The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Close but no. The Final Frontier Tour wasn't marketed as such. There were still 8 pre 2000 songs in the setlist, a dedicated Reunion tour shouldn't have more than 4.
I believe POTO was referring to the 2010 leg which had 6 classics. Given the popularity of the classic era and having 3 classics in the encores seems pretty fair for a reunion era dedicated tour for a legacy tour. Especially with 10/13 main set songs being new songs, and 1 of those 3 is the bands eponymous track.

Close but no. The Final Frontier Tour wasn't marketed as such. There were still 8 pre 2000 songs in the setlist, a dedicated Reunion tour shouldn't have more than 4.
Does it matter what it was marketed as? Look at the songs they played. The main focus was 2000-2006. Maiden England was based on the Maiden England VHS but less than 2/3 of the setlist was on that release!

And that last bit is something you made up.

The mix of nostalgia and new material tours has been a great idea.
I agree. The best decision. Although we could have more new albums if it wasn't for these tours.

The hybrid tour next year is also a great idea in that department, although you are required to play 4/5 songs from the classic album along with songs from the new album and other old classics. And you have to choose which stage set to use (for the new album or for the classic album... it's for the new album in 99% of the cases) - btw, if Maiden didn't reveal the Senjutsu stage this year (this was a consequence of the recent events and because LOTB tour included ''interlocking worlds''), maybe the futuristic stage wouldn't be used.
Yes big time, though not on new albums sales,
Their new albums sales are pretty good, especially compared with most of their peers.
I believe POTO was referring to the 2010 leg which had 6 classics. Given the popularity of the classic era and having 3 classics in the encores seems pretty fair for a reunion era dedicated tour for a legacy tour. Especially with 10/13 main set songs being new songs, and 1 of those 3 is the bands eponymous track.
Yes. It was a strange choice of time period for this kind of a tour (for me TFF album has only 1 proper leg of a tour) and especially because it was at the expense of more new songs from TFF album. They could have done the 2010 tour in 2014 (the 3rd leg of ME tour was pointless, since there weren't many changes and surprises in the setlist), for example. And why the tour was still called ''The Final Frontier'' is strange too, since it was clearly a celebration of the Reunion era? I wish they had used a different and unique stage set too.

It would be great if they do a proper Reunion era tour in the future (with 6 albums so far, with its own name and stage set and only playing ''Iron Maiden''). Such a tour have a better chance than a 90's era tour.

Does it matter what it was marketed as?

Huge difference. A proper Reunion Tour should be stand alone and not hidden behind an album tour. The distribution of the songs would be less biased and Maiden would have taken pride and ownership for their current hard core fans' most beloved era.

6 songs represent a 40% of the setlist, thus still too many, imo. You can have 2 classics in the encores, complemented by a well loved reunion, i.e. Blood Brothers and 2 classic songs in the main set.

It kinda happened in 2010 before the release of TFF.

Yes, kinda. Kinda.

I’m terrible at math- but it seemed there were a lot of 50+ folks at both shows I attended.

Tbh- I was hoping for more youngsters.

I had a student (they are in college) say ‘my dad went to that show!’ And I was thinking … yup. That checks out. Lol.

My comment was based on my experience attending Maiden shows on the other side of the pond (different European countries). :)

Missed out on tickets for the first Tampere show. Going to the second. It will be intresting to see if I can avoid spoilers from the first show. Will be the first time I'll go to a Maiden show without knowing the exact setlist!

Missed out on tickets for the first Tampere show. Going to the second. It will be intresting to see if I can avoid spoilers from the first show. Will be the first time I'll go to a Maiden show without knowing the exact setlist!
Tampere won't be the first show of the tour though.

Got tickets for the first Tampere show, thanks to presale; will be seated this time, as I'm not going alone. Considered the second one too, but I'm too broke at the moment, haha...

So far, it's the first Tampere show and second O2 London show for me. Hoping for one or two dates in the Baltics and/or arena show for Sweden as well.

Tampere won't be the first show of the tour though.
I dont think I said it was. I'm not worried about spoilers from a potential June 1st show or whatever, I will just make sure not to go to the forums or youtube or any of the usual spoiler sites. I'm worried about being in a city where a Maiden show just took place. People talking about the setlist at the bars, in the queue etcetc.

I dont think I said it was. I'm not worried about spoilers from a potential June 1st show or whatever, I will just make sure not to go to the forums or youtube or any of the usual spoiler sites. I'm worried about being in a city where a Maiden show just took place. People talking about the setlist at the bars, in the queue etcetc
Gotcha!

I would never make it though, unless I attend the first gig I will spoil the show for myself.

It seems the fan club membership fee was worth its cost this time round.

Yeah. Had I not utilized my access to presale (about an hour before the general sale started), I might have been left without a ticket... Well of course the second show was added immediately, but anyway. Last time I saw them doing two nights in a row I found the first one rather superior, but then again, it was at the beginning of the 2018 tour and three gigs within four days sure was tough run, even though they were rather fresh at the beginning of the tour.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back