The Future Past Tour 2024

I haven't really been watching much tour footage, so this Wacken stuff is cool.

- I love Janick's lead over the ending of SIASL.
- Bruce sounds absolutely phenomenal on SIASL. It's a shocker they haven't played this more recently, it's absolutely perfectly suited to his voice at this age.
- Bruce sounds markedly less good on WOTW. His tomfoolery with the camera is pretty fun, though.
- I never noticed the alternating line Janick is playing during the intro of Days of Future Past. Is that on the record? Sounds cool, but sloppy.
- Bruce is also really strained on DOFP. Why isn't he writing easier songs for himself? I don't get it. The song as a whole sounds really sloppy live. Almost like everyone is playing in a different rhythm.
- Can I Play With Mixing? Give me the sense to fiddle, to fiddle with the knobs. Give me the sense to fuck the sound up. Holy hell, this is awful. Had to skip it. Why was this included?
- I love how this is collection is so Adrian Smith focused.

- Bruce is also really strained on DOFP. Why isn't he writing easier songs for himself? I don't get it. The song as a whole sounds really sloppy live. Almost like everyone is playing in a different rhythm.
Mostly ego. Funnily enough Senjutsu as an album has a ton of mid range vocal lines, but they are almost exclusively written by Steve this time around, while Bruce's contributions have him reaching, straining and stretching his range far more.

Second Show added to São Paulo due to overwhelming demand

View attachment 32511
The schedule for next year is getting more and more demanding.
@19:36 I love when Nicko inserts those random double single kicks.

Also yeah, it’s incredible how bad Can I Play With Madness sounds. Seriously how is that shite sound allowed to be released?
Nicko's kicks and fills are classic. Agreed about the audio of CIPWM.
I love Janick's lead over the ending of SIASL.
Bruce sounds absolutely phenomenal on SIASL.
I agree.
I never noticed the alternating line Janick is playing during the intro of Days of Future Past. Is that on the record? Sounds cool, but sloppy.
Most likely yes. As for the live performance of it, the mix is bad.
Bruce is also really strained on DOFP. Why isn't he writing easier songs for himself? I don't get it.
Mostly ego. Funnily enough Senjutsu as an album has a ton of mid range vocal lines, but they are almost exclusively written by Steve this time around, while Bruce's contributions have him reaching, straining and stretching his range far more.
This is his signature style. That's it. And he can still do it. He admits this about Steve's songs on SJ (he also said he wants to use more of his mid range vocals on the solo album, if I'm not mistaken) and he's happy with it, but I doubt he wants to sing most of the songs on an album without his high vocals. Ragnarok is an example of this, although I think he added such a pre-chorus to make the song more dramatic.

Fixed it for you.

I am afraid that the same crass jokes and silly comments will be part of the show in 2024 though.
My biggest hope for 2024 is that GhostofCain stops his comments on Bruce each and every time he has the slightest opportunity to...it becomes really tiresome and really childish...time to move on don't you think?
But you can't help yourself, can't you?

I know that most of You, Maidenfans, don't like him, but Metal Pilgrim has said in his most recent video about Maiden that the band could skip these songs on the next leg of the FP tour and replace them with some other tracks, I agree with him on this point.

IMO, the two SIT tracks could be replaced by "Sea Of Madness" and "Deja Vu", the two Senjutsu songs by "Lost In A Lost World" and "Darkest Hour" and "Can I Play With Madness" with "The Prophecy", "Moonchild" or "The Clairvoyant". Added to the fact that the Wacken show has been filmed and that will be one of the festival shows along with Rock In Rio 2024 that could end on a DVD/Blu Ray/live CD in 2025.

My biggest hope for 2024 is that GhostofCain stops his comments on Bruce each and every time he has the slightest opportunity to...it becomes really tiresome and really childish...time to move on don't you think?
But you can't help yourself, can't you?
Ah_Shit%2C_Here_We_Go_Again.jpg

I know that most of You, Maidenfans, don't like him, but Metal Pilgrim has said in his most recent video about Maiden that the band could skip these songs on the next leg of the FP tour and replace them with some other tracks, I agree with him on this point.

IMO, the two SIT tracks could be replaced by "Sea Of Madness" and "Deja Vu", the two Senjutsu songs by "Lost In A Lost World" and "Darkest Hour" and "Can I Play With Madness" with "The Prophecy", "Moonchild" or "The Clairvoyant". Added to the fact that the Wacken show has been filmed and that will be one of the festival shows along with Rock In Rio 2024 that could end on a DVD/Blu Ray/live CD in 2025.
So, which SIT tracks?

CSIT? The opener? No.
SIASL? The track that some of the band wanted to play for ages and features Eastwood Eddie? No.
HCW? The song with the most props? No.
ATG? The song that fans were begging for for decades? No.
Wasted Years? The almost perfect show closer? No.

His points are pretty much worthless. There is more chance that they switch a Senjutsu song than SIT song.

I haven't really been watching much tour footage, so this Wacken stuff is cool.

- I love Janick's lead over the ending of SIASL.
- Bruce sounds absolutely phenomenal on SIASL. It's a shocker they haven't played this more recently, it's absolutely perfectly suited to his voice at this age.
- Bruce sounds markedly less good on WOTW. His tomfoolery with the camera is pretty fun, though.
- I never noticed the alternating line Janick is playing during the intro of Days of Future Past. Is that on the record? Sounds cool, but sloppy.
- Can I Play With Mixing? Give me the sense to fiddle, to fiddle with the knobs. Give me the sense to fuck the sound up. Holy hell, this is awful. Had to skip it. Why was this included?
- I love how this is collection is so Adrian Smith focused.

I would argue that Bruce’s singing during the tour was great, with some outstanding nights. Way better than in 2019 and 2022. Sure, he sounded strained on Days of Future Past, but the fact that he can still sing at that level is remarkable.

It's basically impossible for any of the SIT tracks to be changed. Furthermore, Maiden would never change so many of the songs between legs, especially not by including even more deep cuts and never before played songs. It's pure fantasy and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Back