The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know at what time Iron Maiden normally announces what band will support them on their next tour?

For the Legacy '22 tour (at least here in The Netherlands) it has never been 'officially' announced whch band(s) were going to be the support. My ticket even said 'Support act: Airbourne' even though it was Airbourne AND Lord of the Lost. Ticketmaster was very vague on that subject last year. Legacy was my first Maiden concert so I have no idea how this went with other tours.

I still want Helloween to join Maiden on their Future Past tour. Would be great!

Does anyone know at what time Iron Maiden normally announces what band will support them on their next tour?

For the Legacy '22 tour (at least here in The Netherlands) it has never been 'officially' announced whch band(s) were going to be the support. My ticket even said 'Support act: Airbourne' even though it was Airbourne AND Lord of the Lost. Ticketmaster was very vague on that subject last year. Legacy was my first Maiden concert so I have no idea how this went with other tours.

I still want Helloween to join Maiden on their Future Past tour. Would be great!
I think generally support is announced when tickets go on sale. You can filter the news by year on ironmaiden.com and check the tour announcements.

As I said previously on this thread I'm hoping that it hasn't been announced yet because they have some arrangement to take Judas Priest on tour if the Ozzy dates are cancelled again.

As I said previously on this thread I'm hoping that it hasn't been announced yet because they have some arrangement to take Judas Priest on tour if the Ozzy dates are cancelled again.
What are the chances that the Ozzy dates get cancelled again? Legitimate question, as I know zero to nothing about Ozzy.

It would be a dream to have Judas Priest join Maiden on their Future Past tour!

What are the chances that the Ozzy dates get cancelled again? Legitimate question, as I know zero to nothing about Ozzy.

It would be a dream to have Judas Priest join Maiden on their Future Past tour!
Ozzy is in really poor health, the closest thing to a live performance he has done in years was a two song set at the Commonwealth Games where he could only stand up supported by a frame and was clearly miming, it's 99% certain his tour won't go ahead.

I don't think Priest would go on tour with Maiden as a support band though, I only think they'd agree to it as a co-headline (even though Maiden would certainly be closing the show every night).

As for the Ozzy camp (aka Sharon) releasing Priest from their contract so Maiden can snap them up, dream on!

in 1990 the support band (Anthrax) was named on the ticket.
I don't know if it has anything to do with the size of the band and how big they are at that moment but Lord of the Lost wasn't mentioned on my ticket for the Legacy tour in 2022 which I thought was really strange.

And to be fair Anthrax was at their peak in 1990 with the release of 'Persistence of Time' in that year and the release of 'State of Euphoria' and 'Among the Living' 2 and 3 years before that. So I don't find it strange tha they were named on the tickets.

I think demand for this tour has far exceeded expectations especially from a promoters stance. Arenas in many of these cities are far too small and being snapped up almost immediately so they are wanting a second show.

In reality this could have easily been a stadium run again to lessen the demand but as i mentioned i think it was more than likely promoters taking the cautious approach as the band had just come off a stadium tour. Now realising they fu**ed up and now want a second show aha

Thank god they will play arenas, not stadiums. Maiden indoors is much more powerful experience.
100% agree i don't have an interest in seeing them in a stadium and always book the closest arena show ... but talking from a promoters stance they would be wishing they booked stadiums now the demand for this band is huge arenas are too small now aha

I think demand for this tour has far exceeded expectations especially from a promoters stance. Arenas in many of these cities are far too small and being snapped up almost immediately so they are wanting a second show.

It hasn't. Those second dates were always in the itinerary waiting to be announced shortly after tickets for the first date become scarce. You end up having a lot of the same people attending both gigs.

100% agree i don't have an interest in seeing them in a stadium and always book the closest arena show ... but talking from a promoters stance they would be wishing they booked stadiums now the demand for this band is huge arenas are too small now aha

If Maiden had wanted the tour to take place in even bigger venues, they would surely have discussed this with the promoters. The new combo of new material + nostalgia from the 80s probably has more pull than just new album material itself, but the band wanted to tour arenas instead.

On a related note, shouldn't the tour be called The Recent Past and Distant Past tour given that Senjutsu will be 4 years old by the time the hit the stage in Slovenia? :lol:

Last edited:
I think there's an element of good publicity that comes from adding a second date due to 'phenomenal demand' when this demand was probably expected all along as well. It's a better look to say we sold out the 15k arena twice over than we sold 30k tickets in the 35k stadium. The band probably don't care about that but I'd wager Rod might!

So it seems only show now for Maiden to announce is Hellfest. Or do you think there's some other places they could play?

So it seems only show now for Maiden to announce is Hellfest. Or do you think there's some other places they could play?
I'm waiting for them to announce a second Sweden date. They played Sweden Rock at Legacy of the Beast tour, but they added a Stockholm date a couple of months after the announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back