The Future Past Tour 2024

It could be that he only will play this show in Germany, but not necessarily.
The announcement just says he won't play at other German festivals.

My translation:
"...BRUCE DICKINSON will headline one of the ROCKHARZ days with his only German festival show!

The singer of IRON MAIDEN will thus return to the stages solo after almost 20 years and with his new album "The Mandrake Project". One of them will be our ROCKSTAGE! We are infinitely proud and happy that the ROCKHARZ has been chosen as the only German festival for this show! SCREAM FOR BRUCE, ROCKHARZ!"

It could be that he only will play this show in Germany, but not necessarily.
The announcement just says he won't play at other German festivals.

My translation:
"...BRUCE DICKINSON will headline one of the ROCKHARZ days with his only German festival show!

The singer of IRON MAIDEN will thus return to the stages solo after almost 20 years and with his new album "The Mandrake Project". One of them will be our ROCKSTAGE! We are infinitely proud and happy that the ROCKHARZ has been chosen as the only German festival for this show! SCREAM FOR BRUCE, ROCKHARZ!"

Yeah, at this point it could go either way, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Festivals are good for Bruxit’s ego. He is probably getting paid a nice fee to be there, the pressure is not on him to sell the tickets, and he is likely to get a bigger crowd than playing solo shows in theatres and mid-sized venues.
It's not like Bruce (or his solo music) doesn't deserve to play to bigger crowds. He said he likes such shows, which is normal. I think there should be arena/venue shows in Europe as well (not like in SA though). Bruce is a big name in metal and there is a hunger for his solo tours and albums.
Fuck sake, the only UK date is going to be Download isn't it?
If so, we have a chance for some pro-shot videos, but it would be odd.

Last edited:
I think there should be arena shows in Europe as well.
If you don't play arenas in SA, there is no chance in hell you play them in Europe.

Bruce right now is probably a 1000-3000 venue capacity act in Europe and 500-1000 in the US (probably won't tour there because of it).

You can't expect to sell out a sports arena, after you did fuck all live in the last 21 years.

If you don't play arenas in SA, there is no chance in hell you play them in Europe.

Bruce right now is probably a 1000-3000 venue capacity act in Europe and 500-1000 in the US (probably won't tour there because of it).

You can't expect to sell out a sports arena, after you did fuck all live in the last 21 years.

The voice of reason!

How exciting, another festival!
:applause:Imo, You have the best sense of humour on this forum. Noticed it many times. Hidden, innocent eyes and I wasn't kidding at all type humour (I am sure there is a proper definition for this type in English. Tongue in cheek?) :D

Last edited:
:applause:Imo, You have the best sense of humour on this forum. Noticed it many times. Hidden, innocent eyes and I wasn't kidding at all type humour (I am sure there is a proper definition for this type in English. Tongue in cheek?) :D

Thanks for the kind words. I can be pretty sarcastic at times and definitely post with tongue firmly in cheek at times. :)

Bruce's ego is big enough to think "I'm the singer of Maiden" Surly that equates to being able to play mid sized arenas if Maiden fans brought tickets and supported him. but obviously it doesnt work that way aha.

I also can't see Bruce ever doing dates in NA he doesn't seem interested in playing clubs or theaters. He would rather do a festival headlining smaller stages than bother with that.

I'm not expecting Bruce to do shows in the US but then I never thought he would do his spoken word tour in the the US. He did the Tabernacle in Atlanta and that place has a capacity of 2600. I don't think it's out of the question to hit some of the major markets over here and make it worthwhile. He surely would do better than British Lion over here.

I'm not expecting Bruce to do shows in the US but then I never thought he would do his spoken word tour in the the US. He did the Tabernacle in Atlanta and that place has a capacity of 2600. I don't think it's out of the question to hit some of the major markets over here and make it worthwhile. He surely would do better than British Lion over here.
It's pretty much a sure thing he would pull far bigger numbers than British Lion no matter where he played in the world, the Mandrake Project will outsell anything BL has released combined.
If there was any small hope of NA dates I could see some in California before the Mexican shows.

It's almost a given solo records by a band's vocalist will always do better than those of other members. Immediate familiarity is there. Bruce has done a variety of music on his own but some definitely sound like they could easily be Maiden songs (and were, lol)

Last edited:
Back