The Future Past Tour 2024

It's time for SSOASS in its entirety.
After the ME tour? I highly doubt it. They had a chance in 2012. And the vocals of Prophecy are not for live performances. Just play Infinite Dreams and Only The Good Die Young (plus Clairvoyant... or tt) and it's enough for me. Songs like the title track, Moonchild and Evil That Men Do are not easy songs for Nicko (and Bruce) and probably won't sound right simplified, like some other songs.

I'd say: it's time for a Deep cuts tour!
I doubt they will play the Future Past tour for a third leg in 25. Legacy was the exception. Maiden dont do three legs of a tour. Something new will happen in 25 I believe
I hope so, but if they have the same plan as for the original release of SJ, then a 3rd European leg is possible. Probably with some changes in the set. Playing songs from the new album 4 years in a row would be something.
There are two sentences that are quite intriguing but very clear about the next step for Iron Maiden.

"Looks To The Future (Past)" is very oriented on the future not really about the 2023/2024 tour
^Yeah, I think it's a ''hint'' for the next tour. I would love to be for a new album (/song), but I doubt it.
Bringing Caught, Alexander and Stranger back to life can only be topped by a revival of Infinite Dreams and Only the good die young. At least for me.
Infinite Dreams, To Tame A Land, Only The Good Die Young sounds great (especially the latter two). But I have so many other more favorite songs, especially from the Reunion era. Like Parchment! Not to mention the 90's; or SIT album. I'm always up for (most of) the never played live songs.
My wish list:
Parchment
Darkest Hour/Lost In A Lost World
Empire Of The Clouds
Shadows Of The Valley
When The River Runs Deep (not mandatory)
Starblind
Isle Of Avalon
The Alchemist
Lord Of Light
The Pilgrim/Different World (not mandatory)
Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
These Colours Don't Run
Montsegur (not mandatory)
Rainmaker
The Thin Line Between Love And Hate
Out Of The Silent Planet
The Fallen Angel
Dream Of Mirrors
Brave New World
Ghost Of The Navigator
------------------------------------------------------
Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger
When Two Worlds Collide
Futureal
Blood On The World's Hands
The Edge Of Darkness
Judgement Of Heaven
Look For The Truth
Lord Of The Flies
Judas Be My Guide
Wasting Love
Childhood's End
Be Quick Or Be Dead
Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter
No Prayer For The Dying
Tailgunner
------------------------------------------------------
Only The Good Die Young
The Clairvoyant (not mandatory)
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
Infinite Dreams
Deja-Vu
The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner
Sea Of Madness
Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
The Duellists (not mandatory)
To Tame A Land
Sun And Steel (not mandatory; the chorus will be better live now)
Still Life
22 Acacia Avenue (not mandatory)
Prodigal Son (out of curiosity)
Killers
Phantom Of The Opera (not mandatory)
Prowler

Imagine the backdrops to some of these songs!
Lol, but that's the strength of Maiden's discography... and their habit of not rotating the setlists more often over the years. :)

Imo the only way they can top what they’re doing now in terms of fan service is playing a whole album live. Seventh Son is the only contender that makes sense. They’re not going to play Invaders or Gangland live and To Tame a Land is less likely than an unplayed Seventh Son song imo. Infinite Dreams, The Prophecy, Only the Good Die Young each seem much more doable than any deep cuts on Powerslave for where Bruce and Nicko are particularly.

Maiden England tour was over a decade ago, it won’t be that weird if they do another Seventh Son themed tour.

Imo the only way they can top what they’re doing now in terms of fan service is playing a whole album live. Seventh Son is the only contender that makes sense. They’re not going to play Invaders or Gangland live and To Tame a Land is less likely than an unplayed Seventh Son song imo. Infinite Dreams, The Prophecy, Only the Good Die Young each seem much more doable than any deep cuts on Powerslave for where Bruce and Nicko are particularly.

Hear, hear!

Remember when the FC Magazine... eh, kind of teased the Seventh Son Eddie in late 2017/early 2018? :D

"We hope it won’t be another 25 years until we see him on stage again."

MaidenRevelations also mentioned that in their Legacy of the Beast predictions.

So who knows... ;)

Seriously speaking though, I think some of the big 80's songs that have been played sparingly might indeed return for the last handful of tours have left. A full album or not, the often mentioned Seventh Son cuts being among them and Powerslave seems like a song that might still have at least one setlist inclusion ahead.

But as for 2024, I expect zero chances to the set.

(The 2024 addition above is just me desperately trying to pose as a "YEAH I'M STAYING ON TOPIC!!!)

Maiden England tour was over a decade ago, it won’t be that weird if they do another Seventh Son themed tour.
Imo they can only top the current tour only with a Deep cuts set. Seventh Son is indeed the most logical contender, but Maiden don't do that. And they won't use such a stage set again. The album has 2 deep cuts that fans want a lot. As for To Tame A Land, it's very possible since Nicko played it - but only if Bruce agrees to sing it. He will prefer the Seventh Son stuff methinks.

