The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, we fans in Germany really can't complain. I will consider not being insulted anymore because Köln wasn't chosen.

The assumption that there would be no more shows in DE because of Wacken couldn't have been more wrong.
They've never played LANXESS arena, which is kind of strange, given it's one of the biggest arenas in NRW or Germany in general.

But I'm very pleased with Dortmund. Historical arena and only 40 minute drive.

What makes you think that? There’s a bit of a trek from the Balkans to Finland.
Not really IMO.

I expect the tour to start in mid-late may. 14 days is enough to go from Greece to Finland and play 7 shows in the meantime. The band and the crew seemingly enjoyed rehearsing in Split very much, so I expect them to do that again.

A route of 7 shows like: Athens -> Bucharest -> Belgrade -> Zagreb -> Vienna -> Budapest -> Prague -> Tampere is completely doable in 14 days.

Not really IMO.

I expect the tour to start in mid-late may. 14 days is enough to go from Greece to Finland and play 7 shows in the meantime. The band and the crew seemingly enjoyed rehearsing in Split very much, so I expect them to do that again.

A route of 7 shows like: Athens -> Bucharest -> Belgrade -> Zagreb -> Vienna -> Budapest -> Prague -> Tampere is completely doable in 14 days.

Bruce will be doing his “wannabe Gillan” shows until late April in Brazil and he’ll have to go back to Europe and rehearse a new setlist. I cannot see the tour starting before the end of May.

I might be wrong though.

Extended holiday.

No, no vacations. :D

We've seen and heard this summer that breaks don't agree with them.
I am sure they already have ideas for a new album and are working on them.

They can also make a really good music video for a change. Maybe for "Hell on Earth".
I can show them a spot here on the river where the flow of the water and the surroundings represent the music perfectly.

Not really IMO.

I hope this is true as I would be able to make at least 1 or 2 of these.

Is there a reason why you think the central/eastern European leg will be announced on Thursday in particular?

So, it indeed looks like Wacken is the last gig next year.

So, the only thing remaining is to see the dates at the beginning of the tour, which should be, by all logic, in Balkan countries. And I expect them to be announced on Thursday.
Someone said Aalborg might be the first show of the tour. Remember Maiden just played shows in Athens, Prague, Zagreb this year. The market might need a rest.

Someone said Aalborg might be the first show of the tour. Remember Maiden just played shows in Athens, Prague, Zagreb this year. The market might need a rest.

Also Sofia, Bucharest and Belgrade. Plus Prague is not Balkans <_<

Prague is not the same market as Balkans area.

And Balkan region is must on every tour. And dont know if they ever skip that area

This time it will probably be mainly arenas though, whereas a lot of those shows were outdoors or in stadiums last time, so even if the demand isn't as big cause they just played there a few months ago it'll still be enough to probably sell out arenas in most of these places within a few days of them going on sale.

Also Sofia, Bucharest and Belgrade.
Too many to remember.

There are a lot of countries left they could announce, but there is no guaranee these countries will get a show. Promoters also have a decision to make, and with Maiden having just played a lot of places in Europe, and some were big concerts, it might be to early to make a return.

Prague is not the same market as Balkans area.

And Balkan region is must on every tour. And dont know if they ever skip that area
Ah, of course.

The reason I mentioned those is because I think Croatia and Prague are most likely to get a gig next year. Greece.. Nah, I don't think so.

There are a lot of countries left they could announce, but there is no guaranee these countries will get a show. Promoters also have a decision to make, and with Maiden having just played a lot of places in Europe, and some were big concerts, it might be to early to make a return.

Sure, purely business speaking it sounds logical to skip Balkans this time. I think for Athens and Zagreb is a trend to skip during the smallest tours, maybe for the rest of the Balkans too?

They've never played LANXESS arena, which is kind of strange, given it's one of the biggest arenas in NRW or Germany in general.

The acoustics in the original Lanxess Arena have been completely overhauled, with dedicated bass speakers in the basic configuration for the first time and much more.
I find the acoustics very good now and always wanted to listen to Iron Maiden there.

Hey Rod! ..., but I think now we are getting greedy. :bigsmile:

Someone said Aalborg might be the first show of the tour.

Any mention of a date? Might consider it if it falls on a weekend and if I can get there easily enough. Was burned once before with Aalborg being the first date on the AMOLAD tour until they announced a preceding North American tour after I'd bought tickets to Aalborg on the presumption that it was the first night.

Bruce will be doing his “wannabe Gillan” shows until late April in Brazil and he’ll have to go back to Europe and rehearse a new setlist. I cannot see the tour starting before the end of May.

I might be wrong though.
Still doable if he flies directly to rehearsals. The band can rehearse instrumentally before that and Bruce would still have 2+ weeks of rehearsals. Unless they start rehearsing earlier and take a break while Bruce goes and pretends to be Gillan for 10 days.

However, yeah, less likely now that you mention it. This year they started rehearsing the 2nd week of April.

So, maybe more dates in August could be expected... I simply don't believe, they would do an Euro tour and miss all of these: Austria, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Croatia, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria and Greece.

Pretty sure Bruce can go from the Brazil shows to Maiden rehearsals. He did something similar in 1999?

And I hope they will repeat recording an album in secret like last time. I worked well. Release it straight before the 2024 leg!

I also think during this break, Steve will record and possibly do some British Lion shows, Adrian recording and play some shows with Kotzen, and Bruce recording his solo album. Wishful thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back