but I kind of agree (for the ME tour more imo). I think they added most of the hits because of the 2010 tour idea. You have seen 5 great live performances. A live concert from the 2010 tour is still a big missed opportunity (a double live DVD!), great setlist, great backdrops, great performances. I even wanted all of the songs to be from the Reunion albums, without the 5 staples (only ''Iron Maiden''). That's an idea for a next Hits tour, but I doubt they'd do it tbh.

Last edited:
I really like the setlist, but I kind of agree (for the ME tour more imo). I think they added most of the hits because of the 2010 tour idea. You have seen 5 great live performances. A live concert from the 2010 tour is still a big missed opportunity (a double live DVD!), great setlist, great backdrops, great performances. I even wanted all of the songs to be from the Reunion albums, without the 5 staples (only ''Iron Maiden''). That's an idea for a next Hits tour, but I doubt they'd do it tbh.

Not so sure about having seen 5 great performances. Bruce’s voice was shot by the time they came to the UK. :(

Yeah I remember him being done by the O2. He admits this in his book. Great set list though. I loved the title track as an opener.

The setlist was a disappointment to me, not for the new songs (they were great), but for the choice of material from the back catalogue. Bruce struggling so much did not make it any better.

I was glad to see Bruce’s voice had recovered when I went to see him with Ian Anderson at Canterbury Cathedral at the end of the year. To this date, still one of the best things I have witnessed live!

The setlist was a disappointment to me, not for the new songs (they were great), but for the choice of material from the back catalogue. Bruce struggling so much did not make it any better.

I was glad to see Bruce’s voice had recovered when I went to see him with Ian Anderson at Canterbury Cathedral at the end of the year. To this date, still one of the best things I have witnessed live!

I’m very jealous about the fact you got to see that show!

The only thing I was disappointed about in 2011 was 2MTM. I thought it was over played at that point. It had been on the set pretty much continuously since 2006. I really enjoyed the other songs. Plus I got to hear Wicker Man, Dance of Death and Blood Brothers for the first time!

To be honest, I should have gone to see them in 2010 at Sonisphere. I had just graduated and I was too poor!

I know that the dates are not confirm except for chile in SA but i need to program my holydays for 2024 (job) and im planning to attend to mexico show. Come on ! If we figure out all the iron maiden signs and hidden tricks in the covers... can you help me? Im think from texas they will go to mexico son it could be 20 nov? But im not sure. Maybe for december? But december looks more for argentina chile and brazil

I know that the dates are not confirm except for chile in SA but i need to program my holydays for 2024 (job) and im planning to attend to mexico show. Come on ! If we figure out all the iron maiden signs and hidden tricks in the covers... can you help me? Im think from texas they will go to mexico son it could be 20 nov? But im not sure. Maybe for december? But december looks more for argentina chile and brazil
Its a solid-guess that they'll drop straight into Mexico after Texas and get set-up for their run down to Chile.

here you go

With each day passing, the chances are getting slimmer that Maiden will play in Europe next year. But it would be quite weird to play Alexander and not play it in Greece + other countries that they didn't visit this year.

Maybe they will wait for Bruce's Euro shows to sell better and then announce, although the gap between Bruce's last show and Maiden's first in 2024 is very small.

I think they will return to Europe in 2025 with Future Past tour, but with 1 new song from hopefully new album (that they hopefully Will record in early 2025). So it would be indeed Future (new song) Past (SiT and Senjutsu - which would be 4 years old by that point) tour

As much I think this tour has been a gift for Maiden fans, I really do not want it to extend past 2024.
Same. Time is flying for the band, and eating up their remaining years with three year tours is probably financially the best choice for them, but a lot of us would prefer they mine the creative juices that are still in the tank for more albums, which is NOT financially the best choice for them, unfortunately. :confused:

I'm not even *that* bothered about a new album, I'd much prefer them to spend what years they have left on the road focusing on songs that haven't seen the light of day for years. The tours since 2016 has shown that there's an appetite for songs that are not the usual suspects.

Last edited:
Back