Is anyone here in the fanclub and able to give more context to the quote?

They're discussing Alexander being in the set, and he says "You get something like Alexander the Great being requested for for 40 Years, and so it's like "Well, what gem might be next?", end paragraph.

Think it's a throwaway comment I wouldn't read anymore into it than that.

He also mentions that he wanted to do the Parchment, and says Bruce wanted the Time Machine and Days of Future Past, and then he says Death of the Celts was a great move, and implies that they couldn't do both Celts and Parchment because they both have long instrumental sections, as does Hell on Earth.

They're discussing Alexander being in the set, and he says "You get something like Alexander the Great being requested for for 40 Years, and so it's like "Well, what gem might be next?", end paragraph.

He also mentions that he wanted to do the Parchment, and says Bruce wanted the Time Machine and Days of Future Past, and then he says Death of the Celts was a great move, and implies that they couldn't do both Celts and Parchment because they both have long instrumental sections, as does Hell on Earth.

Thanks for the information.

Thanks for sharing.
I think they always would have played Days. Time Machine was also expected because of the instrumental section. It seems Nicko loves to play Celts, so no chance for Parchment. 2 out of 4 epics (btw, Lost World is the most challenging for Bruce) is normal. It's his favorite song from the album along with Darkest Hour, and the latter could have a chance for a potential 3rd leg. I understand that Celts is a more live-ready song, but I'm really curious why Bruce chose it since he said he likes Parchment and Hell On Earth the most from the epics. He even said he is surprised about the former because of the repetition, but his recent songs have ''a lot'' of repetitive parts. I thought it's because of the amount of lyrics, but that doesn't sound too convincing.

I wonder if there is any song chosen by Steve in the set?

Last edited:
I would love to hear The Parchment but I think Bruce might have to break down and send Rob Halford a note of apology because he might need a teleprompter to be able to sing it.

As an aside, I noticed they had teleprompters all over the stage for the most recent Aerosmith shows.

Last edited:
btw, Lost World is the most challenging for Bruce) is normal.
Huh, that's surprising. Is that according to Bruce in some interview or your opinion? The chorus is quite high, but more than half of the song is in Bruce's lower register. In fact, some of the lowest passages on the album. HOE is arguably just as difficult to sing; DOTC and TP have more lyrics to remember, so I don't quite follow why LIALW should be the most challenging for Bruce.

Imo they can only top the current tour only with a Deep cuts set. Seventh Son is indeed the most logical contender, but Maiden don't do that. And they won't use such a stage set again. The album has 2 deep cuts that fans want a lot. As for To Tame A Land, it's very possible since Nicko played it - but only if Bruce agrees to sing it. He will prefer the Seventh Son stuff methinks.
It’s tough to gauge because The Future Past tour is both a new album tour AND a deep cuts tour. The next tour theme will no doubt be a greatest hits set. If they chose to do something like SSOASS live, that’d be awesome IMO, but no doubt the rest of the set would only be classic hits and a couple token reunion songs.

It’s tough to gauge because The Future Past tour is both a new album tour AND a deep cuts tour. The next tour theme will no doubt be a greatest hits set. If they chose to do something like SSOASS live, that’d be awesome IMO, but no doubt the rest of the set would only be classic hits and a couple token reunion songs.
It's logical to follow-up this unique tour with a Hits tour, but again the same (more or less) old classics for 2/3 years... idk. Classics + deep cuts would be better. But what if it's a 50 years celebration?
I think the current formula is great for a future tour - it can be the same (new album and another album) or two old albums. There are candidates: POM, SSOASS, BNW. Powerslave too, or even AMOLAD. The ones that need a video release are 1983 (1984 with more deep cuts) and 2006. Or that way they can mix some songs from the early 90's (combined number from both albums), if they want. This is the only ''task'' the Reunion lineup has yet to accomplish.

I haven't bothered to keep count, but it looks like this is the third one.

Thanks. I seem to remember my last mag being #120, which I had to buy to add to my collection of physical FC mags (I keep all of them, from 1999 to 2022).

Last edited:
The Wacken 2023 stream, was it now the full show or selected songs?
Is it available anywhere in pristine quality?
Thanks for helping if you can.
The stream was only made of 5 songs ("Stranger In A Strange land", "The Writing On The Wall", "Days Of Future Past", "Can I Play With Madness ?", "Wasted Years") and some interviews with Bruce Dickinson, Nicko McBrain, Steve Harris, Adrian Smith and Rod Smallwood. Nothing very exciting. But, it was a pleasure to see pro-shots of this show.

The stream was only made of 5 songs ("Stranger In A Strange land", "The Writing On The Wall", "Days Of Future Past", "Can I Play With Madness ?", "Wasted Years") and some interviews with Bruce Dickinson, Nicko McBrain, Steve Harris, Adrian Smith and Rod Smallwood. Nothing very exciting. But, it was a pleasure to see pro-shots of this show.
So the ones in youtube are the best around? Haven't checked any of them.
Is there one video with all the live stuff and interviews?

Back