The Future Past Tour 2024

Some Tokyo videos from today. ''Iron Maiden'' in Japan. Fun times. I think these are some of the best performances tempo-wise! Trooper! The band was lively, Samurai Eddie too. :rocker: :) Some transitions will be rough.

Bruce continues to say ''see you somewhere back in time'' and for this show: ''and maybe somewhere in the future''.

Ok, so my brother just said someone he knows is in Japan, Maiden fan, picked up an original Japanese Powerslave.

Try and beat this: my brother and his partner were in Japan in 2011, had tickets to see the band, and landed in the country hours before the massive earthquake and subsequent tsunami… I don’t think they managed to get any albums with obi strips!

Damn, Nicko played great in Tokyo. Fear Of The Dark only misses a few crashes in the middle part. And he isn't avoiding the hi-hat patterns.
Nicko started playing this year like he was in mid-june/july last year, probably now he's at his best post-stroke.

Damn, Nicko played great in Tokyo. Fear Of The Dark only misses a few crashes in the middle part. And he isn't avoiding the hi-hat patterns.
Great is a pretty relative term because to me, his biggest issue is still the complete lack of groove. His playing, while on time, is just so unbearably stiff and clunky in sections like that which require a bit of bounce and looseness that it's hard to listen to. Not his fault of course, but man it sucks to hear your favorite drummer struggle so badly with something so basic.

Meanwhile, something far more demanding and uptempo like CSiT I can honestly say sounds much better to my ears, even with the simplified parts and missing fills and cymbal accents. It's so strange honestly, you'd think it'd be the other way around.

Great is a pretty relative term because to me, his biggest issue is still the complete lack of groove. His playing, while on time, is just so unbearably stiff and clunky in sections like that which require a bit of bounce and looseness that it's hard to listen to. Not his fault of course, but man it sucks to hear your favorite drummer struggle so badly with something so basic.

Meanwhile, something far more demanding and uptempo like CSiT I can honestly say sounds much better to my ears, even with the simplified parts and missing fills and cymbal accents. It's so strange honestly, you'd think it'd be the other way around.
Great is meant relatively, in this case, referring to his other post-stroke performances. Of course, he is still far off his pre-stroke performances, which is understandable. But, if Nicko keeps improving like this, I think he can tackle songs like Rime and Phantom next year pretty good.

I have a feeling like he is restraining himself, because of his right arm stiffness, he knows that he can fuck up the tempo at any moment.

Maybe the issue is not just physical, but also psyhological, because he did the equialent of relearning to ride a bike again with his right arm. I know it would be really hard to trust my body after going through something like this. But he is slowly gaining trust in his body again IMO.

Back