The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
4367381.jpg

Chances are Maiden hasn't even started rehearsals yet, they probably don't even know what the final setlist is.
Maybe not the final setlist, but they definitely have a selection of songs they will choose from. If I had to guess, I would guess the setlist was decided before the LOTB tour was finished.

I think Senjutsu will be dropped, because they played it already and did not get overwhelming response. Stratego likely will be dropped too. Excuse: other great songs from a new album was not played live.
TWOTW
Time Machine
Days of Future Past
The Parchment
Hell On Earth

The Parchment is the most questionable. I would love to hear and see Lost In A Lost World.

Hell on Earth would be brilliant, but I'd wonder at what point in the set it would be played. Would be weird if it was too early or even mid way. It would work more as a closing song before the encore...but this is rare as that's always reserved for FOTD and Iron Maiden. And almight sit oddly in the encore selection.
It could work everywhere, but I think because of its long intro (without singing) & especially outro, it would be best in the middle of the set - like WTWWB (a song with a similar structure). The centerpiece of the setlist, maybe along with ATG (if it's not played in the encores). Parchment could be an early epic in the set like TRATB.
I think Senjutsu will be dropped, because they played it already and did not get overwhelming response. Stratego likely will be dropped too. Excuse: other great songs from a new album was not played live.
TWOTW
Time Machine
Days of Future Past
The Parchment
Hell On Earth

The Parchment is the most questionable. I would love to hear and see Lost In A Lost World.
I agree about the reasons for Senjutsu & Stratego. They basically don't need the title track because the tour is not called ''Senjutsu'' and because they will use a new stage set.

I don't think Parchment is questionable. It's a fan favorite from the album and from Steve's epics (along with Hell On Earth) and will be a much needed break for Bruce in what will be a difficult setlist (just like TRATB ). And I doubt they won't play a song with 6 solos live.
LIALW is more vocally demanding than it or DOTC (maybe they won't play it becasue they think it's too similar to Clansman that was played on the last tour?) and it's not a fan favorite. Of course they can play another new song in 2024 - I think Adrian will want to play Darkest Hour live (that solo!) and he won't even need the double neck or the acoustic guitar. Probably in place of Time Machine, I guess. Lost World and Celts - too many epics in a setlist, unfortunately. I would have loved to hear the whole album live.

And Time Machine will be played. It has to be, since it fits perfectly and Bruce already talked about it.
Yes. As Adrian had said in an interview before TBOS tour about Death Or Glory: ''some songs pick themselves'' - and I think Time Machine is another example of that.
Senjutsu and Stratego are likely to be dropped according to interviews after LOTB.
Especially this statement from Steve: ''It will also be particularly satisfying to finally get to play some of the more epic tracks on Senjutsu, it's been a long wait!''

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back